We had booked 2 two-queen size rooms via booking.com as we were traveling with our 3 kids.
The reservation was made more than 1 month in advance and we had specified that we wanted 2 rooms at the same floor, for obvious reasons.
As we checked in, front desk and they told us that we only had 1 room reserved but that they had availabilities for a second room.
I insisted on the fact that I wanted the 2 rooms at the same floor, which was of course not possible unless I upgraded to 2 superior rooms, with a supplement of $50 per room per night.
I was upset, but jet lagged and tired, I accepted it.
We were supposed to meet with our friends in Miami. They told us that they had called the hotel several times, asking if we had arrived, and were surpised to hear from Front Desk that there was no reservation at our name.
Our friend asked to leave a message, but we never received it.
They had sent a fruit basket for us, and the present was returned by the hotel.
When our friends came to pick us up at the hotel on the second day, once again, the staff told them that there was no reservation at my name...
On the last day, our friend had arranged the airport transfer for us.
Of course, when the driver arrived, they told him that there were no reservation at my name...
I complained to the manager who accepted to waive the upgrade fee.
We have rented a car twice from the Hertz desk within the hotel.
The service is convenient in theory as you pick up and return the car directly from the hotel. Unfortunately, the service was very very slow, and we didn't get the car category we had requested.
Apart these bad experiences, the staff was nice, the location very good, rooms are comfortable, quiet and spacious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront on Miami Beach, Eden Roc's captivating vibe pulses with a dynamic convergence of modern and classic, delivering the unexpected with a sophisticated and memorable experience. Beginning with the juxtaposition of the historic Legendary Tower with an ultramodern Ocean Tower, Eden Roc inventively merges the best aspects of yesterday with today, taking all to a daring new level of intensity. Located on Collins Ave. This resort flawlessly blends iconic Miami style with fabled glamour, offering 631 spacious guest rooms and suites, four exclusive pools, an iconic Lobby Bar and 70,000 sq. Ft. Of stylish indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. ELLE Spa, created by ELLE Magazine, the first-ever and only of its kind, boasts a bevy of indulgent, luxurious treatments and signature services in a perfect harmony of style, service and serenity. Tempting all to come out and play, the revived Eden Roc ethos is ultra-now, pushing the envelope. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Eden Roc Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Renaissance