“Not so impressed...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
US
“Not so impressed...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The first thing I noticed was the smell of my floor (10F) Sort of like moldy smell of old carpets.
The room was nice and big for myself. But I found the cleaning standard was not so great there. Found sands and dusts here and there in my room.
Out of 6nights I stayed there, it was only one night that I had a bath mat (to wipe my feet). I had to use face towels for the rests of my stay.
The food at the pool side was very good. Cheaper than the other places.
Loved the view from the room, although it was canal view.
If I had to pay the stay here, I would not happy. It is expensive but it was not so perfect for the price. I am glad I did not stay at the tower side. The water pipes broke in that building during my stay. It would have been awful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jim M, General Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. The experience you described surly does not meet our standards and I am sorry for your frustration. It is great to hear that you did enjoy our beautiful views.

We hope to welcome you back to demonstrate the qualities of the first class resort you expected. If I can ever personally assist you with your next visit please feel free to contact me directly at jmauer@destinationhotels.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights with my husband for our honeymoon and it was the best experience of my life. Granted, it was my honeymoon so I was already delighted but this hotel helped make our once-in-a-lifetime trip absolutely perfect. Before the trip, I spent hours on Tripadvisor looking for the perfect hotel for the best value and my research payed off. As far as I'm concerned this is the best place in Miami for the price; I still can't believe how great of a deal it was for everything it included. We stayed in the new tower and got a corner room with a balcony directly facing the beach. The room was beautiful; photos don't do it justice. It was basically 2 separate rooms; a living room with a couch and a tv was connected to dining room with a large table and chairs and then a bedroom separated by sliding doors. The furniture was all modern and beautiful. The bed was large, nice, and comfortable. The bathroom was absolutely amazing with a large tub, open shower, and separate room for the sinks and toilet.

We got room service several times and the food was good. When you stay at Eden Roc you get 2 free drinks. I guess these were supposed to be beer or wine so the mojitos we ordered didn't apply but the bartender was nice enough to give them to us for free anyway. Also, it was the best mojito I'd ever had.

I have absolutely nothing negative to say. Everything exceeded my expectations. Anyone would be crazy not to stay here. I almost don't want to post this review; I don't want the secret to get out about this hotel because I want it to remain affordable and available for me when I inevitably come back! ;)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We can't thank you enough for the fantastic review of Eden Roc Miami Beach! Best experience of your life is quite the compliment! We love to hear about our guests enjoying our hotel as much as we do and we can't wait to have you back!
Streamwood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Awesome oceanview room in the ocean tower bldg on the 17th floor. Loved the balcony view. I would recommend to rent a car but park it on the street or at a parking facility. Hotel parking is too expensive and cab ride from airport to hotel. Great trip for my birthday celebration. Great weather during the last week of sept. 25-30, 2013. Great pool party and excellent food at 1500 degrees restaurant. The restaurant staff acknowledge my birthday celebration with a suprise cake n ice cream n song. The beach was nice and clean. I didnt mind paying the daily resort fee because it included water, beach towels and wifi. Thanks for the free orange- flavored water by the pools. Excellent staff at this hotel. One of the best times in my life. Thanks for the end of summer sale and our room being available early. We had a 1 stop flight so it was nice to be able to check in early. Loved the Aveda amenities. My husband and I really enjoyed our stay and will return. A must stay hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor is best. Very quiet. We stayed on the 17th floor in the ocean tower bldg.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a OCean facing room for four days. The view was great but good things ends here.

Check in was a protracted effort. Inspite of the who'll stay being pre paid they made me charge again the whole amount to another credit card account ie I was charged twice before check in. Even now I don't know if they have reversed the dual charging. The reason for this being lack of coordination between staff sitting at the counter and people who manage online payment receipts. Never had such a horrible management of affairs for prepaid check in in any continent yet.

Next irritating thing was the failure of the doors to open with provided keys. Four times during a stay of four days I had to call security to open door due to faulty locks. There are no chairs or phones in the lobby. So each time I had to go down to concierge for informing them of this fault and then stand out in front of the room for 15-20 min before security comes and opens the door. Lousiest experience.

• Stayed October 2013
Queens, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed here for a friends wedding and had an awesome stay. The room was great and very clean, staff was extremely friendly and very accommodating. The hotel itself is beautiful with a very nice setup. They are right on the beach and have a couple of pools to lounge at. We would definitely stay here again when returning to Miami!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Washington, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Eden Roc is a beautiful hotel, Me and my best friend stayed here during here birthday weekend. We were greeted as soon as we arrived, the front desk reps were awesome and provided great insight for things to do in the area. Our rooms were very clean, no complaints. The hotel isn't on south beach but that's why I liked it more, I slept very well and there was not much noise but it still wasn't far at all from all of the hot spots. My best friend and I really enjoyed ourselves!! This is definitely one of my go to hotels when I am in Miami!

Room Tip: Rooms on the new tower are definitely better!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Verona, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Eden Roc has multiple pools with a great welcoming lobby. The rooms are updated and very nice. There is more than one pool which is great. The gym could ave a little more equipment for a hotel it's size but it was well maintained and very nice. The only complaint from me is that it still felt a little out of date and it's very much a "help yourself" kind of hotel so don't expect to be catered to. The food was good but nothing amazing. The hotel is also a little far from the fun excitement of downtown Miami. Overall, it's a good place to stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Eden Roc Miami Beach? Share your experiences!