“Do urself a favour choose another hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Up to $500 Savings!
Ranked #56 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Do urself a favour choose another hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is an old rundown hotel - taps are stiff n noisy, decor is poor. Sofa on balcony old n uncomfortable. They turn off air conditioning at night so u keep waking up feeling very hot - makes no difference if u turn aircon fan higher. Shower n toilet lights work on n off. Room carpets dirty - due to old equipment. You cannot even watch normal TV u must pay for it.Good location to beach but u pay for chairs n umbrella. Food very nice at Cabana restaurant. Reception staff attentive but doorbell n valets need to be summoned to help as always busy talking. I travel frequently n internationally n this hotel is not up to standard - choose another hotel or u will regret it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim M, General Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are happy to hear you had the chance to enjoy the food in Cabana and meet some of our friendly staff. I regret to hear that you had issues with your room. We will be sure to share this information with our team and hope you will visit Eden Roc Miami Beach in the near future. If I can be of any assistance in your future reservations please feel free to contact me directly at jmauer@destinationhotels.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We initially booked an ocean view corner suite which is in the old tower when we arrived the concierge advised he would upgrade our room to an ocean view room in the new tower.
Don't get me wrong the view is amazing the room is great but the pictures of the king corner suite seem much larger so I wasn't really sure if we were getting an upgrade!?! The hotel staff are super friendly right from the front desk to the guys out the front. The pools are amazing and it's great that you have access to an adult only pool for those without kids.
Easy beach access although I did find that attendant a little abrupt. All in all if I was to return to Miami I would be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Jim M, General Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach. We love hearing how awesome our staff are, and that you were able to relax at one of our four pools! It is great to hear that you will be back, definitely try the ELLE Spa next time!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

What better way to relax with an ice cold beer.great buffalo chicken sandwich..football on the tvs behind a well out together bar with some amazing bartenders..best plave to watch the game..ocean view

• Stayed September 2013
It is great to hear you enjoyed our friendly bartenders, great food and fun atmosphere. Thank you for the great review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach. It is football season for a few more months, so join us again soon!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

When me and my friend arrived there was a long queue for check in and even though there was staff around non seem to act on it. The room was very good. clean and tidy. The balcony was overlooking the pools and the ocean. Very nice. But the furniture on the balcony was uncomfortable and old. The breakfast buffet was very good. I couldn't get enough. The service there was very friendly and fast. The lobby bar is nicely decorated and the bartenders are professional and helpful. But the entertainment was a disaster. One night there were playing the radio with lots of talking in between songs. A real turn off. And the bar closes too early.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach.We are happy to hear that you had the chance to taste our great buffet and experience our beautiful rooms. Thank you also for the comments regarding the music, this is actually something we are working on as we speak! We hope you return soon.
vancouver , British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My first stay at the Eden Roc last week, I wish I was still there! Everyone from front desk where i arrived at 7 am and they had a room ready for me..great start! Doormen super friendly!

The pool staff was great, very welcoming and always helpful. "Jeffrey" was exceptional and was a pleasure to chat w.

Patricia and "King" (not his real name..lol) were also a pleasure to chat with at HAPPY HOUR.!! they both are geniune in there conversation and seem to really enjoy their jobs.

The room I had was Ocean View in the newer tower....Well worth alittle extra money. I could have sat on my balcony all day...or just lie in my bed for that matter! The bathroom was very big nice view from there too! The room has everything you need..although the Aveda products were just a touch disappointed to me..the soap had a odd smell, but thats just my opinion..lol
Housekeeping was very prompt to clean my room, always spotless when i came back from my day.

The entire hotel is very impressively decorated, the lobby bar is beautiful.

Every person I came in contact w was exceptionally friendly and professional.

I will be recommending this hotel to anyone travelling to South Beach. Thanks everyone at Eden Roc for a great vacation! I will be back! :)

Room Tip: Definately get an ocean view in the newer tower... Balconies are great!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Wow! What a fantastic review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you loved our staff and amazing hotel. Thank you very much for recommending us to your friends, and we hope you stay with us again soon!
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Eden Rock Miami Beach
I boked two rooms one for us and the other for a couple friend
Very Good service and amenities
I travel frequently abroad and within the USA, and this Hotel is magnificent. The only reason I did not give an excellent review, was because in the final bill / check out ,they double charged the internet service and the breakfast
Double KUDOS for the outstanding service received from Aleksandra in the front desk
Highly recommended

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your amazing review of the Eden Roc Miami Beach. We are happy to hear that you loved the hotel and were able to experience our great service. We do apologize for the bill mishap, but it is great to hear it was easily resolved. Please join us again soon!
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I also was concerned about the disaffiliation with Marriott and change of restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The rooms were very clean and nice unlike a lot of the South Beach properties. The staff was the normal slightly surly Miami, NYC standard but the Bell Staff actually did their jobs and were pleasant. I am local and was here on business. I did not trust the restaurant for my dinner meeting opting to go next door instead. Maybe next time. It is too soon to tell if this hotel will improve or decline but clearly it has potential. The rooms were reasonablly priced for this area. It could become a locals choice. I will try it again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We are thrilled to hear that the Eden Roc Miami Beach gave you a pleasant surprise! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room, and next time, please do try 1500 Degrees. The farm to table concept brings delicious foods to the menu and the food is fantastic!

Been to Eden Roc Miami Beach? Share your experiences!