“A mixed experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Eden Roc Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Eden Roc Miami Beach to your Saves list
Eden Roc Miami Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4525 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% Off!
Ranked #52 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Airdrie, Canada
“A mixed experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was stoked to travel to the Eden Roc for a conference as I'd never had the chance to visit Miami. When you enter the lobby, the Eden Roc gives the impression of cool style and everything is clean.

My room wasn't ready, so I was given a discount voucher for the day and headed out to the pool to wait. As I hadn't been able to unpack, I purchased sunscreen for an exorbitant $15 at the pool shop. And then my lunch sandwich was equally overpriced. And this is where things started to go downhill. Every food and bev purchase at the hotel (and everywhere in Miami!) has a minimum 18% gratuity added to the bill. I wouldn't have a major issue with this if there service was of a high standard. However, the service was terrible for the entire length of my stay! Lowlights include over 30 minutes to get a mojito at the adults pool only to have it arrive with the ice melted, a 25 minute wait to have a drink order taken at breakfast at 1500 Degrees, and the15 minute wait for a grilled fish sandwich at the pool grill. This is far from the standard of service one would expect from this type of hotel.

When checking in I was careful to ask for a quiet room, far from elevators, as I've had a previous experience with thin walls at a Renaissance property that resulted in a few sleepless nights. My room was around the corner from the elevator and I raised the noise issue again when I arrived at my room. The front desk assured me that the room was quiet, and so I decided not to pay the upgrade fee and forfeited my view. That first night I was so exhausted that I could easily have slept through a hurricane, but after that, every time the elevator dinged I was awoken. And the ding could be heard from the adjoining floors as well. I don't get how all of the Renaissance properties have such thin walls! As a chain, this needs to be addressed.

OK, enough of the bad.... The food at all of the restaurants was excellent, the location on Miami Beach was superb, and the resort was incredibly clean. And the bed was deliciously comfy as well. I took a taxi to Lincoln Road, on the advice of the friendly concierge, my first night at Eden Roc to shop, explore and eat dinner and felt very safe even though I was alone (hubby chose not to join me on this trip).

All in all, I LOVED Miami and can't wait to return. The atmosphere, the air, the food..... all are wonderful. However, I won't be staying at the Eden Roc or any other Renaissance property again.

Room Tip: unless you want a view of a concrete wall, pay for the upgrade. And stay as far from the elevators a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

2,077 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My original booking was in the Tower that overlooks the Bay, the description said partial ocean view( no ocean view) when I entered the room I was immediately disappointed for the amount of money and asked to see a room with an ocean view it was $75 extra/per night but I was like hey I'm on vacation and I wanna surprise the wifey. Needless to say I was VERY pleased the room and view was gourgeous!! If u book plz. book a spa day at the Elle spa it will make you feel special. The only bad thing I have to say about my stay (after I swapped rooms) was all the XTRA fees $35/day parking is close to normal but you know you feel guilty if you don't tip so that's more like $45/day, $25/day resort fee supposed to be for 2 towels@ da beach n 2 chairs but you have to pay $20 for an umberella, you can't bring your own drink by the pool I'm like what am I on a CRUISE??? so u have to pay for their overpriced weak drinks!! If it wasn't for my swapped room and Elle Spa treatment I would be pissed but I'm not. I said all that to say this if you do not get a room w/an ocean view stay somewhere less expensiveb/c it's no different than any other decent hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the Ocean Tower.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Goiania, GO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and daughter for 3 nights in a ocean view room with 2 queen beds at the newer tower.Check in not so pleasant since we arrived at 11 am and the normal time to get in is 4 pm ,not so good after an international flight.My room was good with a great shower an 2 confortable beds and a zero privacy balcony.Breakfast at the restaurant was excellent with lots of fresh fruits and everything else .The bar with the sea view was great at lunch time. There are 3 pools and never had problem in finding space.Beach area was very good but you have to pay for umbrella and chair.At the resort fee of 25 dollars a day you have 2 chairs included.In my case there was some bad information of what were my rights until the end of the bill,so make sure what are yours.Vallet was ok but too expensive 35 dollars.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Castle Pines, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Right on Miami beach the location is beautiful. This was not an ideal hotel for a business trip. You can clearly hear guests in adjacent rooms- do it's noisy. The service was pleasant but missed several behind the scenes items: left out room service trays overnight, mold in showers, mold on fruit served at breakfast, one front desk staff member with strong body odor. While not billed for the breakfast issue - the overall feel was a hotel staff that while friendly, lacked training.

• Stayed July 2013
Casey T, Guest Relations Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not a good one and will address your feedback with the appropriate staff. We invite you to return on your next visit to experience an improved level of service.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Excellent not crowded pools with towels service all-day-long. Nice beach. Should have an alternative to stairs between pools an beach. Very clean room. Big beds. Should have more than one chair. Very good service. Staff always give you a solution to your needs. Should have breakfast included in price.

• Stayed June 2013
Casey T, Guest Relations Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and share your feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the pools, beach, room and service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I've stayed here many times and it's different every time. Sometimes I get spectacular service: Sometimes service is blah. The resort is situated in north beach which is like a 5 minute drive to south beach.

There's a bus that's $2 that takes you right to lincoln road. You can park in the lot next door during the week but on weekends the city is really wacky and does like a valet thing and charges 20-25 bucks. They take advantage of all the people that want to party at liv lounge.

This property is far from all the action, and it makes it hard to go home and relax and return to south beach. It's like: if you go to south beach you're in south beach til the end of the day. If you forgot sunblock, you have to buy it again. cuz you have to pay to go back n stuff... (pay for parking again or another cab or another bus). It's kind of a pain in the butt...

Nonetheless the property is impressive. The lobby can be a zoo if there's a big event going on. I've stayed here while the boat show is going on and it can be quite chaotic.

I've also been here on off weekends when you can roam the property aimlessly and enjoy the ocean breeze. I've also stayed here during monsoon season and it won't stop raining.

Overall, I really like this property. The rooms in the new tower are quite impressive. They are huge and with a balcony and a pretty modern sexy feel. The beds are super comfortable and waking up to the ocean thunder is quite sobering. I love it.

I've stayed in the older wing of the hotel. Rooms are smaller and the hallways can get musky on really humid days. I try to stay in the new tower if i can.

I've yet to stay in a suite here. But I once stayed in their bi level loft. Pretty freakin sexy. However, There's alot of empty spaces in the room that leaves you feeling like something is missing. for example as you walk in, to the left is like a bar. Looks like a kitchen should go there... a refrigerator and maybe a stove. But there isn't... just tall chairs. Then next to the couch... alot of empty space. I wish there was a drawer or something. i don't know. The upstairs bedroom is pretty nice. Definitely not a place to stay with a friend because you can see their silhouette as they shower. I would only stay here with a significant other. I stayed here with 4 females and I was super worried about them judging me or my silhouette as I am a bigger guy. they didn't but still... shouldn't have to worry about stuff like that.

We all fit comfortably. There was a hot tub on the balcony which we never got to use because it kept raining.

I stayed there recently and they started charging a resort fee. I've never got charged the fee before, so it kinda blew my mind when they charged me the last time i stayed here... Which is why i haven't returned. And I been to Miami 6 times this year. oh well.

It's definitely a nice property. If you can get a deal it's worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel meets our needs. We needed a place that have pools and direct beach access to relax for the long weekend and this place is perfect for us. We have kids with us so its perfect for them as we'll.

We were situated in the newer tower building where each room has a private balcony with lounge chairs. The room was clean and stock up everyday. By the time we go back to our room by noon after lounging by the pool our beds were already done, fresh towels provided, toiletries stocked up.

The pool and beach area have a lot of people but we always manage to find chairs. The ocean was sooo blue and the waters were calm.

They have an inhouse restaurant that offers breakfast. We tried it the first time a la carte, it was okay. We dined in one nite and the food was amazing except for the duck fat fries, it was too salty.

The Elle spa was something to try. They have a summer month special and I took advantage of the one hour massage. Ahhh it was wonderful. This place is a full blown spa, it's a must try!

The only thing,is that this is a bit of a drive to South Beach or Ocean Drive. You either have to take a cab which we did (15 bucks each way). There's also a bus stop, but if you are dressed up its a bit of a wait under while baking under the sun. The cab to little Havana was 35 each way.

A must try Cuban resto is Puerto Sagua. It's a dive but there's always a crowd waiting. The food is authentic Cuban food. Their Cuban coffee is amazing. We also ate at Versailles in Calle Ocho, this place I will also recommend. There is also a crowd here.

High end restaurant that I recommend for dinner is 1500 degrees (Eden Roc) and scarpetta (fountainbleau)

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Eden Roc Miami Beach? Share your experiences!