“Very relaxing with a few minor oversights” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eden Roc Miami Beach

Save Saved
You added Eden Roc Miami Beach to your Saves list
Eden Roc Miami Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4525 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Up to 30% Off!
Ranked #50 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Very relaxing with a few minor oversights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The lobby is beautiful as is the location. The pools are also very nice, with the adults only pool being a real bonus feature. Our poolside waiter was great, but the poor guy needed some additional servers. The pool was very busy and he was working his tail off all by himself!

I would highly recommend a room in the new tower. Our first room was in the old tower and it was a disappointment. Very drab, no tub, and a view of the side of a building. However, when we requested a room change, the next room was stunning. The view from the bed was incredible and we had a huge deck off the back. The bathroom was also quite large with a separate shower and jetted tub. My husband and I are not complainers, but I am glad we were assertive and asked for a better room. That being said, there were a few minor issues. First, the shower's glass door had some residue that was never properly cleaned the five days we were there. Also, there were a significant number of smudges and dirty areas on the white walls. I just find this to be unacceptable in a hotel of this price range.

The bottom line is we would stay here again as long as we chose our room carefully. The property is gorgeous and the water in Miami Beach is absolutely beautiful.
The Eden Roc also has a fabulous staff. Everyone, with the exception of one server at 1500 degrees, was so helpful and friendly and they all made a point of greeting and smiling at every guest, which always helps to make up for a few minor mishaps during the stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

2,025 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Having stayed in South Beach many times before we were pretty familiar with the type of hotels in the area, but were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We stayed in a standard room, that was quite nice, but it was the actual hotel property that really impressed us. This hotel is more of a resort than an actual hotel. The pools are beautiful and plentiful, 3 to be exact, with towels and water provided. My favourite spot was the adults only pool, that was higher up with a glass wall. The glass wall came in handy, especially on those cool and windy December Florida afternoons. You could still see the beach and the ocean but were protected from the wind by the glass.
The lobby of the hotel was big with a circular bar right in the centre.
They had a few dinning options. We had a very nice lunch at the Cabana Beach Club overlooking the ocean. There's also a Starbucks in the lobby for your morning java fix.
The only downside for us was that you had to valet park your car, but most hotels in the area are valet as well, so it really couldn't be avoided. At night they would light these fire pits with couch like seating all around where you could sit and enjoy an adult beverage or two! We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be staying at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bountiful
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The check in process was not what I have come to expect from resorts of this quality. For a mandatory vallet process with a price tag, I would have though someone would have at least helped with our luggage. The lobby bar tenders lacked personality and acted entirely put out. I think the mandatory 18% gratuity has degraded customer service. The room was nice and clean and the grounds were lovely and well maintained.

• Stayed June 2013
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Eden Roc is just perfect. Comfy rooms, clean pool area, friendly staff, right on the beach. The boardwalk extends along Miami Beach and it right on the hotel property for easy access. This hotel seems much more comfortable than the neighboring popular Fountainbleu, where the pool chairs are crowded and lined up for rows and rows with no view of the actual water. HIGHLY recommend.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My girlfriends and I go to South Beach at least once a year. We generally stay at the Bentley or The Bentley Beach hotels. This year we decided to try something different. We got the best of both worlds; we got a beautiful hotel and the experience of a resort.

The staff was super friendly and the beach and views were beautiful. The only thing I didn't love was the food. I was able to make do with Shrimp Caesar Salad and wings but I didn't enjoy anything else, not even the drinks (minus one pina colada) the drinks were a little weak compared to...I guess Wet Willies where I can have one drink and be satisfied.

Otherwise I will be back for sure. I loved the resort and highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful Hotel with an amazing beach clear waters and white sand. Would highly recommend staying here. great location and very easy to get taxis to south beach. Clean rooms and pools with good food by the beach/pool. Would stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I typically see a hotel as a place to sleep and then go about my activities in that city. The Eden Roc was a complete vacation package. The room was spectacular with an ocean view and comfortable exterior seating. I ate twice at the outdoor bar/seating area and the wait staff was extremely courteous and friendly and the food was excellent. I used the spa for a massage and it was very relaxing and the additional services in the spa that you could use were just great. Gratuity was build into everything-I know some like this and others don't but it was easier for me. Parking costs were a bear at $35 per night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Eden Roc Miami Beach? Share your experiences!