“Let me Upgrade you!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Spring, Texas
“Let me Upgrade you!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Check in was great. Upgraded to a balcony ocean view because they were unable to accommodate our adjoining room request. Room was clean. Baclony & chairs could have been cleaner. However not a problem because I didn't spend majority of my time on the balcony or the room Ate breakfast at 1500 and was upgraded to private dining. Breakfast buffet was very delicious. Overall had a wonderful time. The staff was AMAZING. I should have wrote the review sooner because I have forgotten the name of the staff that went out of their way to help us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Parker, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We would never recommend this hotel after our stay 4/17-21. The valet was professional but incorrect with directions to the car rental. After 1 ½ hours my husband went on a hunt for our luggage. He found it out in the open, unattended and where anyone could get to it. I thought they had a place for luggage. If you want an extra garbage can with 2 week old trash in it and a sheet turned inside out on the bed only to find a gross stain on the right side, ask for room 736. It has a great view of the parking lot and building next door. It has a dresser that the drawers do not close completely or the door in front to hide them. Very discouraging was the IHome. 1st & 2nd ones did not work and finally 3rd one was the charm. What happen to quality equipment and quality staff?! Finally, the most uncomfortable thing was the loud music whenever you went outside. At some parts around the pool you could actually hear two different kinds of music at one time. The only positive thing here was the food provided during the company functions.

Room Tip: Once they changed the dirty sheet, the bed was comfortable if you like it firm.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stone Mountain, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Where can I start? Well first I did my research on this hotel. I read reviews from terrible to excellent and decided to take a chance on this hotel even though it was about a 10 minute ride from south beach. I have also gotten some personal reviews on the Eden Roc as well and heard good things.
Ok, got to the hotel and check in was fast and easy. Everyone was polite and we even recieved great information and ideas for our weekend stay. We got to our room. The room was nice. The balcony could be a little cleaner and the chair on the balcony needed to be replaced. No big deal. Turned the shower on and the tub has a leak where it was supposed to be sealed. Water was coming out so fast it was it was almost touching the carpet to the actual room!!! Called the front desk and they said they were sending an engineer up. When the engineer arrived he saw all the water and immediately had a bus boy to come get our belongings to switch rooms. They were very accommodating, as they very well should have been. They even gave us a room on the 21 st floor and the view was spectacular. Everything was great until the next day when we had taken a shower and tge water was filling up past our ankles by not draining properly!!! Can you say GROSS!!!! By this time im disgusted. Im really trying to love this hotel and enjoy my stay but I was not switching to another room. The first move had taken up too much of my time already. I had reservations to restaurants and events that had to be altered and I wasnt willing to waste anymore of my trip on moving to another room. I called front desk again and let them know of the 2nd issue we were having. He was very apologetic and said he was going to speak with his manager to see if they compensate in any way. They sent an engineer (the same one they sent to the last room) to fix this issue. When we returned to our room there was a note feom the manager apologizing and 2 tickets to the Eden roc bar for free drinks. Well if thats compenstaing us they clearly don't know the meaning. First of all it was 3 of us not 2! They should have given free drinks all weekend long!! I was displeased, not satisfied at all and not to mention pissed. Management was always very polite but they were not budging on giving us any further "compensqtion" because I had a Marriott friend s and family discount. Not only that they tried to over charge my card an extra $625 for an extra night!!! I will not be staying at this hotel EVER again. The amenities are very nice but it is other hotels that are just as nice closer to South Beach. Avoid costly cab rides and simple issues like this by avoiding the Eden Roc. As expensive as everything there (Marriott discount included) nothing should jave gone wrong with my room.

Room Tip: James in concierge is the best!! He was the best part of the hotel!
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a classic. The beach is great and hotel is North of all the action. Room was small while the bill was very large. Not sure why the hotel costs so much off season and middle of week.

Staff try to act so "cool" that they are rude, they lost touch with being friendly.

It's an ok place, but maybe a few more bucks I bet I could get better.

• Stayed April 2013
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had an extra day in Miami after getting off a cruise so decided to stay on Miami Beach. Had a great corner room with a huge balcony and a beautiful view. Room was great and the bed was soooo comforatable. The hotel's beach is very nice and has food and beverage service. Drinks are expensive (as you would expect) and the food was just OK. Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you don't mind spending a few extra $'s for an upper end experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Astoria, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the King Corner wrap around balcony suite. Big balcony is not necessary, but room is huge!! Hotel was busy with conference, but we took a fitness boot camp class and it was awesome! Bar is ok, but the restaurant 1500 is a must. Farm to table restaurant that is out of this world. Fine dining and worth every penny. We had loud neighbors, but Miami is kind of a party town. Pools were ok, and beach was decent. Good North Beach hotel.

Room Tip: King Corner Suite is huge!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Viera, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great location and nice renovation of the hotel. Older tower rooms are still awkward, beautiful bathroom. We stayed in a King Suite and expected much more for the price...we had a wrap around balcony and no furniture besides an awkward couch with no cushions. The food at the beach bar was marginal and the drinks overpriced, walk next door to the Fountainbleu or Soho Beach House for lunch or dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new tower.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Eden Roc Miami Beach? Share your experiences!