My 15 year old and myself were very excited for our Miami trip. Having been to Miami a few times before we thought we would try a different hotel. Unfortunately, when we arrived, we weren't aware the boat show was going on so the area and hotel was very crowded- foot traffic and car traffic. When we arrived at the hotel we were able to check in right away- before the standard check in time, which is always nice. We were put in the old tower. When we arrived at our room, they were painting it. We went back to the desk and they said they would stop so we could go in. We went back to the room but the stench of paint was so strong so we asked for another room. They said they could put us in the new tower. We were excited until they told me I had to pay a $75 upgrade fee for each night. Needless to say, we were annoyed and felt put out, but I paid the extra 75 so we could go ahead and start our mini vacation. The room in the new tower was extremely clean and quiet- great for sleeping. However, I found the attitude and service of the employees sub par, especially in relation to other Marriotts I've stayed in as well as other hotels. The only staff I found very helpful and nice were the men at the front door who got us our taxi and the guys on the beach were great also. The hotel is nice- big bar/lobby area which is enjoyable. A little too far away from the heart of SOBE (had to take a cab everywhere). The one major drawback is the building blocked the sun at the pool shortly after noon and blocked the sun on the beach shortly after 3pm..... That within itself will cause me not to return to this resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront on Miami Beach, Eden Roc's captivating vibe pulses with a dynamic convergence of modern and classic, delivering the unexpected with a sophisticated and memorable experience. Beginning with the juxtaposition of the historic Legendary Tower with an ultramodern Ocean Tower, Eden Roc inventively merges the best aspects of yesterday with today, taking all to a daring new level of intensity. Located on Collins Ave. This resort flawlessly blends iconic Miami style with fabled glamour, offering 631 spacious guest rooms and suites, four exclusive pools, an iconic Lobby Bar and 70,000 sq. Ft. Of stylish indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. The Spa at Eden Roc, boasts a bevy of indulgent, luxurious treatments and signature services in a perfect harmony of style, service and serenity. Tempting all to come out and play, the revived Eden Roc ethos is ultra-now, pushing the envelope. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Eden Roc Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Renaissance