We chose the Eden Roc for its proximity to the beach, and on this, it does not disappoint. We got the Ocean Getaway package and were upgraded to a room directly facing the ocean in the ocean tower (room 1852). The windows faced due east—from bed all you could see was the sea and the sky, it was beautiful. We spent a lot of time on our terrace, listening to the sea.
The service at the hotel was great—everyone was helpful and pleasant and attentive. The beach area was lovely, and you could order drinks and lunch from your beach chair, which was great.
Overall, the hotel’s décor was unimpressive, though. The lobby bar design isn’t cohesive enough to feel as if you’re in a bar- it’s more like a fancy waiting room in a train station. The pool areas are drab, not much to look at, but there are plenty of chairs and the pool side service is fantastic. The room design is fine, certainly not memorable. The spa was nice and not crowded—I spent a few blissful hours by myself in the hot tub/steam room/sauna. Same with the gym- no need to compete for space.
Breakfast was included in our rate, and the buffet was fantastic. Tons of fresh, exotic fruit, healthy and decadent choices galore, all of it delicious. The food overall was good, expensive, of course, but we were happy enough with it.
One big downside was the number of large events/conferences going on at the hotel. Several outdoor areas were closed off at various times, and the lobby/public spaces were filled with business people milling about–which did not promote a resort atmosphere.
Overall we had a great time, and really, really enjoyed the view from our balcony and sitting on the beach. We walked by other hotels and noted that there’s a lot of construction noise all over Miami beach—thankfully we weren’t exposed to any of it at Eden Roc.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort And Spa
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Hotel
- Renaissance Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Renaissance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the world-renowned Miami Beach, Eden Roc Renaissance Miami Beach embraces its role as a timeless treasure, yet welcomes guests with a gracious, new contemporary spirit. Guests can luxuriate in spacious rooms & suites, bask in the sun at one of four refreshing pools or claim a chaise lounge on the beach to watch the waves roll by. Enjoy 1500 Degrees with Celebrity Chef Paula DeSilva or dine beachside Cabana Beach Club. Discover the first ever ELLE SPA at this premier Miami Beach resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.