“Beachside Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eden Roc Miami Beach

You added Eden Roc Miami Beach to your Saves list
Eden Roc Miami Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4525 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Formerly Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort & Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
20% Off + Daily Breakfast
Ranked #58 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
Boston
“Beachside Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Was here for a convention end of February. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and it was overcast and chilly for February. The hotel room was nice but by Marriott standards I've been in better. Elevators took a long time to get to the lobby or your floor. What I didn't like was the fact that every restaurant bill (including the bar) automatically added a 18% tip even for 1 person. The first time when I ordered a salad by the pool I didn't know there was automatic tip included and the waitress gave me the copy to sign while holding the itemized receipt (it was breezy) so needless to say I added a 18% tip on top of the automatic tip. The breakfast buffet was $28 plus they included an 18% tip and taxes so final bill was $36. The waitress only cleared away the table.
There was a separate pool for adults which was nice. It was quiet and you didn't have to contend with kids screaming and running around. The beach was ok but it seems, like most of the Atlantic coast, the beach had eroded due to all the hurricanes and there really wasn't a big beachfront.
As respects the convention, the meeting rooms were big, the beverages and buffet meals served had variety and were pretty good. We had a cocktail party outside one night and the food was very good. Big issue with conventions is everyone goes out to eat at night and there are no taxis available. Had to wait 45 minutes to get a cab. So be forewarned if you are at a large convention.
Exercise room had plenty of treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, circuit training machines, free weights and balls & mats. Fairly nice size. They offered exercised classes in the morning at evening. Took a spinning class one night was the only one there so the instructor worked with me as I was a novice. That was nice.
I had a really nice maid for all the days I was there. She did an outstanding job cleaning the room plus whenever she saw me she would say hello and ask how my day was. If I was back in my room for an hour or so, she'd go work in another room as to not bother me. Very considerate. She deserved the room tip I left her every day.

Room Tip: Ask for newer wing. Those rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was here on a company conference. Company paid for the rooms so no complaints about resorts fees, etc which other reviewers are complaining about. The rooms are clean and spacious enough. I was in the new wing and had a room facing the beach and pool - view is fantastic. The room has a jacuzzi bath which I didn't have a chance to use because of my busy schedule. Food for lunch and breakfast was catered by the conference organisers was of good quality but limited in choice an range as compared to what I can find in Asia. The hotel is right on the beach and right next to the beach and next to the end/start of the boardwalk which is good for joggers or people who want to walk to Ocean Drive which is about 3 km (2 miles) away. I used the gym which was decently equipped but what was missing was bottled water which I would carry around the different exercise areas - may this is not expected in the U.S. I had 2 parcels delivered to me for collection at the UPS office at the ground floor near Starbucks (yes, there's a Starbucks in the hotel). Was surprised that I had to pay $6 per parcel but paid anyway.

Miami beach itself as a breach place is not spectacular, you can get better beaches elsewhere. For those who want to shop the nearest mall is Lincoln Mall which is 5-10min away by taxi - costs about $10. It's street mall and not a shopping complex which we Asians are used to.

Overall nice conference venue, nice location, staff were friendly and helpful. I didn't have any nasty or bad experiences. But nothing spectacular.

Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at the Eden Roc 5 nights for an on-site conference, arriving 2 days in advance for a mini-vacation with my husband. The property deserves the "average" rating, but could bump that up with focus on a few things. Nothing was horribly wrong (I've stayed in dumps all over the world, but such a better job could be done with the resources at hand), but expectations are high with a standard room running $300/night.

Lobby bar? Get rid of the Ashland, VA bartender who thinks it is endearing to refer to a black patron as "high yellow." Please! Food there? Just fine.

Main restaurant? Stunning! See separate review. Amazing. Honestly!

FedEx delivery? Staff in the UPS office was in/out so often that I could not retrieve a package that arrived before we did. It took 4 trips (2 requests to the front desk to please have the box dropped off in the room went unaddressed) and about 36 hours to finally catch the UPS staff.

Pool/beach/cabana? Great personalities! Poor memory. Friendly, although he tried to charge me twice for the chaise lounge. It's a good thing I kept my receipt. There were only 12 or so people on the beach, so crowds were not an issue.

Housekeeping? Fantastic.

Room temp? Tough to control. Common areas (elevators, hallways) were freezing. Conference rooms were quite comfortable.

Spa? Pedicure was on par with that in a strip shopping center, certainly below expectations for a nice resort. Less than half an hour after my pedicure, my husband noticed a couple of flubs. :(

Room Tip: Rooms in the new tower, with ocean-facing views, are gorgeous. We stayed in the original tower and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I start this review by saying I took time out of my vacation to call the hotel manager and share my opinions We arrived walked into the hotel no one opens the door for you. This was the case the entire 5 days we were there. There are plenty of staff outside but no one helps you. Front desk was pleasant. Our room was very nice. Getting worn but beautiful view. We had a huge terrace with one small very stained couch. Towels in the bathroom are TERRIBLE. cheap hard feel like a bath mat.

You get a towel card to get pool towels. They are cheap small blue towels. You need 2 to cover a chair. No one helps you find chair or helps to set up. Trash is left around both hotel floor and pool area. Clean up is not good.

Hotel bar is nice to look at but the 2 bartenders are terrible. They don't smile. You feel like they are doing you a favor. For 18-22 a drink it shouldn't be that way. I asked for some nuts and the bartender looked at me like I was nuts.

Hotel has tremendous potential but if it continues this way it will be comparable to a best western. Btw the manager should have offered me a drink on the house for my time with him. I got nothing.

• Stayed March 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I like Miami Beach a lot but sometimes get irritated with the traffic and congestion. Eden Roc kind of fits the bill. The hotel is very clean and attractive. Valet parking was a little bit of a cluster. I can't remember how much I paid to park but I think it was high. A resort fee is automatically added to your bill regardless of if you use the internet, chairs at the beach or spa.

The lobby had a very pleasant smell of vanilla. There are two towers at Eden Roc. We were in the newer one which I highly suggest. Our room had a very cool looking bathroom. The shower/bath has a sliding window that opens up to a view of bedroom/balcony view. The room definitely seemed more fit for couples than it did for families with small kids. In fact, really nothing in Miami Beach is fit for kids.

The king sized bed was very comfortable. Our balcony overlooked the ocean/pools.

On a previous trip I stayed at the South Beach Marriott which I prefer over Eden Roc. 4 stars.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Eden Roc a few times on business over the last few years. The hotel is in a great spot and the outdoor spaces are very nice. Generally, the staff is very good, although getting a drink in the lobby bar can be tough - particularly if you are wearing a suit. The rooms are spaceous, but a little dated. Love the showers.

Coal Valley, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

good location on the beach rooms are nice. restaurants were very good service was perfect. i would definately recommend this resort. plenty of outside space for the whole family. we were more then satisfied with the eden roc. $38 for valet was a bit excessive but very convenient

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Eden Roc Miami Beach? Share your experiences!