The renovation of this hotel is magnificent, better in my opinion than that of the Fontainebleau next door. The staff was unfailingly polite and responsive. Our room in the Ocean Tower was beautiful with modern decor. We had an alcove where the desk was located. Most rooms in this tower don't have that alcove and are a bit crowded. There were two small closets but for some mysterious reason there was a hanging bar in only one of them. Combined with the existence of only two deep drawers, this was inadequate for a couple staying a week.
The most bizarre aspect of our stay was the housekeeping. We tip housekeeping staff generously and on a daily basis, so they usually like to work in our room. We got turn-down service the first night but not the second. We called the housekeeping supervisor and requested nightly service, a request that was repeated. Unfortunately we only ended up having turndown on 3 of our 7 nights.
Every Marriott in the US I have ever stayed at (we have been Gold for years) leaves newspapers at our door (usually choices of USA Today, local, and WSJ). We have local AND WSJ in our profile. We received one local paper and one USA Today in our seven days.
This hotel seems to have a very successful convention/trade show business. The meeting rooms are on the lobby level of the Ocean Tower so we were constantly darting in and out of human traffic to get to our room. The parking valet ($35/day) was excellent with in and out privileges and great service.
The only casual restaurant is outdoors (but covered) close to the beach.
I would have rated this hotel higher if it was a "work in progress" but the renovations are no longer new and it has been a Marriott property for several years. They should do a better job here.
But the room, the view, and the accomodating manner of the staff make up for a lot of sins, so I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the world-renowned Miami Beach, Eden Roc Miami Beach embraces its role as a timeless treasure, yet welcomes guests with a gracious, new contemporary spirit. Guests can luxuriate in spacious rooms & suites, bask in the sun at one of four refreshing pools or claim a chaise lounge on the beach to watch the waves roll by. Enjoy 1500 Degrees, dine beachside in Cabana Beach Club, seen and be seen at the Lobby Bar and grab a little pick me up at Starbucks. Discover our sanctuary for your senses with the first ever ELLE SPA at this premier Miami Beach resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Eden Roc Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Renaissance