Stayed here end of October beginning of November 2012 and was never disappointed. We had a double/king room that came with all the amenities that you expect in this kind of hotel: TV, aircon, room service, safe, coffee maker, iron, hairdryer, toiletries etc. Only disappointment was that there was no fridge/minibar. The bed was really comfortable, shower had good pressure and lots of hot water; there was also a bath! The room was really quiet too and we slept very well. If i had to complain about one thing, the room got very dark early and the lamps just weren't bright enough to do make up and hair etc
In general terms, the hotel has an amazing lobby (the decor is very impressive) with a hotel bar at its centre (prices are, needless to say, expensive); it has a formal restaurant (I only had breakfast here, which was delicious); it also has an outdoor bar (this is where we spent most of our time as it was less formal and the burgers were fantastic) and it has 3 outdoor pools with loungers. The hotel leads onto the beach and you can charge loungers and umbrellas to your room. There's also a Starbucks on site and a gift shop.
All staff at the hotel are very helpful and friendly. I was having trouble checking in my flight and the gentleman at reception really helped me, even speaking Spanish for me over the telephone. We also used the concierge to plan a trip to the Everglades and she was especially organised and helpful in her service.
The location is quite far away from the popular South Beach, but you can get busses for $2 from the bus stop across the road from the hotel.
All in all, I had a great stay, however, it's exactly what you expect and pay for. I've stayed in much cheaper places that have a bit more of a wow-factor and more impressive personal touches, but then again this is a major chain hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort And Spa
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Hotel
- Renaissance Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Renaissance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the world-renowned Miami Beach, Eden Roc Renaissance Miami Beach embraces its role as a timeless treasure, yet welcomes guests with a gracious, new contemporary spirit. Guests can luxuriate in spacious rooms & suites, bask in the sun at one of four refreshing pools or claim a chaise lounge on the beach to watch the waves roll by. Enjoy 1500 Degrees with Celebrity Chef Paula DeSilva or dine beachside Cabana Beach Club. Discover the first ever ELLE SPA at this premier Miami Beach resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.