“Great hotel but it's what you expect” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Up to 25% OFF Rates
Ranked #68 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Bristol, UK
“Great hotel but it's what you expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here end of October beginning of November 2012 and was never disappointed. We had a double/king room that came with all the amenities that you expect in this kind of hotel: TV, aircon, room service, safe, coffee maker, iron, hairdryer, toiletries etc. Only disappointment was that there was no fridge/minibar. The bed was really comfortable, shower had good pressure and lots of hot water; there was also a bath! The room was really quiet too and we slept very well. If i had to complain about one thing, the room got very dark early and the lamps just weren't bright enough to do make up and hair etc

In general terms, the hotel has an amazing lobby (the decor is very impressive) with a hotel bar at its centre (prices are, needless to say, expensive); it has a formal restaurant (I only had breakfast here, which was delicious); it also has an outdoor bar (this is where we spent most of our time as it was less formal and the burgers were fantastic) and it has 3 outdoor pools with loungers. The hotel leads onto the beach and you can charge loungers and umbrellas to your room. There's also a Starbucks on site and a gift shop.

All staff at the hotel are very helpful and friendly. I was having trouble checking in my flight and the gentleman at reception really helped me, even speaking Spanish for me over the telephone. We also used the concierge to plan a trip to the Everglades and she was especially organised and helpful in her service.

The location is quite far away from the popular South Beach, but you can get busses for $2 from the bus stop across the road from the hotel.

All in all, I had a great stay, however, it's exactly what you expect and pay for. I've stayed in much cheaper places that have a bit more of a wow-factor and more impressive personal touches, but then again this is a major chain hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I liked this place more than I expected. I would have given it a 4.5 score if it existed. I stayed one night on the top floor of the older tower--corner suite 1403. I booked the room because of the location (close to, but not IN SOBE, and near some nightlife) and price. $459+ extras for this room was reasonable for the quality and space of this room. It has a spacious, wraparound, ceiling-less balcony with amazing 300-degree view. 2 walls of the main room are all floor to ceiling windows--the scenery is gorgeous day and night. I loved the mod, minimalistic decor and ample space. The main "parlor" is sunken, 2 steps below the galley kitchen, broad entrance hallway, and huge bathroom. My only complaint about the furnishings was the galley kitchen--it was painfully sparse--just a set of cabinets and sink. That tiny space desperately needs a mirror or SOMETHING. Bed was good--t.v. was huge. Slept with the heavy glass balcony door wedged open and listened to the waves all night while the whispy curtains moved in the breeze. Saw the sunrise from my bed--yumm. Was looking forward to breakfast but they missed a few things--wrong type tea, waffle was cold and there was no butter, coffee pot leaked all over the bed. Mgmt made better by giving us a yummy bowl of fruit. Don't miss a soak in that deep tub for two. Beach was clean and well organized. Pool area was gorgeous. Lobby was modern, clean, and period-eclectic. I took a lot of pics of the lobby because it was very cool. Park in the public lot next store and save $35/day for valet. We didn't use our drink tickets because we left them in the room--but mgmt comped us before we checked out when we presented the un-used tickets.

Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

the ocean tower rooms are beautiful, spacious and very comfortable. the pool area and lobby are also very nice. however, this hotel needs to work on better service. First, the elevators were out of service for over 3 hours. with a room on the 12th floor you can imagine the inconvenience of walking up 12 Flights of stairs with wet swimwear on. The next day, the fire alarms went off throughout the entire hotel. Again, unexpected annoyance at this hotel. Finally, at checkout we had to deal with a rude, abrasive african american lady at the front desk who had no regard for the billing errors on our statement. her "how dare you question our bill" attitude was very unbecoming of a marriott employee. For $300 a night, this was not the marriott service i am accustomed to or expect to receive. with soooo many nice places to stay in miami beach...like the fountainbleu, the loews and the diplomat, i dont anticipate staying at this property ever again.

Room Tip: ocean view tower......defintely worth when compared to the older, original tower.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Eden Roc this past weekend for just a little getaway for some sun and relaxation, which is exactly what we got! The beach area is really nice as well is the pool area. They have like 3 different pools, including an adult area which is nice and quiet and get the sun the longest. We ate lunch at their restaurant by the beach, food and service was really good. We also ate at 1500 degrees for dinner and had a great meal. Service was just ok, but the food was really good. The rooms were great... nice and spacious bathroom as well as bed area. This hotel has a resort feel just like Fountainbleau (minus a few restaurants and a night club) but the rooms are a considerable amount bigger. This hotel does charge a $25 resort fee, but has a decent value to it. Free wifi, beach chairs, bottled water in room, fitness classes, and welcome cocktails. I felt it was worth it. We would definitely stay here again on our next visit to Miami beach!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Eden Roc's new Ocean Tower is a great new addition. Chic stylish room with great views. Each room has a perfect view of the ocean. The bed, the desk all face a large terrace overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The room is large and the bathroom is huge. A separate shower and tub room has sliding frosted glass so you can view the scenery out the window.Two closets and a refreshment center roundout the cool white and light pastel colours of the room. Nice location in a very fashionable strip on Collins Avenue. Each floor hallway has a floor to cieling window facing Indian Creek, Millionaire's Row, Biscayne Bay and the city of Miami. The lobby is beautifully decorated and the circular bar in the middle of the lobby is the place to be and the place to be seen. Joel, who took care of our reception, provided hotel information and assisted us with all our needs at checkin. Very professional and hospitable, he was the intro to a very well maintained and service oriented establishment. We will definitely return here in the future.

Room Tip: Ocean Tower. High Floor. Great View!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My niece and I stayed here for the BCS championship game before transferring to the Westin Diplomat on the night of the game. (GO IRISH!) The rooms were what I would expect from a Renaissance, but it is the customer service that truly set this hotel apart. Every employee spoke to you when you passed them and the host at the main restaurant actually remembered our names. The breakfast was outstanding. The best selection of fruits at a buffet I have ever had. Also, if you wanted pancakes or a waffle, they were prepared fresh for you. If a serving bowl was half empty it was replaced by a fresh bowl. We had several questions for the concierge and they always gave us very concise, helpful responses. The Westin we transferred to should take lessons.

Also, halfway during the BCS game, I realized I had left my coat and a wool cape in the closet, I immediately called the hotel and within ten minutes they called me back, told me they had my items and would ship them to me at no charge. WOW!!! I received the items today--thank you. The next time we return to Miami Beach, there is no question we will stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have never had such a rude staff at any hotel I have ever tryed to make a reservation at - I wouldn't stay here if it was the last hotel in Miami. 2 seperate phone reservationists were completely awful and all I was trying to do was check on reservations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Eden Roc Miami Beach? Share your experiences!