“they think they are better than they are!!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
3rd Night Free Offer
Ranked #72 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“they think they are better than they are!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Typical resort they advertise great service but in reality it is just a lot of smiles not much behind it. you know they say how can we help you but when you ask for anything they look at you like you are talking a different language!! Hard to believe but I can actually say every question request was met with either being redirected to someone else who doesn't anwser your question or request or a look of surprise like no one has ever asked that question. For example I asked what was the best place to go to south beach where to park and enter the beach you would have thought I asked how to get to the moon.....they just don't know, are you kidding me no one has ever asked that before really hard to believe, I'll never come back thank god the weather was great

Room Tip: stay in the new tower
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Please contact me if you would like to discuss your stay. Greg Cook GM greg.cook@renaissancehotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
iupato
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on vacation and the rooms in the new tower are simply amazing!!! Huge balcony’s that overlook the pools into the ocean. You can lay on your bed and stare at the ocean or take a shower, which has a shutter that opens so you can look out to the ocean while you shower. The adult pool was very relaxing and the staff at the pool was always available. The spa was great also, very nice pre and post massage rooms, so make sure you plan a little extra time on either end of your service. Eden rock, well done, we will be back!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I came with my friends to Miami, and chose this hotel only because it is close to the fountainblu. I am glad we did. the hotel has a special vibe, it was built I think around the 50s and even though its modern and has been recently renovated, you can still feel its glorious past, artists such as Lucy, Marlyn Monroe, Frank Sinastra, Elizabeth Taylor stayed there. The service, the food is very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This hotel is beautiful but it has one major issue: the staff that is very unfriendly and never wants to help.
The rooms too were not very clean and the staff did not believe anything we told them
Even the amenities in this hotel suck and i would not recommend it to any one who likes friendly staff and clean rooms
Still Miami is a beautiful city and I enjoyed my stay in this city

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Eden Roc Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Very Sorry to see that you felt the Staff was Unfriendly. Would love to hear more as this is not typical of our Resort and would like to find out what happened. My email is greg.cook@renaissancehotels.com. Hope to hear from you. Greg Cook General Manager
Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had made a reservation on Priceline, and after being confirmed at the Eden Roc and reading others' reviews I was very nervous about staying here. My relative had stayed here before and had an excellent experience in the Ocean Tower with an ocean front room. I called ahead and spoke to Matteo, who advised me that the week I was going was not so full, so although my reservation was for a standard room, I would possibly be upgraded at check-in, but he could not guarantee anything on the phone. Upon arrival, I mentioned to Elvis at the check in counter that i had spoken to Matteo. He called him over, and together they decided to upgrade me complimentary to the ocean tower, king size bed, jaccuzi, with full ocean front view!
My experience was uphill from then on. The staff go out of their way to satisfy you. I had returned from a shopping trip and my ice coffee had spilled in my car. The guys at valet told me not to worry, they cleaned it up for me happily! The multiple pools meant they were never crowded, and the beach was not crowded either. I fail to understand others complaints about wild music at the pool too. And i never had to wait long for the valet to bring my car. (The one time there was a mix up and it took a few minutes, they gave us cold water bottles while we waited!
This is the place to be if you're looking for a relaxing resort in a quieter area where you can stay on grounds all day with the pools, spa, gym, dining, and private beach!
I look forward to going again next winter!

Room Tip: Get a high floor for minimum noise from the pool area. The ocean tower is nice new and clean! Defini...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Was here with my parents for vacation-I am a marriott member and they have upgraded us to the oceanview room at the new ocean tower! We were staying at 12 floor. The view was breath-taking and the room is very romantic and well designed, very comtemporary. Staff are well trained and very helpful, professional.We even received a call from the mananger to check on us, great services! In our room, we also got spa bathtub,so didn't have to go to Jaccuzi near the pool. Love the walk on the beach and the sea breeze in the morning on the balcony overlook the beautiful ocean. The property worths every penny. The only thing is -the property does charge $25.00 resort free plus $35.00 velet parking daily and we stayed there two days, so that is additional $110.00 for the trip. Luckily, with the Marriott membership, we received $25.00 resort credits daily, so that helped. Highly recommended this property, we will be back and you will love it!!!

Room Tip: Join the Marriott membership(free)-so you can receive free upgrade( if available), free internet and...
Bucks County, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Just spent 5 days at the Eden Rock for a family vacation, and it was a wonderful experience. The hotel is a beautiful, clean and well-maintained facility in a lovely area, and the staff couldn't have been more friendly, helpful and accommodating. Our room was spacious and comfortable (they upgraded us to an oceanfront room!), and, although the hotel is a few miles from South Beach, it's a short cab ride (about $10 each way with tip), and there's a bus stop right across the street. If you want to experience classic, old style Miami Beach while still having easy access to the bars, restaurants and party atmosphere of South Beach, I'd highly recommend the Eden Roc.