We are regular Marriott customers and used our reward points for the Eden Roc for 5 nights. Our room didn't have a sea view or a balcony so we are a little cynical about room allocations for reward points - you just don't get allocated the good ones! Our room looked towards downtown and the airport and whilst it was a good size, the furnishings and decor were somewhat tired looking. The carpet looked like it needed a good vacuum clean and there was a layer of dust along the top of the skirting boards. This is sloppy housekeeping. The bathroom was a good size with a huge shower recess but there was missing tile grout which looked ugly and it was disappointing to see that such basic maintenance had not been attended to.
The hotel is popular with conferences and there was a big one in town during this particular week so in the lobby and the bar every evening there was a cacophony of noise from the delegates so no relaxing cocktail for us. We couldn't hear ourselves speak! The restaurant/bar beachside was pleasant enough and the staff there all very friendly.
The tour desk service was good and booking out two excursions was quick and easy.
Hurricane Sandy didn't help with our stay there as it was impossible to sit on the beach or by the pool - of course this was no fault of the hotel, just unfortunate timing.
The hotel is located quite a long walk from South Beach but there is a regular public bus service from outside the hotel. There are zero convenience stores within walking distance of the hotel so if you want anything, get it in South Beach and schlep it back to the hotel.
In summary, the hotel standard is better than average but it's not as stunning as you would expect from an expensive hotel in Miami. The internet website gives the impression of opulent luxury but we found it just a little more prosaic than that.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Hotel
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort And Spa
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Renaissance Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Renaissance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the world-renowned Miami Beach, Eden Roc Renaissance Miami Beach embraces its role as a timeless treasure, yet welcomes guests with a gracious, new contemporary spirit. Guests can luxuriate in spacious rooms & suites, bask in the sun at one of four refreshing pools or claim a chaise lounge on the beach to watch the waves roll by. Enjoy 1500 Degrees with Celebrity Chef Paula DeSilva or dine beachside Cabana Beach Club. Discover the first ever ELLE SPA at this premier Miami Beach resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Venere, Amex, Olotels, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.