We are regular Marriott customers and used our reward points for the Eden Roc for 5 nights. Our room didn't have a sea view or a balcony so we are a little cynical about room allocations for reward points - you just don't get allocated the good ones! Our room looked towards downtown and the airport and whilst it was a good size, the furnishings and decor were somewhat tired looking. The carpet looked like it needed a good vacuum clean and there was a layer of dust along the top of the skirting boards. This is sloppy housekeeping. The bathroom was a good size with a huge shower recess but there was missing tile grout which looked ugly and it was disappointing to see that such basic maintenance had not been attended to.
The hotel is popular with conferences and there was a big one in town during this particular week so in the lobby and the bar every evening there was a cacophony of noise from the delegates so no relaxing cocktail for us. We couldn't hear ourselves speak! The restaurant/bar beachside was pleasant enough and the staff there all very friendly.
The tour desk service was good and booking out two excursions was quick and easy.
Hurricane Sandy didn't help with our stay there as it was impossible to sit on the beach or by the pool - of course this was no fault of the hotel, just unfortunate timing.
The hotel is located quite a long walk from South Beach but there is a regular public bus service from outside the hotel. There are zero convenience stores within walking distance of the hotel so if you want anything, get it in South Beach and schlep it back to the hotel.
In summary, the hotel standard is better than average but it's not as stunning as you would expect from an expensive hotel in Miami. The internet website gives the impression of opulent luxury but we found it just a little more prosaic than that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront on Miami Beach, Eden Roc's captivating vibe pulses with a dynamic convergence of modern and classic, delivering the unexpected with a sophisticated and memorable experience. Beginning with the juxtaposition of the historic Legendary Tower with an ultramodern Ocean Tower, Eden Roc inventively merges the best aspects of yesterday with today, taking all to a daring new level of intensity. Located on Collins Ave. This resort flawlessly blends iconic Miami style with fabled glamour, offering 631 spacious guest rooms and suites, four exclusive pools, an iconic Lobby Bar and 70,000 sq. Ft. Of stylish indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. The Spa at Eden Roc, boasts a bevy of indulgent, luxurious treatments and signature services in a perfect harmony of style, service and serenity. Tempting all to come out and play, the revived Eden Roc ethos is ultra-now, pushing the envelope. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Eden Roc Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Renaissance