I had a conference at the Fontainebleau next door and chose the Eden Roc Hotel because 1.) Marriott Rewards property 2.) A very good rate (AAA $207) 3.) Smaller, quieter, less glitzy and more personal than the huge Fontainebleau 4.) A quick safe short walk from the Fontainebleau at night.
I had a basic standard king room #1417 in the older tower with an intercoastal view. Since I was in a conference all day and not in my room much, this room met my needs. Plus I saved $$ with the good AAA discounted rate. Throughout the resort, the staff is warm, friendly and very attentive. I especially note front desk clerk Jennifer and Dorothy at the towel, beverage station by the pool. I am a Silver Rewards member and a room upgrade was not available. Since I was traveling solo and would be in a conference all day and not using the resort amenities, the hotel clerk waived the daily resort fee and included the breakfast buffet a $28 value. I appreciated this gesture. The Eden Roc staff appreciated I chose Marriott over the Fontainebleau. I did squeeze in a walk along the beach before sunset one night. It was a nice beach.
The room was sleek and modern. The shower was large. The bathroom was smallish but comfortable and included Aveda products. One thing, the bathroom lacked --- a hook on the wall to hang a towel or a robe. I kept putting my robe on the little sink counter or the closed toilet seat. The bed was comfortable. Good lighting to read. The air conditioning vent did not blow directly at the bed-- good design-- no drafts. TV had a wide assortment of channels including HBO but no Comedy Central! Quiet and could not really hear my neighbors. I got a great value for my $207 AAA rate. A comfortable hotel room and a friendly overly helpful staff. I am glad I ignored the negative TripAdvisor reviews. Before I left there were questions about the Marriott’s future ownership of The Eden Roc. I hope it stays in the Rewards family. I would return to the Eden Roc especially if coming for a conference and there is a competitive rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the world-renowned Miami Beach, Eden Roc Miami Beach embraces its role as a timeless treasure, yet welcomes guests with a gracious, new contemporary spirit. Guests can luxuriate in spacious rooms & suites, bask in the sun at one of four refreshing pools or claim a chaise lounge on the beach to watch the waves roll by. Enjoy 1500 Degrees, dine beachside in Cabana Beach Club, seen and be seen at the Lobby Bar and grab a little pick me up at Starbucks. Discover our sanctuary for your senses with the first ever ELLE SPA at this premier Miami Beach resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Eden Roc Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Eden Roc, a Renaissance Beach Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Renaissance