“Awesome Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Beach Plaza Hotel

You added The Beach Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
The Beach Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1401 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #134 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Awesome Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Hotel is two minutes walk from beach, five minutes to starbuck's & many restaurant, clubs & shopping. Perfect when you want to leave car in hotel garage after paying $25 a day! Takes only 10minutes by taxi cost approx $20 to Downtown Miami, American Airlines Arena. Room & furnishings are dated but service at reception by Sebastian & bellhop Kevon was exceptional. Walgreen opposite the hotel is still under construction, would be nice when it's up & running. Tours can be arranged in hotel by Monty... Be sure to bargain on the cost like I did! :) Usual $45 city & boat tour went down to $40 per person. Yay!
Be sure to check price on drinks in some restaurants on Ocean Drive...my frozen magharita end up served in a salad bowl size glass with 2 opened beer bottles struck in it & costing a whopping $60 when all I asked for was a "magharita please" totally undrinkable as I do not like the taste of beer. I wish I could remember the name of the restaurant as my bill came up to $209 for appetizer & a drink. Highway robbery!!! When questioned waiters & manager were suddenly unresponsive. At 1:30am I was too tired to argue. Overall, hotel was sufficient for a 2 nights stay but area is absolutely gorgeous. Perfect.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
vpowe002, General Manager at The Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is very much appreciated. Come and see us again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel is a nice, affordable place located a short walk from the beach. The staff is friendly, and the accommodations are perfect for those that don't plan to stay in their room. The location is great....many restaurants and bars are within walking distance. I recommend this place to any budget travelers.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Your feedback is invaluable. Thank you for taking the time to write one. We are looking forward to having you here with us in the near future.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

First time at the property and he was great with information and very welcoming.
excellent experience!!!
highly recommended
He gave a lot of innformation of restaurants., activities and in a very friendly manner.
When you go to a place for the first time it is very important to get this type of c=good service.
That is what we expect as a guest.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
It is refreshing to hear from you. We are even more appreciative that you took the time to highlight our staff member. Come and visit with us again soon.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I went to South Beach Plaza on September, was so good, Sebastian did the check in, I WILL COMING BACK. CLEAN HOTEL, NEAR EVERITHING!!! The Hotel have nice garden, nice bar, just one block form Ocean Dr, the beach and three blocks from LIncolnd Rd.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Your review is very much appreciated. Thank you for highlighting our staff member. Looking forward to your next visit with us.
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Beach Plaza Hotel was amazing! A gentlemen named Sebastian was very helpful to me and made sure all of my needs were met, the next time I stay in Miami, I will definately stay here and suggest it to all of my friends and family!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review. We especially appreciate the feedback on our staff member. This encouraging on all ends. Come and see us again very soon!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is an older property which could probably do with updating, however, I found it very good value for money considering the location, which is one block from Ocean Drive. Check-in(and check-out) was very easy, friendly and professional, I had a corner room on the ground floor (1st floor US), which was super spacious, it had a separate "walk-in" wardrobe. The room had a safe, A/C (loud but very effective) old-style TV (no flatscreen), desk and chair. There was no fridge or coffee-making facilities. The bathroom was small but had a powerful shower with plenty of hot water. Both room and bathroom were very clean, although housekeeping didn't clean the room until 5 p.m., which wasn't that great. Breakfast and free WIFI are included with the daily resort fee which is payable separately.

Breakfast was a bit of a sorry affair, the buffet was arranged in the bar, which is really narrow and there tended to be a long queue. Breakfast itself was taken in the lobby, again, not the cosiest of environment, however, there were also tables outside. It's all plastic and styrofoam cups and plates and really only serves as getting something in one's stomach rather than a pleasant experience. Breakfast items were fruit, yoghurts, muffins, bagels, etc.

This is definitely a budget hotel - there was a musty smell in the lobby, hallway and carpets are really due an update, however, I would not have been able to find another hotel in the same location at that price and for the time I actually spent there, it did me perfectly well. I would stay there again if I got a good price, however, I would hesitate to pay more than I did.

Room Tip: My corner room faced onto an alley and garbage trucks did come by at 7 a.m. to empty the dumpsters...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for such a detailed response. Like most hotels a historic building and is Art Deco and with that the hotel is an older building. We work to our utmost to ensure that it is updated frequently. More than 80% of our rooms have flat-screen tvs and we are constantly changing the remaining ones. We do have suites with kitchenettes. We are also very flexible in our housekeeping service hours. Some guests require early service while others prefer service at a later time. Unfortunately, all the hotels from 1st to 14th street on Collins have alleys and this area is used for deliveries and garbage pick-up. This is just the design of the city. Once again your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to having you with us again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have been comoing to this hotel for 5+ years and every time its improving. the staf are real friendly the rooms are fresh, clean beds and confteble.
My bar tender was great. make sure to get a mojito or try the margaritas....
Front desk makew sure to ask for Sebastian and if you want the friendlyest bartender Mazena is great.

Room Tip: go for the vila's if you are a cople.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the time you have taken to write this review. We even more pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Come and see us soon!

Been to The Beach Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!