“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beach Plaza Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Beach Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
The Beach Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1401 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #137 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
Bakersfield, California
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Beach Plaza Hotel was amazing! A gentlemen named Sebastian was very helpful to me and made sure all of my needs were met, the next time I stay in Miami, I will definately stay here and suggest it to all of my friends and family!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
vpowe002, General Manager at The Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We especially appreciate the feedback on our staff member. This encouraging on all ends. Come and see us again very soon!

312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is an older property which could probably do with updating, however, I found it very good value for money considering the location, which is one block from Ocean Drive. Check-in(and check-out) was very easy, friendly and professional, I had a corner room on the ground floor (1st floor US), which was super spacious, it had a separate "walk-in" wardrobe. The room had a safe, A/C (loud but very effective) old-style TV (no flatscreen), desk and chair. There was no fridge or coffee-making facilities. The bathroom was small but had a powerful shower with plenty of hot water. Both room and bathroom were very clean, although housekeeping didn't clean the room until 5 p.m., which wasn't that great. Breakfast and free WIFI are included with the daily resort fee which is payable separately.

Breakfast was a bit of a sorry affair, the buffet was arranged in the bar, which is really narrow and there tended to be a long queue. Breakfast itself was taken in the lobby, again, not the cosiest of environment, however, there were also tables outside. It's all plastic and styrofoam cups and plates and really only serves as getting something in one's stomach rather than a pleasant experience. Breakfast items were fruit, yoghurts, muffins, bagels, etc.

This is definitely a budget hotel - there was a musty smell in the lobby, hallway and carpets are really due an update, however, I would not have been able to find another hotel in the same location at that price and for the time I actually spent there, it did me perfectly well. I would stay there again if I got a good price, however, I would hesitate to pay more than I did.

Room Tip: My corner room faced onto an alley and garbage trucks did come by at 7 a.m. to empty the dumpsters...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for such a detailed response. Like most hotels a historic building and is Art Deco and with that the hotel is an older building. We work to our utmost to ensure that it is updated frequently. More than 80% of our rooms have flat-screen tvs and we are constantly changing the remaining ones. We do have suites with kitchenettes. We are also very flexible in our housekeeping service hours. Some guests require early service while others prefer service at a later time. Unfortunately, all the hotels from 1st to 14th street on Collins have alleys and this area is used for deliveries and garbage pick-up. This is just the design of the city. Once again your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to having you with us again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have been comoing to this hotel for 5+ years and every time its improving. the staf are real friendly the rooms are fresh, clean beds and confteble.
My bar tender was great. make sure to get a mojito or try the margaritas....
Front desk makew sure to ask for Sebastian and if you want the friendlyest bartender Mazena is great.

Room Tip: go for the vila's if you are a cople.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the time you have taken to write this review. We even more pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Come and see us soon!
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I am a frequent world-wide traveller therefore you can trust what I am writing here ;-)
The South Beach Plaza Hotel has the perfect location, just between Lincoln Road (pedestrian zone with many shops and restaurants) and famous Ocean Drive. Our room was bigger than I expected with a comfy king size bed, new wooden floor, wardrobe and an ok-sized bathroom. It was always clean and tidy. Even though the location is right in the middle of everything, it was always quiet in the room, so you get enough sleep. If you need beach chairs or an umbrella just go down to the reception. They are all very helpful and friendly. What I found great is the courtyard which you don't see very often in hotels (and I've been several times to South Beach). You can sit down and chill, have a chat.. in the background music is being played (but not too loud).
Its just one block from the beach and near Starbucks. Definitely would recommend this place !!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
vpowe002, General Manager at The Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We look forwarding to seeing you again in the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here in July of 2012 with my friends for a summer vaca... and we definately enjoyed our stay here. Hotel rooms were clean and updated with good wifi. Definately will be staying here next time we are in South Beach Miami

• Stayed September 2012
vpowe002, General Manager at The Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. Kudos to our housekeeping team! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Jackson, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Where do I start.. Ok I love MIA I have ben down there many times & I have stayed @ many hotels down there.. I must say [SOUTH BEACH PLAZA] was the WORST hotel OF MY LIFE!!! The rooms are like sleeping in a box there old drity, nothing is up to date.. They only have 2 people that works the desk and they done work @ the same time one in witch I will never forget his name SEBASTIAN! very rude!!! Next breakfast was from 7am-8am Seriously!! This MIA you party till 5am maybe 6am. anyway they said buffet, with no choices only fruit!!
Next happy hour was more like sad hour people fighting the wine was terrible!! needless to say we only stayed here for 2days in our trip was for 4nites and 5days... we were so over this hotel by day 2day we left in got a better room in witch had 2 bebrooms inside the room very nice in we payed less... Next the people who they have cleaning the rooms look like they just walked in out the street who tryed to get into our room all morning by opening the door with there key why we were in there trying to sleep in get dress at one time!!!Seriously!! I guess they love to clean.. we didnt feel safe to leave our money or credits in our rooms.... I would NEVER NEVER in my LIFE stay at this hotel!!!!!!! I wouldnt care if they said it was FREE 2 stay here it was the WORST 2DAY of my trip!!!

Room Tip: Any place but South Beach Plaza!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
vpowe002, General Manager at The Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. This review is unfortunately loaded with many many inaccuracies. Breakfast starts at 8am, not 7am. We have at least one person at the desk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If both individuals left at the same time, there would be no person on the desk. This has never happened. We have never had anyone fighting for wine. Certainly no need for such a thing. The breakfast is continental with obviously many more choices than fruits. We are unsure as to what this review means by "they look like they walked off the street". The individuals who clean your rooms are all in uniforms with name tags.The policy is to knock three times before entering a room for service. If after the third knock, no one answers, the housekeeper will enter the room in an attempt to clean it. All rooms are equipped with safes.

Been to The Beach Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!