“Great value, good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Beach Plaza Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Beach Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
The Beach Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1401 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #137 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Palm Beach, FL
“Great value, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Good place for the cost. Room was clean, hotel was clean, everyone was very helpful. We had a room on the street so there was some noise, but nothing that you don't get everywhere in South Beach! Cute hotel, very short walking distance to the beach, numerous restaurants and bars. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, the suites/villas typically are shielded from the noise more. Try to get an in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
vpowe002, General Manager at The Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Your review is appreciated. Yes our rooms are very clean and we are in the best location in South Beach. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

A few friends and I decided to stay for a night in Miami before heading to our cruise. We were looking for something affordable yet still comfortable. The Beach Plaza Hotel was a great choice both for its affordable price and that it was NOT a dump! The room was clean and everything worked fine (the bathroom, alarm clock, lights, AC). It was comfortable and the noise level was low so you could sleep soundly. The front desk was also very nice and helpful, I had no problems with them. Good to point out that he hotel has a great location with only 1 block away from Ocean Drive and the beach. Try it out if you're looking for a great value stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Your kind feedback is very much appreciated. Come and visit soon!
Norwich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I came across Beach Plaza having spent our first night in Little Havana which was by far the worst experience we've had where we were taunted by locals and did not sleep from the noise! We checked into Beach Plaza the following day finding it cheap for the location and quality of service.
On our arrival and after explaining our experience of the night before, the receptionist and concierge couldn't be more sensitive or helpful. We had to wait for our room but they let us store our luggage so we could have a wander around the area to find that the beach was literally a 30second walk away, the street was just off Ocean Drive so we didnt have to go far for some food ... or drink! The rooms were spotless and cleaned everyday with fresh bedding, towels, shampoo etc! The Wifi (while only available in communual areas) was fast and convenient to keep in touch with family back home. Breakfast offered a basic but filling choice. The Moroccan tour planner was also fantastic with getting us what we wanted for a competitive price.

Overall we had a fantastic stay and would definitely recommend Beach Plaza! I don't know what the smell is that has been talked about in another review as it was very clean and I noticed no smell.

• Stayed June 2013
We appreciate your feedback. We are pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations. Come and visit with us soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

DO NO STAY HERE!!!! When I was in Miami, I have searched for several hotels. I ended up in the beach plaza hotel. In front desk, Jose helped my friend and I out. We got a room but I was very sensitive to the smell. I came back downstairs and complaint that I could of not stay there any longer because I was getting migraines from the smell. Jose than sent me to a different room in another building which was the same smell. As much as I wanted to stay, I was getting very sick. I came back to the front desk and explained Jose the situation that there is no way I can stay there. He was highly rude and disrespectful! He did not even want to hear me out. Nor did he want to give me back my money. I was in the hotel for not even 10 minutes trying to work it out and I got charged $144.63. Jose told me to go ahead and dispute the pay with my bank because he isn't returning my money back. So I have called Chase and so they disputed the $144.63. On June 13th, Beach plaza hotel fought back the money. I don't believe that it's fair for me to be paying that when I didn't stay. I got sick, highly poor customer service, and hard to get a hold of when I tried to contact management by phone and emails.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank your for your review. Clearly there are many details omitted from this review. Typically when a hotel is successful in disputing a chargeback it is usually because the hotel had proven to the bank that the chargeback was not justified and the bank agreed.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was a wonderful stay. We booked a room through Groupon and we were very pleased. The folks that had a horrible stay and left horrible reviews must have been expecting something like the Hilton. This is an older boutique hotel in the Art Deco district. Of course it looks old! The whole place is vintage. The doors, the floors, the elevator. It is beautiful! The location is wonderful and you can walk everywhere as it is only a block from the beach and Ocean avenue if you want to go to dinner or shopping. The staff are available and very efficient. We had no trouble with the valet parking and although it seemed expensive at $26 a day it was competitive and certainly convenient. Also, there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom so if there is any unpleasant odor or lots of shower steam you may want to open a window! Anyway, very clean hotel also. There is good air conditioning in the room but the hallways get pretty warm. Very nice quiet bar at night. There is some road noise at night but it is right on Collins Avenue! The continental breakfast is a basic bagel and yogurt and muffin and oatmeal etc. with coffee and juice but very good. I will recommend this place to everyone.
****The only warnings I have for anyone is that the windows open! If you have kids be very careful you watch them because our windows opened easily and we were on the 3rd floor! The water in the bathroom faucet/shower got very hot and when someone in another room used the water it would change the water temperature to either really hot or really cold! Just beware in case you have small kids or sensitive folks!****

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for a very gracious review. We look forward to having you in our hotel very soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was a horrible experience for us. I have endure a lot of misfortune over the pass year and my sister decided we should go to Miami for the weekend. She booked this hotel through cheap tickets. When we arrived the night auditor told us he did not see a reservation for us in the system after we showed him the reservation he told us the system was down, while we were there guests left their room and went out upon returning their keys did not work he had to be walking them up to their rooms, the system went down at least 3 times while we were there. Well let me tell you the Night Auditor was rude the pictures were nothing like the website we even showed it to him it's a filthy motel with solicitors, the calibre of guest needs to be desired they were boisterous and very disrespectful especially the males it was unsafe. Being in the hotel industry this was not what I expected and after trying to tell him I know my rights and pointing out what I know from my experience and about customer service he asked us to leave after we refused he had his bartender call the cops to have us remove we demanded a refund and he told us to get our refund from cheap tickets can I tell you they have the worst customer service ever they are still waiting on them to give a refund when they got the money this hotel not worth $200 plus per night. After he called the police for the second time they stayed with us after they realize what was happening Ed from cheap tickets was the only customer service rep that helped us through the end and got us relocated after we found a hotel at 3am in the morning. These people need to be put on blast first and foremost the person who is supposed to be the manager hang up the phone on me the rating says they are a 4 star they're not even a 1 star. If you need a nice place to stay this hotel is not it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for a very detailed review. We indeed recall this situation. When the hotel staff is forced to call the police to intervene in a guest matter, it is usually for extreme cases where the situation is so dire that the staff member concludes that the guest is a threat not only to that staff member but to other guests. Of course the hotel is not filthy and no business, including ours, allows solicitation.
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The Beach Plaza Hotel is a decent stay in South Beach.. One of the boutique hotels on Collins Ave.. It is inexpensive.. and aside from what it may look it like on the exterior.. Pretty plain and a bit old.. Management must have changed.. because it looked a lot nice a few years ago.. However, The rooms are EXTREMELY CLEAN... Well.. at least my room was..Thats most important to me.. because sleeping and changing my clothes was all I was using it for..The beds are lined with bed bug mattress covers.. the floors are new since the last time I was there.. The bathroom was clean.. etc... They now charge a resort fee per day per room.. like $13.. which is new from the last time I was there.. with that they provide you with a beach towel, continental breakfast 8a-930a, and wine.. don't remember the time for that.. I didn't really like the resort fee.. since I brought my own towel and I don't like continental breakfast and I don't drink wine.. But.. whatever.. the hotel is close to EVERYTHING.. walking distance.. and again.. the rooms.. were CLEAN... I'd rather that.. than going home with bug bites, bugs in my suitcase, etc... and plus.. the staff was really nice.. The hotel is in a corner.. so depending where your room is.. might be noisy.. But mine wasn't.. My girlfriends and I had no complaints..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind review. Our hotel is constantly being renovated. Our housekeeping department works tirelessly to ensure that the rooms are well cleaned. Thanks for taking the time to highlight that in your review. We look forward to having you with us yet again!

Been to The Beach Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!