“Decent Stay...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Beach Plaza Hotel

You added The Beach Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
The Beach Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1401 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #140 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
new jersey
“Decent Stay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The Beach Plaza Hotel is a decent stay in South Beach.. One of the boutique hotels on Collins Ave.. It is inexpensive.. and aside from what it may look it like on the exterior.. Pretty plain and a bit old.. Management must have changed.. because it looked a lot nice a few years ago.. However, The rooms are EXTREMELY CLEAN... Well.. at least my room was..Thats most important to me.. because sleeping and changing my clothes was all I was using it for..The beds are lined with bed bug mattress covers.. the floors are new since the last time I was there.. The bathroom was clean.. etc... They now charge a resort fee per day per room.. like $13.. which is new from the last time I was there.. with that they provide you with a beach towel, continental breakfast 8a-930a, and wine.. don't remember the time for that.. I didn't really like the resort fee.. since I brought my own towel and I don't like continental breakfast and I don't drink wine.. But.. whatever.. the hotel is close to EVERYTHING.. walking distance.. and again.. the rooms.. were CLEAN... I'd rather that.. than going home with bug bites, bugs in my suitcase, etc... and plus.. the staff was really nice.. The hotel is in a corner.. so depending where your room is.. might be noisy.. But mine wasn't.. My girlfriends and I had no complaints..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
vpowe002, General Manager at The Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. Our hotel is constantly being renovated. Our housekeeping department works tirelessly to ensure that the rooms are well cleaned. Thanks for taking the time to highlight that in your review. We look forward to having you with us yet again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Illinois City, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking for a quick stay because we were scared away from our original hotel, reviews said hotel was clean so we booked here. The hotel was very out dated! Floors had chips in it, tub looked old it is a hotel that has a lot of potential with lots of necessary renovations. The hotel was clean, which was good. We paid 250 for the night and the hotel is probably worth 130 a night. We stayed at a different hotel our second night and I am very glad we switched! The location was good it was a moderate hotel I would just look for a cheaper place to stay in South Beach and I personally wouldn't stay again. The staff was helpful, breakfast was average and we were able to check in early. Lots of noise outside at all hours as a heads up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Our rooms are indeed clean. We are constantly doing upgrades to our property. Come and visit with us soon.
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

i guess this hotel is ok if you pay less than $100. anything more, you are better off elsewhere. i paid over $300 and can say with certainty its the worst hotel for the money i have ever spent. the place is old, very thin doors and walls (you hear other doors slamming all night). hard to get a good rest because half the tourists are there for the miami nightlife, and the other for cruises...so doors opening and closing all night and morning.

pass on this one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Your review is appreciated. Our clientele changes depending on the time of year. This means that some periods are more quiet than others. Your stay was during the busiest month of the year. All the major parties take place during the month of March. It is also the month that has the highest hotel rates in South Beach. Come visit with us soon, maybe during the more quiet periods.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I booked our vacation for my 21st birthday at the beach plaza hotel. If you look online they have photos of the hotel and it looks like a very nice hotel. Let me just start by saying We were shocked when we walked in. They gave us a room on the first floor that was so small there was absolute no walking space after our suitcases were there and don't get me started about the bathroom. After returning to the front desk the woman working showed us 2 more rooms so we were moved to the 2nd floor. The woman was very polite, sweet and professional. As we entered our new room we checked the beds for bugs and we found a booger on our sheets....yes a booger. We went back downstairs right away and they called housekeeping. The housekeepers said it was an "iron stain" in Spanish because they did not know I understood Spanish. I know what an iron stain looks like and that sure wasn't what it was in fact we took a picture of it beforehand. They changed our sheets. The hotel itself looked nothing like the photos they have posted on the Internet. We went back to the woman downstairs and pulled up the pictures from the website and her exact words were "I wonder where or when these were taken." She admitted that the photos were taken when the hotel had first open which is God knows when... But they need to update there photos because they are very deceiving. Even the TV in the bar was all Statcky. We determined to speak to the manager but were told he is unavailable on the weekends which makes no sense to me because those are their busiest days. She finally decided to call the manager and his words were "if they don't like it they can leave." What a professional man! People came in to see how much the hotel was per night and we warned them not to stay there and they left... It was that bad. The doorman even advised us to not use the elevator. Housecleaning would never leave clean towels the next day and when I would call front desk they would say noone is available to take them to the room that we had To go downstairs to get them... Excuse me what are we paying for!?! We stayed for 6 nights because it was the same week as the boat show and the food and wine festival so it was very difficult to try to book another hotel. If that's how they treat guest who stay for 6 nights I can only imagine if you stay one night! Oh and the complimentary wine you get daily is absolutely disgusting! I forgot the best part! We nicknamed this place "the dump" and the next morning around 7:00am we got woken up by dumpsters. I look outside the "window" and literally see dumpsters. That was our view and alarm clock.. Dumpsters. We took pictures of that as well. Please do not waste your time or money and do not give this rude management business of any kind!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your very detailed review. We are saddened that your 6-night stay was less than enjoyable. Based on your review it appears that for every time there was an issue, one of our staff members went above and beyond to rectify the issue on the spot. Our hotel is located in South Beach and the City of Miami Beach is obligated to do daily garbage pick-up in order to maintain a clean city. Hence it is not unusual to see a garbage truck daily. Dumpsters are necessary to hold our daily garbage. We certainly would not want them to be all scattered in the city. The housekeeping department religiously services all rooms daily.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for 5 nights in the superior kind suite. The room was amazing, very clean, and large i was pleasantly surprised especially after reading the reviews. I cannot say enough about the staff, they were beyond helpful and nice. We were not able to check-in early, but they held our bags until it was time to check-in which was very convenient. The location of this hotel is beyond PERFECT, it was only a block from the beach and a few blocks from Lincoln road. Also, while you are there I recommend hitting up Zesto's across the street for a quick bite!

Room Tip: Get a room in the villas portion of the hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind review. We work tirelessly to offer great service. We also ensure that all our rooms are clean and welcoming. Our location is indeed perfect. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We only stayed one night here, but I was a little worried after reading some of the bad reviews. We were so relieved when we opened the door to our room. I thought this place was really cool!! They did not charge us any extra "resort fees" other people have written about on here. We paid $25 for them to valet park our car for the night which we thought was totally worth it. The staff was very friendly, easy check in, our room was very clean and huge!! Full sized refrigerator with a small kitchen and microwave. The bathroom was huge too. The continental breakfast was nothing special, but what more do you want people? At least you can grab a cup of coffee and a banana to get you going.
The Location was great, as I said we only had one night in South Beach so we just walked around and explored! I would stay here again and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your gracious feedback. We are glad you did take the time to experience the hotel for yourself and are even more pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. We do have a resort fee; however depending on where you booked your room it may or may not be included in your prepaid package. Majority of our guests pay this fee directly to the hotel at the time of check-in. Parking is very costly in South Beach. This is because most hotels must rely on valet services for parking. Come and visit with us again!

Been to The Beach Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!