“Great deal, Basic room, awesome location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Beach Plaza Hotel

You added The Beach Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
The Beach Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1401 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #135 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
new jersey
“Great deal, Basic room, awesome location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I Recommend this place if you want a clean, reasonable place in a great area! The service was fantastic too. Breakfast served until about 945. Tons of nice places nearby to eat, club and beach. I went to the club mansion nearby and also the clevelander, two cool spots

• Stayed October 2012
vpowe002, General Manager at The Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Please visit again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Wimbledon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Okay, so it's not the Ritz, but then it's not priced to be, reception staf were helpful and friendly, given that the first room I was allocated, still had people in it.. they pretty quickly got me another, room was clean, bed was a good size, furniture a little 90's, the air con a bit noisey, like an old chevy or something, but I had plenty of storage space and mini dressing room, the safe battery ran out, but the shower was hot as a turkish sauna, and everything was kept as clean as possible.
Continental breakfast OJ and Coffee and Muffins for on the run.
On business, so just doing 3 nights, don't need luxury and it's just me, central / clean / cheap.

Room Tip: Try and stay at the back - off Collins as it's busy, try and check out the Air Con for noise.. t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. Our hotel endeavors to make every guest happy. Come and visit with us in the near future.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed August 9 - 13 from a groupon. The service was spectacular. The room was clean. The smoke detector would go off if my shower was too hot! lol! But i would definitely stay there agin. Close to everything!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Your feedback is very much appreciated. We look forward to you staying with us in the future.
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had an awesome stay at this hotel. There were a few days that we had to wait for extra towels and wash cloths, but the staff made the wait less painful. Great stay for the price! Excellent service. Overall I rate this hotel 4 out of 5 stars. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. Carnival Weekend is indeed a fun weekend at the hotel. Come and visit with us during our Ultrafest and Winter Music Conference Parties in March! Those are even better.
burlington, nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

First I want to say the employees did the best they could considering the situation. I applaud everyone who worked there during my stay but the owners of this hotel needs a reality check. The room was small ok I can deal with that, but when you have women coming to south beach to party and hang out we need 1. mirrors in the room and 2. wash cloths, towels to bathe with. If you decide to stay here make sure you bring your own items to bathe with. Trying to get a wash cloth and towel was horrible. The bathroom mirror was so close to the ceiling I had to climb on the toilet seat just to apply my lipstick. The lighting was terrible I felt like we were in the bat cave. Good location but the room needs major updating. Dont stay here if you plan on spending a long period of time in the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
vpowe002, General Manager at The Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. It is much appreciated. All rooms have mirrors, towels and all the general amenities expected in a hotel guest room. We are always open for suggestions and do use them when making improvements to our hotel. Please come back and visit soon.
Deerfield Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The hotel is in a nice location...I got a Groupon to try this hotel ,I got a price of $129,00..but with hotel fees,taxes it is $159.00. Anyway ,we were on the 2nd floor,the above room,was no noisy,we can hear the person/persons walking because the floors are wood. There is a lot of light coming in on mornings. The plus is the courtyard,very nice and relaxing. The bar staff needs some customer service training. Overall,our stay was not that bad,considering the prices of hotels in the area. The bathroom and room were clean,so what more can one ask for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. Groupon’s terms are very clear in that taxes and fees are not included. Majority of the users understand this and are prepared to pay the appropriate differences in final costs. We work diligently to ensure that our rooms are clean. Thank you for noticing. Come and see us again soon!
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I are on an around the world trip and have stayed in many hotels throughout Asia, Europe and the US in the past few weeks. I would have to say that the Beach Plaza Hotel is the only establishment in which we have stayed, that has not met our expectations. I will be factual in my review but I will say that they will never get my business (or that of my travel agent) again. We stayed for 2 nights beginning 30 Sept 2012.

The hotel is in a great location in the middle of Miami's Art Deco district and for its age, it is actually in great condition. There was a resort fee charged of approx $11 a day accommodating breakfast, provision of in room amenities such as safe/wifi (we did not eat breakfast in the hotel either morning so cannot comment on that). Our fee was slightly less because we booked and paid quite far in advamce.

Upon check in, the service was quite good. They also have quite a good valet service. There were a few minor problems in our room, namely that the in-room safe did not work. We also could not connect to their wifi on any of our devices (a smaller issue in comparison). We brought this (the safe issue) to the hotel's attention the morning after our first night. A maintenance man was sent to repair the safe as it would not operate at all. He said he had to replace the front door on the safe and that he would do it by the time we got back. He advised us to put the "Privacy Required" sign on the door so that nobody entered our room when we asked how our Valubles (passports etc) should be kept safe. When we arrived back that evening, the safe was still not fixed. As we were checking out the next morning, we did not pursue this further.

Upon checkout on Tues 2nd Oct at about 5:30am is really when we encountered the worst service. I was presented with a bill for the valet, as well as for 2 days worth of resort fees. I questioned the resort fees and asked about the fact that the safe did not work and had not been fixed. I advised that I didn't believe I got value for money due to this and the wifi issue as well as the fact that our room wasn't cleaned. Rather than try to alleviate my concerns or apologize or offer any type of explanation, I was simply railroaded by the gentleman. The only response he could give me was tht I should have brought this to the hotels' attention the day I arrived. The day we arrived, we were exhausted and as such we went straight to sleep. He didn't buy it and essentially said I would have to pay the fee and then take my concerns up with management. It was due to his disreectful and confrontational attitude that I decided I was only going to pay 1x resort fee as this is the value I thought I had received. I was again told I had to pay the amount in full. In order to gain leverage, I paid cash, less one of the resort fees. I advised I would be happy to pay it after I was contacted to have my concerns heard. I asked NOT to have it charged to my credit card until I was contacted by management. This guy could have resolved the situation by hearing me out instead of giving me synicism, and I would have paid the fee. In fairness, it's not about the money, it's about the principle. He could have asked management to contact me.

In the wash up, I have not been contacted by management and the fee was charged to my credit card against my wishes and contrary to my authority. I believe that my request was never passed on to management and that this individual decided to just charge my credit card to make his own life easier.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed feedback on your stay. We appreciate that you have not only highlighted the mishaps, but also took the time to highlight the positives. The maintenance staff works tirelessly to address any issues in the hotel and in most cases so do successfully. In this case they may not have be able to seeing our safes are serviced by an external company who are normally called in when maintenance is unable to resolve an issue with a room. The positive side to this is we do have additional safes that are generally used a back-ups. Nevertheless, our front desk staff is empowered to make adjustments when necessary. This would have made your total stay pleasant. We will keep this in mind for our future trainings.

Been to The Beach Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!