“Enjoyed our stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Labrador, Canada
“Enjoyed our stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I, and our friends spent a few nights here while travelling around Florida. We had a great stay! We loved the location, the "style" of the hotel and the price. The rooms were small, as others have mentioned, but that seems to be the norm on South Beach. The bathroom doors were a little strange but not as bad as we had expected from other reviews (the glass is clouded and as long as the room isn't back lit you can hardly see in). Breakfast was great and the staff was very friendly. It is a wonderful option if you only have a short visit and want to be near the excitement of Ocean drive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Great location; great staff. The breakfast was included (delicious deal) and free Wi-Fi. The beach chairs were an added convenience too. The rooms are small, but what do you expect to have on Ocean Drive?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I booked The Beacon for a 2-day getaway for my husband and I for his birthday. I chose this hotel because I wanted a boutique hotel on South Beach. They had good reviews and also offered free breakfast. When I made the reservation through the hotel's website, I mentioned that it was my husband's birthday. We received a comp upgrade and were greeted with balloons, chilled champagne, birthday cake, and a birthday card from the staff. The hotel was in a great location, and the beach chairs and beach towels were great and super handy for the beach right across the street. I thought I might miss having a pool, but we didn't at all. We had a great time at the hotel. Service and staff were wonderful. Free breakfast was good. We did not eat any other meals at the hotel restaurant, but the food looked good. We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again without question. Only constructive criticism is that the lighting is poor in bathroom and room for make-up application. Also, A/C unit in our room is wall-mounted near the ceiling and blew directly on the bed. There was a vent that could be adjusted, but it kept falling down...wouldn't stay pointing upwards. Fortunately, we like lots of cold air when we're sleeping, so it wasn't a big deal for us. Overall, great hotel at a great rate!

Room Tip: We definitely enjoyed having a beach-view room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a quality hotel on Ocean Drive and got very lucky here. The complimentary breakfast was superb the beach chairs and towels were a plus. Prime location..... Couldn't ask for a better deal. The staff was top notch! Juan Carlos, Javier to name a few who made our stay unforgettable!

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have just returned home from a five night stay at the Beacon Hotel. We had a great time and I would most certainly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay on South Beach.

Firstly, it's great value. Lovely clean and modern rooms with great service in a great location. Its in the heart of the Art Deco district, right across the road from the beach. The hotel provides beach towels, beach chairs (they come with a cool pouch and straps to make it easy to carry!) and umbrellas (for the beach and the rain because, let's face it, it's Miami and it's going to rain at some point!) It's within walking distance of everywhere on South Beach.

The service was second to none. Staff could not have been more friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is included in the room rate and includes a great selection for all tastes and desires.

The only thing on the negative side would be the size of the bathroom. It's snug but it's clean and modern. I would say all the positives far outweigh this slight negative and I would say this is THE place to stay on South Beach. What are you waiting for, get booking!!

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This was the best hotel in Miami brach to stay at on the south beach strip with a great location and reasonably priced. The customer service and food in there restaurant was great! I came here with friends and it was sooo much fun because of our stay at this hotel. It was also very clean, updated and styles. I completely love this place!

Stayed July 2014
READING
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed here one night for Miami Heat Playoff Game 3. Was an excellent hotel with charm! Front desk staff was nothing but nice and helpful and always greeted us with a smile. The restaurant attached to the hotel is fantastic, probably one of the best meals we have ever eaten, but be prepared for high South Beach prices! The hotel is also right across the street from Miami Beach and chairs and towels are provided by hotel! How Convenient! Only downfall was the tiny elevator in the building, and when I say tiny I mean tiny! Husband and I could barely fit in it with 3 bags of luggage. But good news is it only a few floors high, so you will not be on it long! Also please don't miss the coffee and drink bar on the second floor! Wonderful! Oh and how can I forget.....FREE BREAKFAST and it was wonderful! Overall great place to stay!!!!

Room Tip: Try to request one away from the trash dumpsters. It was noisy at 7:00am. Didn't bother me as I...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Beacon Hotel? Share your experiences!