I just returned from a 3 night stay at The Beacon Hotel. Purpose of the trip was a long girls' weekend - fun and relaxation. The location was awesome - right in the middle of SoBe activity and directly across the street from the beach. Walk out the front doors, and you are the thick of it all.
- beach chairs are provided, they have straps to carry like a backpack. I would advise you to check the function of your chair prior to leaving the hotel. 2 of our 5 needed to be replaced, which they did promptly and politely.
- location: as stated above, perfect.
- service: everyone was so polite and friendly. They always greeted with a smile and offered to help whenever they could. We arrived early (10am) and check in isn't until 3. We were given vouchers for breakfast and they took my cell number to alert us when one of our rooms was ready. We had a room by noon.
- complimentary breakfast: served in the restaurant in front of the hotel, menu was small but the food was good (2 eggs/bacon/toast/potatoes, french toast, pancakes, omelette, waffles). OJ and coffee included. (TIP: they have flavored creamer on the second floor with coffee - grab some on your way down to breakfast)
- if you are looking for peace, don't stay on Ocean drive. This is not a con for the hotel as much as it is for the location. Ocean drive on a Saturday is noisy to say the least. Our rooms were towards the back, so this didn't bother us.
- rooms are small, but bathrooms are SMALL. Really no room to put anything down. Shower was average size, but sink and toilet were crammed into a tiny spot.
- no swimming pool. I would really have liked to have had a pool to cool off in. But again, not necessarily a hotel issue - I knew they didn't have one when I booked the reservation.
Overall, I would recommend The Beacon Hotel and would stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beacon Hotel is a gem among boutique South Beach hotels in Miami. Besides its premium location right in the center of Ocean Drive, and beautifully remodeled rooms and lobby, the Beacon gives you South Beach how it is meant to be experienced. Here, you have direct access to seven miles of sand and surf, unrivaled nightlife, premier shopping and dining. Enjoy infinite views of the Atlantic Ocean on one side and historical sherbet-colored Art Deco architecture on the other. Be it honeymoon, anniversary or a romantic beach getaway, this historical oceanfront boutique hotel is a haven for a perfect romantic vacation. Beacon Hotel offers complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and complimentary beach towels and beach chairs in the room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Beacon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beacon Hotel Miami Beach
- Beacon Miami Beach