“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Shinglehouse
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a very nice hotel and the staff is very helpful. It is right across the road from the beach. Shopping and dining are close at hand. Couldn't ask for better. I will definitely stay here in the future ,maybe even next February.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for three nights while on honeymoon. The hotel has a great location on South Beach. The staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel offers free wifi and a complementary breakfast which is brilliant. The rooms were small but exactly what you need when exploring Miami for a short trip. I will definitely stay at the hotel if we return to Miami and have already recommended it to family and friends.

• Stayed February 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Located in a very characteristic area of South Beach, retains art deco features but would benefit from some refurbishing. Room size is dictated by historic building's features - which means rather small by most standards. Good familiar-type service and cleanliness standards. Be prepared to be asked if you would like to stop for lunch by the restaurant staff outside (as by any other restaurant"s in the area) every single time you walk in the hotel.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
First let me seize the opportunity to thank you for choosing the Beacon Hotel as your holiday destination and for reviewing us. Please know that it is indeed our privilege to have served you.

We are very happy to learn that your enjoyed our service standards. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us and I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I apologize that our hotel did not seem to be the right fit for you.

Please be assured that the issue you raised was addressed and an appropriate action will be taken promptly.

For any aspects or additional comments you may also contact me directly at (305)674-8200 ext. 664.

I do sincerely hope that you would consider staying at the Beacon Hotel once again. Please do contact me if I can assist you with any future reservations. I am confident that we can restore your faith in the hotel.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The breakfast special was really nice. Good waffles and love the egg white omelet.

The service was excellent. The hostess was very inviting and the servers did a great job and were very friendly.

I would always go back there for dining. Hotel is too high, but restaurant is perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CUMBRIA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Beacon is definitely in the heart of the action os South Beach. Free breakfast is brilliant. The rooms are really quiet considering where it is. Really loved the Art Deco style of the hotel and the fact some of Scarface was filmed there!! The room was clean but I thought it was quite shabby. The bedside tables were chipped and marked and the bedside lamps were getting rusty. I would probably try somewhere else if we returned as it was our 1st time here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Beacon Hotel and for providing feedback on your stay. We do regret that your stay was rather unpleasant but want you to know that it is indeed our privilege to have served you.

We would like you to know that we appreciate you sharing your positive comments on our hotel, our location, and our daily continental breakfast. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the disappointment experienced during your stay here at the Beacon hotel. I am addressing this concern of yours at this precise moment and intend on taking immediate action to resolve this issue. Please contact me at elvis@beaconsouthbeach.com as I would like to make this up to you and discuss further details.

Even though you were not happy with your stay, I and the entire Beacon team conclude with hope that you would grant us another opportunity to show you the true Beacon culture should you make another trip in South Beach Miami.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Second stay at the Beacon Hotel And loved it . If your looking to be right in the heart of south beach the Beacon is where it's at ! Rooms are clean, staff is amazing ,food is excellent ... Beach is across the street and the action never stops ! What more can you want ! Definitely will stay again . P.s. I brought my 5 week year old son and staff was so amazing to accommodate me with hot water to warm bottles Or ice to chill his formula and anything else I needed in between. very child friendly here

• Stayed February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've read extensive reviews of hotels on South Beach looking for the place that would have quiet rooms (aka can't hear street noise and revelers). I didn't know if that would be true of the Beacon, but my normal business hotel locations were booked due to an art fair, Beacon had reasonable rate, and I thought "why not stay by the beach?" Location cannot be beat. Walk to the beach across the street; tote a lawn chair with you which you'll find in your room closet. Restaurants, shopping, live music all within blocks. Because the Beacon is an older hotel, the walls are likely brick. I was elated with the fact that I didn't hear other rooms' running water, televisions or conversations, nor could I even hear hallway noise or slamming doors. The room was basic in furnishing: no desk chair or love seat, but this was a business stay, so I didn't mind. Flat screen TV, dresser, mini bar, safe, Wi-Fi. Very comfortable bed; pristine cleanliness. Bathroom a little tight maybe if you're a big person, but I found it fine. Love the lobby décor and intimate feel. One of the best hotel stays I've had. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: King size bed room is comfortable
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Beacon Hotel as your preferred Hotel and for submitting such a great review.

Based on your amazing comments we know that your overall stay at the Beacon Hotel was a memorable one. I will make sure to share your compliments with the entire Beacon team. Thank you so very much for loving our Beacon culture.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of counting you among our guests in the not too distant future.

Elvis Taylor

Been to Beacon Hotel? Share your experiences!