“Great Location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Diego, California
“Great Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Beacon for my husband's birthday a couple of weeks ago. We picked this hotel because we wanted to stay in the middle of all of the restaurants and bars (The Cleavlander) in South Beach. The hotel was very cooly decorated (all white and orange in the lobby) and the service was top notch! I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Beacon Hotel and for sharing your stay experience with us. Thank you also for sharing such a great event with us. We would like to wish your husband once again a Happy Birthday!

We are happy to hear that you and your husband are thoroughly satisfied with the hotel location, rooms, amenities, and overall level of service. Your positive comments will definitely be shared among the entire Beacon team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Beacon Hotel.

Elvis Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at the hotel after getting off a cruise and enjoying a few days in Miami. Beacon hotel was in a great location, right across from the beach, great restaurants just steps away.

The staff was very helpful. I arrived early in the morning and they did their best to help me out and answer my questions. Juliana at the front desk was especially helpful and I really appreciated that she took every effort to help me out despite being very busy. Excellent customer service!

The room was fine, clearly remodeled at some point. It wasn't 100% clean when I arrived but this was a small issue in comparison to my general experience.

Hotel wireless internet was good enough to even skype home (a first in my life at a hotel). Amazing!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for recently staying at the Beacon Hotel and for submitting such a great review!

It is great to hear that you were delighted with the service provided by our staff and that overall, you had an enjoyable holiday. I will make sure to share your wonderful comments with Juliana and the entire Beacon team.

We long for your return and can’t wait to create new memories here at the Beacon Hotel.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is a lovely iconic art deco building in a fabulous location right on the ocean front, in the heart of the lively South Beach district. The reception area is beautifully furnished and in keeping with the art deco era with a contemporary twist which is echoed in the guest rooms. We stayed for 3 nights in an ocean view room, and the outlook was fabulous. However, if you do choose a room on the front be prepared for the noise which accompanies such a vibrant location! Being an old hotel the rooms are small but very well equipped down to the free wi-fi and beach chairs, a lovely touch! My only gripe was the glass door on the bathroom which, despite being frosted, did not offer very much privacy for the person using the toilet!! There are no coffee making facilities in the room but hot refreshments are available on the second floor from 7am to 11 am which compensates for this. Another added bonus of this place is that you get free breakfast, served outside, which was a lovely way to start the day. Good choice of breakfast food which was always delicious. Would definitely return if in Miami and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to others. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Beacon Hotel and for taking the time to kindly review us.

I will make sure to share your positive comments with the entire Beacon team. We are very grateful that you would be willing to recommend the Beacon Hotel to others.

We can’t wait to have you stay at the Beacon Hotel again very soon.

Pittsboro, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had a great time. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and in excellent condition for its age. It is a classic Art Deco inside and out. Also, "The Place Restaurant" was really good, and the complementry breakfast was 2nd to none! This hotel is one I would recommend to my friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for recently staying at the Beacon Hotel and for submitting such a great review.

Your positive reviews of our hotel and location will inspire us further towards excellence for it is the Beacon Hotel’s goal to ensure that you have a splendid stay.

Thank you for your positive recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Beacon Hotel.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel couldnt be at a better location, is just in front of the beach! The hotel has been recently renovated and is very nice inside. The bedrooms are not big, but decent. It is not meant for tourist who want to stay at their hotel rooms, you pay the location. They give you beach chairs and towels !!!!! The area is very noisy at night, as you can expect, but i really didnt hear any noise or have any problem sleeping

Room Tip: There are beach chairs and towels in your room! Look for them!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with us. We are pleased to know that your stay was pleasant and memorable.

I will certainly share your enthusiastic feedback concerning our wonderful location. It is the Beacon Hotel’s commitment to delight you every time and ensure that you have a very pleasant experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you at the Beacon Hotel on your next visit to South Beach.

Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Beacon with 2 friends in February 2013. I rented two rooms for three nights. We had a great time! In short, I would definitely stay there again.

For a little background: I have been to South Beach 7 times now. I've stayed at different hotels on Ocean Drive 6 of my 7 trips.

Not only would I stay here again, I *will* stay here again.

The Good:
First, the rooms were quiet. I was shocked at how quiet the rooms were given my general experience at South Beach hotels. The bed was very comfortable. My sleep quality was nothing short of fantastic.

Second, the staff was helpful and friendly. I made a few special requests for my room and the staff exceeded my expectations.

Third, the location. It is almost centrally located to Ocean Drive and it's within a very short walk to just about everything to do on Ocean Drive. All of the hot spots are nearby.

Fourth: it was nice and clean!

Did I mention it was quiet???

What I didn't like:
Overall, I loved the hotel, but everyone and everything can be improved. Here are the hotel's minor drawbacks:
*The wireless internet was fairly slow the times that I used it from an iPad and my smartphone.
*The water pressure in our shower could have been a lot stronger.
*I am a really athletic guy and I tend to be a little warm all the time, but the room's AC unit didn't cool nearly as much as I would have liked. Note: the room was still comfortable, just not as cool as I would have wanted.

Room Tip: Ask for the quietest room possible. Our room was as far away from the lobby as possible.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you choosing the Beacon Hotel as your preferred holiday destination and for sharing your recent stay experience.

We are pleased to acknowledge that the staff members and service rendered at the Beacon Hotel provided you with a delightful and memorable experience during your stay with us. I will make sure to share your kind words with the entire Beacon team.

We look forward to serving you once again during your next visit at the Beacon Hotel.

Kindest Regards,

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Last minute decision to head to South Beach for the weekend. Found a great deal on a discount hotel website. Checked TA and was a little apprehensive but liked the rate and location. Glad I did because it was great. The hotel had been renovated. The lobby was beautiful. Yes the rooms were small but clean. Didn't really matter as we weren't planning to spend much time there. Location was perfect. Loved it. Only downside was the quality of the food at the restuarant in front. Ate there upon arrival as there wasa rain shower and we were waiting it out. Why eat there when there are so many quality choices in the surrounding area!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for recently staying at the Beacon Hotel and for sharing your recent stay experience with us.

We are also pleased to know that you had a very pleasant stay here at the Beacon Hotel. I will share your positive comments with the entire Beacon team.

We look forward to your welcoming you back soon at the Beacon Hotel.

Elvis Taylor

Been to Beacon Hotel? Share your experiences!