“Amazing Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Amazing Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel couldnt be at a better location, is just in front of the beach! The hotel has been recently renovated and is very nice inside. The bedrooms are not big, but decent. It is not meant for tourist who want to stay at their hotel rooms, you pay the location. They give you beach chairs and towels !!!!! The area is very noisy at night, as you can expect, but i really didnt hear any noise or have any problem sleeping

Room Tip: There are beach chairs and towels in your room! Look for them!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with us. We are pleased to know that your stay was pleasant and memorable.

I will certainly share your enthusiastic feedback concerning our wonderful location. It is the Beacon Hotel’s commitment to delight you every time and ensure that you have a very pleasant experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you at the Beacon Hotel on your next visit to South Beach.

1,379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Beacon with 2 friends in February 2013. I rented two rooms for three nights. We had a great time! In short, I would definitely stay there again.

For a little background: I have been to South Beach 7 times now. I've stayed at different hotels on Ocean Drive 6 of my 7 trips.

Not only would I stay here again, I *will* stay here again.

The Good:
First, the rooms were quiet. I was shocked at how quiet the rooms were given my general experience at South Beach hotels. The bed was very comfortable. My sleep quality was nothing short of fantastic.

Second, the staff was helpful and friendly. I made a few special requests for my room and the staff exceeded my expectations.

Third, the location. It is almost centrally located to Ocean Drive and it's within a very short walk to just about everything to do on Ocean Drive. All of the hot spots are nearby.

Fourth: it was nice and clean!

Did I mention it was quiet???

What I didn't like:
Overall, I loved the hotel, but everyone and everything can be improved. Here are the hotel's minor drawbacks:
*The wireless internet was fairly slow the times that I used it from an iPad and my smartphone.
*The water pressure in our shower could have been a lot stronger.
*I am a really athletic guy and I tend to be a little warm all the time, but the room's AC unit didn't cool nearly as much as I would have liked. Note: the room was still comfortable, just not as cool as I would have wanted.

Room Tip: Ask for the quietest room possible. Our room was as far away from the lobby as possible.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you choosing the Beacon Hotel as your preferred holiday destination and for sharing your recent stay experience.

We are pleased to acknowledge that the staff members and service rendered at the Beacon Hotel provided you with a delightful and memorable experience during your stay with us. I will make sure to share your kind words with the entire Beacon team.

We look forward to serving you once again during your next visit at the Beacon Hotel.

Kindest Regards,

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Last minute decision to head to South Beach for the weekend. Found a great deal on a discount hotel website. Checked TA and was a little apprehensive but liked the rate and location. Glad I did because it was great. The hotel had been renovated. The lobby was beautiful. Yes the rooms were small but clean. Didn't really matter as we weren't planning to spend much time there. Location was perfect. Loved it. Only downside was the quality of the food at the restuarant in front. Ate there upon arrival as there wasa rain shower and we were waiting it out. Why eat there when there are so many quality choices in the surrounding area!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for recently staying at the Beacon Hotel and for sharing your recent stay experience with us.

We are also pleased to know that you had a very pleasant stay here at the Beacon Hotel. I will share your positive comments with the entire Beacon team.

We look forward to your welcoming you back soon at the Beacon Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I won this trip on The Wheel of Fortune and I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay! Right in the mix of everything South Beach, I found myself not wanting to leave and explore anything else(although Jungle Island was worth checking out).

The staff (Juliana, Marisa, Julio, Juan Carlos, Victor, Reynoldo and Grace) could not have been any better. They were extremely friendly and very helpful.

Thanks Beacon for everything!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing such a great review.

We are pleased to know that your stay was a memorable one. Your positive feedback on our staff will definitely inspire us to provide our guests with the best. I will personally share your feedback with my team.

We look forward to your returning to the Beacon Hotel.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here after a business trip Downtown, this was the perfect end to my business trip/vacation. This is the closest you can get to the beach. The breakfast comp is the best I've ever had, because its REAL FOOD at a restaurant! Not just bagels and coffee! The staff is awesome and friendly. The drinks are HUGE and Happy hour deals are the best! If you cant finish your drinks, take it to go! (who else does that??) While having lunch at a nearby place, I was approached by a club promoter who basically invited me to get into the best club for that night, no lines or waiting for VIP, and free VIP table service all night. I had a BLAST! I wish I stayed longer.

Room Tip: rooms on higher floors have less hallway traffic, but the 2nd floor lounge is super cute.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us at the Beacon Hotel and for sharing such a candid review.

We are pleased to know that your stay was filled with pleasant memories. I will certainly share your good comments with the entire Beacon team.

groomsprt.co.down
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Beacon Hotel is the place to be on SoBe !!!
Absolutely loved our stay at the Beacon, we wanted somewhere that had a bit of the atmosphere of South Beach and we found it at the Beacon.

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights prior to going on a cruise. Staff are always smiling and are continuously striving to help you in every way possible,. One of the women went out of her way to organize a super shuttle to FL cruise port and getting the best price (much appreciated.) The bellman on the door never missed once to open the door for us and always greeted us coming in and out. I can't say much which hasn't already been said before!!

The hotel provides you with a breakfast voucher which you can enjoy out on the front terrace where everyone eats, atmosphere is electric!! Breakfast only available from 9.00am (would have preferred having the option for an earlier one at around 8.00) but apart from that if you are thinking of going to South Beach , go ahead and book the Beacon.

We were given a complimentary upgrade to a room on the 5th floor looking over the ocean, fabulous views.

Room Tip: Room on the 5th floor had fabulous views, but can be noisy!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for choosing the Beacon Hotel as your preferred holiday destination and for sharing such a wonderful review. Your satisfaction is the reason why we will always work hard and provide you with the very best.

Your positive comments are much appreciated and will be shared with the entire Beacon team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and your husband back at the Beacon Hotel.

Northern Virgiinia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Location in the heart of the tourist trap area. If you like folks poking menus in your face and blocking your entrance to the hotel door and lots of noise all the time, you will love this place. We had a room, "you know the only one that is always the only one available when you check in", on the 3rd floor with the window facing other doors across an open space and a ice maker where the staff would sometimes stand around and yak so it was noisy. (gee... that was a long sentence!) The door to the room had a space (crack) so you could hear folks in the hallways and the slamming of doors. Staff spoke but very sullen, stone faced and no smiles...same for the breakfast waitperson. The room very small but clean and the bathroom a little bigger than on an aircraft only no ventilation and a strange frosted door so you would not get claustrophobia I guess. One night a "cucaracha" crawled out from behind the wall mounted flat screen tv which kinda grossed me out. The carpet in the hallways always had a strong smell of some sort of cleaner/freshener that could be overwhelming at times, I suppose it was better than some other smells that could be even more less pleasant. There is a parking lot (building) a few blocks that they do not tell you about that would be no hassle and you could park your own car and not have to deal with someone with their hand out all the time, when you want to use your car. The park across from the hotel has a lot of street people that hang around and can be kinda scary, so get used to it. Realize these are old buildings and you want to experience all the hype of being in the "trap" so enjoy, that is what you are there for, you know "it is what it is" :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent holiday and for sharing your review. Please know that it is indeed a real pleasure to have served you.

I do sincerely regret that you encountered such difficulties during your stay. This week was a very busy week in South Beach as we celebrated this year’s college championship. I am also sorry to learn that your unpleasant experiences with us failed to reflect the true Beacon Hotel’s service and standards that are instilled in each staff member.

Even though you seem rather unhappy about your overall stay at the Beacon, as of this moment I am addressing the areas where we had fallen short of expectations and hope that you would reconsider our hotel as a holiday destination in the nearest future. As I would like to make this up to you, I am inviting you to contact me directly at (305)674-8200 ext.664 to further discuss details.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Beacon Hotel? Share your experiences!