“PERFECT LOCATION For Beach and dining” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Flexible Advance Purchase
Ranked #32 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“PERFECT LOCATION For Beach and dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here after a business trip Downtown, this was the perfect end to my business trip/vacation. This is the closest you can get to the beach. The breakfast comp is the best I've ever had, because its REAL FOOD at a restaurant! Not just bagels and coffee! The staff is awesome and friendly. The drinks are HUGE and Happy hour deals are the best! If you cant finish your drinks, take it to go! (who else does that??) While having lunch at a nearby place, I was approached by a club promoter who basically invited me to get into the best club for that night, no lines or waiting for VIP, and free VIP table service all night. I had a BLAST! I wish I stayed longer.

Room Tip: rooms on higher floors have less hallway traffic, but the 2nd floor lounge is super cute.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Beacon Hotel and for sharing such a candid review.

We are pleased to know that your stay was filled with pleasant memories. I will certainly share your good comments with the entire Beacon team.

We look forward to welcoming you at the Beacon Hotel on your next visit to South Beach.

Elvis Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
groomsprt.co.down
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Beacon Hotel is the place to be on SoBe !!!
Absolutely loved our stay at the Beacon, we wanted somewhere that had a bit of the atmosphere of South Beach and we found it at the Beacon.

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights prior to going on a cruise. Staff are always smiling and are continuously striving to help you in every way possible,. One of the women went out of her way to organize a super shuttle to FL cruise port and getting the best price (much appreciated.) The bellman on the door never missed once to open the door for us and always greeted us coming in and out. I can't say much which hasn't already been said before!!

The hotel provides you with a breakfast voucher which you can enjoy out on the front terrace where everyone eats, atmosphere is electric!! Breakfast only available from 9.00am (would have preferred having the option for an earlier one at around 8.00) but apart from that if you are thinking of going to South Beach , go ahead and book the Beacon.

We were given a complimentary upgrade to a room on the 5th floor looking over the ocean, fabulous views.

Room Tip: Room on the 5th floor had fabulous views, but can be noisy!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for choosing the Beacon Hotel as your preferred holiday destination and for sharing such a wonderful review. Your satisfaction is the reason why we will always work hard and provide you with the very best.

Your positive comments are much appreciated and will be shared with the entire Beacon team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and your husband back at the Beacon Hotel.

Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Location in the heart of the tourist trap area. If you like folks poking menus in your face and blocking your entrance to the hotel door and lots of noise all the time, you will love this place. We had a room, "you know the only one that is always the only one available when you check in", on the 3rd floor with the window facing other doors across an open space and a ice maker where the staff would sometimes stand around and yak so it was noisy. (gee... that was a long sentence!) The door to the room had a space (crack) so you could hear folks in the hallways and the slamming of doors. Staff spoke but very sullen, stone faced and no smiles...same for the breakfast waitperson. The room very small but clean and the bathroom a little bigger than on an aircraft only no ventilation and a strange frosted door so you would not get claustrophobia I guess. One night a "cucaracha" crawled out from behind the wall mounted flat screen tv which kinda grossed me out. The carpet in the hallways always had a strong smell of some sort of cleaner/freshener that could be overwhelming at times, I suppose it was better than some other smells that could be even more less pleasant. There is a parking lot (building) a few blocks that they do not tell you about that would be no hassle and you could park your own car and not have to deal with someone with their hand out all the time, when you want to use your car. The park across from the hotel has a lot of street people that hang around and can be kinda scary, so get used to it. Realize these are old buildings and you want to experience all the hype of being in the "trap" so enjoy, that is what you are there for, you know "it is what it is" :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent holiday and for sharing your review. Please know that it is indeed a real pleasure to have served you.

I do sincerely regret that you encountered such difficulties during your stay. This week was a very busy week in South Beach as we celebrated this year’s college championship. I am also sorry to learn that your unpleasant experiences with us failed to reflect the true Beacon Hotel’s service and standards that are instilled in each staff member.

Even though you seem rather unhappy about your overall stay at the Beacon, as of this moment I am addressing the areas where we had fallen short of expectations and hope that you would reconsider our hotel as a holiday destination in the nearest future. As I would like to make this up to you, I am inviting you to contact me directly at (305)674-8200 ext.664 to further discuss details.

Brokind
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is one of the Art Deco landmarks in South Beach. The hotel could need a touch up but everything is clean. Very nice and helpful staff. Located right on Ocean Drive as close as you can be to the beach. Fortunately, they have valet parking for $20 per day. A very good breakfast was included in the price.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you here at the Beacon Hotel and for submitting such a candid review.

It is great to know that you were well looked after by our staff. We are also happy to learn that you enjoyed our location, hotel, complimentary breakfast, and the valet parking service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back here at the Beacon Hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Loved our stay at the Beacon. We wanted somewhere that was amongst the atmosphere of South Beach and that is what we got. Very busy area and could be noisy but I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to experience Miami. Hotel was very good in every way and we would stay there again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for recently staying at the Beacon Hotel and for sharing such a kind review.

We are happy to know that you very much appreciated your overall stay at the Beacon Hotel. I will definitely convey your compliments to the entire Beacon team. It warms our heart to know that we will have the chance to host you again.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Beacon Hotel.

Palisade, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Beacon Hotel is behind a busy sidewalk restaurant which you need to pass through to get access into the hotel. Ocean Drive is a fun, loud, super busy street with hotel after hotel; all with distinctive sidewalk restaurants that have 'drink and food barkers' trying to pull in every passerby. There are some stores and clubs so it is the tourist scene of the South Beach area. The lovely Miami South Beach is across the busy boulevard and the Beacon does offer a beach towel and beach chair to use for free. I was booked for three days after a cruise. They couldn't get me in early so I had to blow a few hours waiting. The service employees from the front desk were professional and friendly. I was upgraded to their biggest suite on the 3rd floor, with an ocean view, in their south-side wing; which had a lower floor living room, mini bar and closet and a few steps up to the large bedroom, passed another closet, with a large comfortable bed with a glass door to the small, cute, dimly lit bathroom. My ocean view was mostly blocked by the palm trees but I could still see some ocean. Unfortunately the booming music from the restaurant and street was blowing me out of the bedroom. The very loud air-conditioner vent didn't even block out the noise so I couldn't really hear the t.v., which seemed to have few stations available. There is also a lot of door slamming from the hallway. I became very disturbed by the overall noise and got very irritable trying to get in a nap; I went to the front desk to ask how long that level of noise kept going, until 11:00pm. When I couldn't get in the needed nap I went walking up and down Ocean Drive and at night; it is amazing! All the different sidewalk cafes, each with their own booming music, all the lights and heaters glowing was really fun and exciting. But not to stay close by. I begged them to let me leave the next day and they refunded me my pre-paid money. So I have no complaints. I went to Collins Ave, one block over, where it is quiet! The Beacon does give a limited breakfast voucher the restaurant in front begrudgingly fills. The O.J. is good! The bar inside is just a service bar and still charges a lot for a drink. Not easy to find a quiet place for a sophisticated drink, most drinks served are gargantuan - big enough for a few goldfish! Overall; cute surroundings, art deco influences, busy fun tourist area, great beach and professional friendly crew makes this place best for all-night partygoers!

Room Tip: Really loud facing the front, where the rooms with a view of the ocean are situated. Maybe higher up...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so very much for your recent visit at the Beacon Hotel and for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We do appreciate such beneficial comments from you on our hotel, location, and services. Also, I would like to express my most sincere apologies for the frustration and disappointment you experienced due to the overall noise that kept you from enjoying some quiet time. Please know that your comments are very important to us and will help us advance further.

It is our hope to welcome you again on your next visit to South Beach as I would be more than happy to have you stay in our beautiful and quietest room.

Kindest Regards,

Perdido Key, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at the Beacon hotel in Jan.20-24th . This is really an awesome place. The staff were extremely nice and very helpful. The Beacon is right across the street from the beach and the hotel provides chairs for you to take over. We were there the last night of the Art Deco festival and there were vendors all up and down Ocean Drive which they had closed to traffic.
It is within walking distance of everything. No need for a car. A couple of blocks over there is a local bus that takes you around the island for .25 cents. We ate at Joes Stone Crab which was awesome as well as Smith and Wolensky and it was wonderful as well. Well worth the money for all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to count you among our guests and for submitting such a kind review.

Based on your comments we can ascertain that your overall stay at the Beacon Hotel was a memorable one. I will make sure to share your compliments with the entire Beacon team.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of counting you among our guests in the nearest future.