“Immersed in Art Deco” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Brokind
“Immersed in Art Deco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is one of the Art Deco landmarks in South Beach. The hotel could need a touch up but everything is clean. Very nice and helpful staff. Located right on Ocean Drive as close as you can be to the beach. Fortunately, they have valet parking for $20 per day. A very good breakfast was included in the price.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you here at the Beacon Hotel and for submitting such a candid review.

It is great to know that you were well looked after by our staff. We are also happy to learn that you enjoyed our location, hotel, complimentary breakfast, and the valet parking service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back here at the Beacon Hotel

1,328 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Loved our stay at the Beacon. We wanted somewhere that was amongst the atmosphere of South Beach and that is what we got. Very busy area and could be noisy but I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to experience Miami. Hotel was very good in every way and we would stay there again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for recently staying at the Beacon Hotel and for sharing such a kind review.

We are happy to know that you very much appreciated your overall stay at the Beacon Hotel. I will definitely convey your compliments to the entire Beacon team. It warms our heart to know that we will have the chance to host you again.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Beacon Hotel.

Palisade, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Beacon Hotel is behind a busy sidewalk restaurant which you need to pass through to get access into the hotel. Ocean Drive is a fun, loud, super busy street with hotel after hotel; all with distinctive sidewalk restaurants that have 'drink and food barkers' trying to pull in every passerby. There are some stores and clubs so it is the tourist scene of the South Beach area. The lovely Miami South Beach is across the busy boulevard and the Beacon does offer a beach towel and beach chair to use for free. I was booked for three days after a cruise. They couldn't get me in early so I had to blow a few hours waiting. The service employees from the front desk were professional and friendly. I was upgraded to their biggest suite on the 3rd floor, with an ocean view, in their south-side wing; which had a lower floor living room, mini bar and closet and a few steps up to the large bedroom, passed another closet, with a large comfortable bed with a glass door to the small, cute, dimly lit bathroom. My ocean view was mostly blocked by the palm trees but I could still see some ocean. Unfortunately the booming music from the restaurant and street was blowing me out of the bedroom. The very loud air-conditioner vent didn't even block out the noise so I couldn't really hear the t.v., which seemed to have few stations available. There is also a lot of door slamming from the hallway. I became very disturbed by the overall noise and got very irritable trying to get in a nap; I went to the front desk to ask how long that level of noise kept going, until 11:00pm. When I couldn't get in the needed nap I went walking up and down Ocean Drive and at night; it is amazing! All the different sidewalk cafes, each with their own booming music, all the lights and heaters glowing was really fun and exciting. But not to stay close by. I begged them to let me leave the next day and they refunded me my pre-paid money. So I have no complaints. I went to Collins Ave, one block over, where it is quiet! The Beacon does give a limited breakfast voucher the restaurant in front begrudgingly fills. The O.J. is good! The bar inside is just a service bar and still charges a lot for a drink. Not easy to find a quiet place for a sophisticated drink, most drinks served are gargantuan - big enough for a few goldfish! Overall; cute surroundings, art deco influences, busy fun tourist area, great beach and professional friendly crew makes this place best for all-night partygoers!

Room Tip: Really loud facing the front, where the rooms with a view of the ocean are situated. Maybe higher up...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so very much for your recent visit at the Beacon Hotel and for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We do appreciate such beneficial comments from you on our hotel, location, and services. Also, I would like to express my most sincere apologies for the frustration and disappointment you experienced due to the overall noise that kept you from enjoying some quiet time. Please know that your comments are very important to us and will help us advance further.

It is our hope to welcome you again on your next visit to South Beach as I would be more than happy to have you stay in our beautiful and quietest room.

Kindest Regards,

Perdido Key, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at the Beacon hotel in Jan.20-24th . This is really an awesome place. The staff were extremely nice and very helpful. The Beacon is right across the street from the beach and the hotel provides chairs for you to take over. We were there the last night of the Art Deco festival and there were vendors all up and down Ocean Drive which they had closed to traffic.
It is within walking distance of everything. No need for a car. A couple of blocks over there is a local bus that takes you around the island for .25 cents. We ate at Joes Stone Crab which was awesome as well as Smith and Wolensky and it was wonderful as well. Well worth the money for all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to count you among our guests and for submitting such a kind review.

Based on your comments we can ascertain that your overall stay at the Beacon Hotel was a memorable one. I will make sure to share your compliments with the entire Beacon team.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of counting you among our guests in the nearest future.

Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Just returned from a four night stay at the Beacon Hotel in South Beach and we had a great time.

Location:
The hotel is right on Ocean Drive in the heart of the Art Deco district. Lummus Park and the beach are directly across the street. The Art Deco Information Centre is at 10th Ave, which is a max 5-minute walk from the hotel. Mango’s, The Clevelander and Palace Bar – three major bar/hangouts are within a 7 – 10 minute walk. The Beacon hotel is about a 25-minute walk to the shops on Lincoln Ave, a scenic walk if you stay on Ocean. There is also a local 25-cent bus you can take but because we enjoyed walking we never ventured on the bus. The hotel staff can call/arrange taxi for you. Parking – I cannot provide details as we did not have a car but we did notice valet parking at curbside. Paid street parking (metered) is available (just watch the sprinkling cycle in the morning).

Rooms:
We had Room 321. This is a room on the outside wing. We asked for two double beds. The room was tidy, clean, not too spacious (about a foot and a half distance between the beds and a foot on either side). The bathroom was clean, updated but nothing fancy. Lots of towels, toiletries replenished daily. The room also had a minibar and in-room safe, a mirror in the bathroom and in the room, a clock radio where you can recharge your iTouch. The closet was enough for a couple of days stay. It also has two beach chairs; beach towels provided daily and ironing board with iron. Lots of light during the day and the bathroom lighting (pot lights) was also good. The room has a ‘humid climate’ smell when you first enter but nothing obscene and once the air conditioning (which is a bit noisy) is on, the smell dissipates. The beds are comfortable with plenty of soft pillows. There is no coffee maker in the room but there really isn’t any need. On the mezzanine there is coffee, tea and hot chocolate provided in the morning and lemonade in the afternoon.

Staff:
We were promptly greeted and served even when we came in late (well past midnight). We were told about all the amenities and provided with a key. They did want a $100 deposit on a credit card for any incidentals. This was refunded on our departure (as we did not have any incidentals). Breakfast is included each morning between 9 and 11. We had to go to the front counter and get our ‘card’ with our room number printed on it and then were seated by the staff out front. There are seven choices for the free breakfast and it was adequate for me (someone who is not a huge eatert). Also, you are served a beverage with breakfast. Service is good and quick. There is free wifi in the room and lobby and it was good (reliable and fast). On our last day we asked for a late checkout and this was no problem (probably because they weren’t booked solid). They even provided us with complimentary water bottle upon departure. The staff was friendly and willing to answer questions.

Final Thoughts:
We got a Hotwire deal for this hotel and were satisfied with the price we paid. I would’ve been disappointed if we had paid the list price. I certainly think the location and staff are the main assets for this hotel. We enjoyed our stay and I would have no hesitation staying here again if I were to return and get the same rate.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room (321) in the side wing (outside) and had no issues with noise (except the A/C) f...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent visit at the Beacon Hotel and for taking your valuable time to highlight your comments.

I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure to share your positive comments with the entire Beacon team.

We do look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Beacon Hotel.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I picked this hotel because it had decent reviews but I had a bad experience there. The rooms are small and expensive. The outside noise from the people and the music was deafening. Worst of all, was the consistently awful service. I travel a lot and this is the worst hotel staff I have ever seen. I suggest you stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We saw smiles the second we stepped out of the taxi and onto the curb. Very inviting atmosphere. The front desk staff and concierge did everything in their power to make our stay wonderful! The hotel always looked and smelled clean and fresh! The bed was AMAZING! So need to replicate it at home! We traveled with our one year old daughter and even her crib's mattress and sheets were a little slice of heaven! Would without a doubt stay here again!

Room Tip: No swimming pool on site...but right across the road from beach entry. Hotel provides beach towels...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so very much for choosing the Beacon Hotel as your preferred Hotel. I also thank you, on behalf of the entire Beacon team, for submitting such positive comments.

We are pleased to acknowledge that the Beacon Hotel had provided a delightful and memorable experience during your stay. I will make sure to share your kind words with our wonderful Beacon staff.

We are very proud to know that we will have the immense pleasure to host you again at the Beacon Hotel.

Kindest Regards,

Elvis Taylor

Been to Beacon Hotel? Share your experiences!