“Great hotel in the middle of the action” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Redbury South Beach

You added The Redbury South Beach to your Saves list
The Redbury South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1776 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Fairfax Hotel) (City Center)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
20% Off & No Resort Fee!
Ranked #5 of 204 Hotels in Miami Beach
Jazzyz
“Great hotel in the middle of the action”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Great Hotel in South Beach.

We stayed at this hotel for 7 days in July 2014. It is a small boutique hotel that has a bed and breakfast feel.

The rooms are clean and large and have very comfortable beds. We did not have an issue with the "thin walls" as some reviewers have suggested.
As a guest at the Redbury you have access to the Raleigh and SLS pool and beach beds (that are directly across the street).

Pros:
- Great Location
- The coffee bar at Lorenzo's has pastries and fabulous Illy coffee!
- Fantastic front desk staff
- Wifi included in Resort fee
- Great rooftop pool for people who want privacy.

Cons:
- Clean the rooms late (after 3pm)
- Bathroom was never throughly cleaned and toiletries replaced at times. Just the towels
picked up from the bathroom floor.
- $20 resort fee/day did not include umbrella on the beach... which was a must!

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to those looking for a quiet little hotel in the middle of the action.

Room Tip: Select a courtyard room if your looking for a quiet room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Jazzyz,

We are glad to hear that your enjoyed our location, coffee bar at Lorenzo, our fantastic front desk staff, speed of Wi-Fi and our lovely rooftop. Regarding the cleanliness our goal is to provide the best guest service anywhere in the industry and we are usually obsessed with our rooms being spic and span. I apologize that your rooms was anything less than clean as a whistle. Your comment has been shared with our Housekeeping staff so we can improve - Thank you again for choosing our property for your travel destination and thank you for your honest feedback. Please call me for any future reservations and I will make sure we take care of you. It’s the least we can do to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Florencia Gariboldi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Monticello, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The Redbury is in an excellent location and the staff is top-notch! I don't think that one can find a better hotel in Miami Beach, especially for the value of The Redbury! We took advantage of "A Beach Life" special which is a great promotion that they are running... I highly recommend that you look at their "Speicals" that they are running- There are some great deals to be had! We spent quite a bit of time at their sister property, The Raleigh, which is right across the street and on a great stretch of the beach, with a beautiful pool. (The Redbury's pool is pretty sweet too, and is not to be missed!) We're planning another trip to Miami in December, and won't be researching properties like we did for this trip... We'll be staying at The Redbury for sure!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear vlz17,

Thank you so much for an amazing review of our property and glad to hear that you enjoyed our ‘’A Beach Life ‘ ’promotion and our service provided by our team ! Please feel free to reach out to me for your next trip to Miami in December and I will make sure we take good care of you. See you soon!

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The rooms are great - quite roomy and extremely comfortable. They have record players and vinyl records for a retro touch, but are modern (outlets on the desk, buttons to signal not to disturb, good wifi). The showers are huge; the robes and towels are good. There is beach access through a sister property less than a five-minute walk away. The location is very good. The drawbacks are a very small rooftop pool with no bar service, no real lounge or lobby, and not-great service. It's a great place to hang in the room, but not a good choice if one wants a nice pool or lounge.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Memphis_piranha,

Thank you very much for taking the time and review our property! We are glad to hear that our room features and comfort was up to your standarts.Thank you for your feedback regards to our rooftop area. We are currently working on a great project to revamp our rooftop lounge and pool bar service. Please let us know if you come back to Miami, we would love to see you again and be glad to host your next visit-

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I did my research months before coming to Miami, and based on what I found I felt that the Redbury was the perfect place for us.

Positives -

*The location is awesome! You're right on Collins and just minutes away from Lincoln Road and other hot spots.

*AMAZING staff. Probably the most attentive and sweet staff I've worked with. They gave my husband and I a complimentary bottle of champagne when we mentioned we were celebrating our birthdays. I actually found out that I'm PREGNANT while staying at the Redbury, so thanks for my last bottle of Champagne for a longggggggg time! Lol.

*Beautiful decor and Lots of special touches. I love boutique hotels because they're so Fabulous and cute! The bed was comfortable, shower was hot, and the record player was an awesome touch. We listened to the Norah Jones record which was beautiful.

Negatives -

*SO NOISY!!! I know it's not the fault of the staff, but the building seems to have no noise control. I could constantly hear doors slamming at any given time. I had to call and report that I could hear the guests above me. They woke me up repeatedly throughout the night and morning. Definitely not what you want to go through on vacation.

Overall, my experience was good. The staff really makes this place special. I would consider staying again if I could get a room on the highest floor due to the noise issues.

**I originally booked my room using a special found on the Redbury website. The special offered the 3rd night free. This special helped seal the deal for the Redbury and it was valid through stays in September at the time. My nanny had to have a procedure done 2 days before the trip so just to be safe we decided to postpone for a week. When I emailed reservations to change my dates, they let me know that they could do it BUT they would no longer honor the rate/special that I booked with. I was tempted to cancel my reservation altogether, just because I was so annoyed, but I'd already hyped the place up to my Husband so I just went with it. Beware of this when you think you've locked in a special rate.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Porsche89,

Thank you very much for Tripadvisor review. We are ecstatic to hear that your research lived up to your standards and enjoyed your room features while relaxing with Norah Jones magical tunes. Congratulations on your pregnancy, such great news!!! Our heartiest wishes to you and wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy. We are sorry to hear your experience regarding to noise and we are already working on it.Regarding to your booking deal, as there may be some rules and restrictions apply via booking special rates we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and give us a chance. The next time you’re back in town, let me know! I would love the chance to personally make sure your stay is an all-out success.

Marathon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Did the research and The Redbury lived up to every standard. Room and Hotel were immaculate, staff was incredibly helpful and it was perfectly located. The relationship with their sister property the SLS is a pleasant surprise. A great place to stay in South Beach without all the craziness of the beachfront properties.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Joshua M-

Thank you for taking the time to review our property –We are honored to hear that your research lived up to every standard and you were able to enjoy our sister properties.Until next time take care and please let us know when you come back to Miami again.

Altrincham,cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Myself and my husband stayed here for 3 nights for my birthday last month and both loved it. Check in was a breeze. The room was perfect - really well designed with plenty of space, loved the record player & the vinyl provided in the room. There was a shower & a bath option along with dual sinks in the bathroom. Loads of wardrobe space in the room which is something I often struggle with! The wardrobes are all mirrored - one thing I do love is a full length mirror and not all hotels provide these so this was great for me.

The roof top pool is a great place to relax and chill out. No music and there is no bar for beverages or food so not ideal if you prefer more of a party atmosphere during the day but for relaxing and making the most of the Miami sun, it is fabulous. Really comfortable large loungers and free towels provided.

Didn't eat in the hotel but did have cocktails in the bar area which were nice. The two nights we had drinks in the bar, the restaurant was pretty much empty. This was a shame as it meant there wasn't much atmosphere at the bar area & we didn't hang around once we had finished our drinks. Not the hotels fault though.

All the staff were really friendly. Nothing was too much trouble - I especially liked Jay. She made us feel so at home & always said "here's the birthday girl" when she saw me which was really cute! :-)

Location wise, The Redbury is perfect. 10 minutes walk to Lincoln Avenue and between 15-20 minutes walk to Ocean Drive. The entrance is a little hidden as the restaurant entrance is on Collins Avenue - the hotel entrance is on the side road which can be confusing when you arrive for the first time in your cab or car.

The only thing I would advise is that on the hotels website, it does mention that you get use of the gym at the SLS Hotel and also the beach area at The Raleigh Hotel which are both across the road. This is true but is only the case if you pay the $20 daily resort fee. For those clients who live in the USA or frequent the USA a lot for their holidays, they would probably expect this but for someone who wasn't familiar with resort fees in USA Hotels, this would be an unexpected and probably disappointing additional expense. It may be worth mentioning this on the website to avoid any unhappy guests who were expecting these facilities free of charge.

Would I stay at The Redbury again? - 100%. I work for a travel company in the UK and have already recommended it to a few clients who frequent Miami for their holidays. I would go back in a heartbeat knowing that I'd be staying in a lovely boutique hotel with great staff in a perfect location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Af1979,

Thank you very much for your detailed review of our property. We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy everything that our property has to offer during your birthday gateway .Reviews so detailed as yours really makes us proud. We are also happy to hear that Jay made you feel so at home, we will share the feedback gladly. We apologize for the miscommunication regarding to resort fee. Please let us know if you come back to Miami, we would love to make it up to you.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I'm happy I chose this hotel for my first visit to Miami. I love cute and quaint boutique hotels with luxury service. The staff was very helpful and friendly, especially Maggie who helped me with everything.

The location is central to everything and you can walk everywhere - Collins and Washington Ave, Ocean Drive, Lincoln Road all have great stores and restaurants. It's also one block away from the beach! And speaking of the beach, you have access to The Raleigh's beachfront which is right across the street. This is included in your resort fee so you should definitely take advantage of this! The beach staff at the Raleigh is amazing and will provide you with impeccable service.

I also felt like this hotel was coincidentally perfect for me because I'm a music and art nerd who loves Audrey Hepburn. The lobby has a tastefully decorated wall full of Audrey Hepburn photos and the rooms have cool pieces of art hanging on the wall as well. There's a nice Bluetooth speaker you can connect your iPhone to AND a vinyl record player! If you appreciate small details in hotels, then this hotel would be a great choice.

If I had to make a note on something, it would just be the noise. No issue about noise from the street, but rather noise from the hallways. I could hear guests talking in the hallway from my bed and the doors are heavy, so if someone didn't carefully close their door, it would shake my room. I still really enjoyed my stay here though, so this wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Lisa C,
Thank you very much for taking the time and reviewing our property. We could not be happy enough to hear that you had an amazing time. We take great pride on our service and staff. We are honored that Maggie represented our passion for service and our standarts.We will gladly share the feedback. It is also refreshing to hear that you enjoyed the décor as an art and music lover like myself. We appreciate your comment in regards to hallways; we are already working on it. Please let us know if you come back to Miami, we would love to see you again. Sincerely, Florencia Gariboldi

Been to The Redbury South Beach? Share your experiences!