“Absolutely fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Redbury South Beach

You added The Redbury South Beach to your Saves list
The Redbury South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1776 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Fairfax Hotel) (City Center)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
SunsetBites&RedburyNights
Ranked #6 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Altrincham,cheshire
“Absolutely fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Myself and my husband stayed here for 3 nights for my birthday last month and both loved it. Check in was a breeze. The room was perfect - really well designed with plenty of space, loved the record player & the vinyl provided in the room. There was a shower & a bath option along with dual sinks in the bathroom. Loads of wardrobe space in the room which is something I often struggle with! The wardrobes are all mirrored - one thing I do love is a full length mirror and not all hotels provide these so this was great for me.

The roof top pool is a great place to relax and chill out. No music and there is no bar for beverages or food so not ideal if you prefer more of a party atmosphere during the day but for relaxing and making the most of the Miami sun, it is fabulous. Really comfortable large loungers and free towels provided.

Didn't eat in the hotel but did have cocktails in the bar area which were nice. The two nights we had drinks in the bar, the restaurant was pretty much empty. This was a shame as it meant there wasn't much atmosphere at the bar area & we didn't hang around once we had finished our drinks. Not the hotels fault though.

All the staff were really friendly. Nothing was too much trouble - I especially liked Jay. She made us feel so at home & always said "here's the birthday girl" when she saw me which was really cute! :-)

Location wise, The Redbury is perfect. 10 minutes walk to Lincoln Avenue and between 15-20 minutes walk to Ocean Drive. The entrance is a little hidden as the restaurant entrance is on Collins Avenue - the hotel entrance is on the side road which can be confusing when you arrive for the first time in your cab or car.

The only thing I would advise is that on the hotels website, it does mention that you get use of the gym at the SLS Hotel and also the beach area at The Raleigh Hotel which are both across the road. This is true but is only the case if you pay the $20 daily resort fee. For those clients who live in the USA or frequent the USA a lot for their holidays, they would probably expect this but for someone who wasn't familiar with resort fees in USA Hotels, this would be an unexpected and probably disappointing additional expense. It may be worth mentioning this on the website to avoid any unhappy guests who were expecting these facilities free of charge.

Would I stay at The Redbury again? - 100%. I work for a travel company in the UK and have already recommended it to a few clients who frequent Miami for their holidays. I would go back in a heartbeat knowing that I'd be staying in a lovely boutique hotel with great staff in a perfect location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Af1979,

Thank you very much for your detailed review of our property. We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy everything that our property has to offer during your birthday gateway .Reviews so detailed as yours really makes us proud. We are also happy to hear that Jay made you feel so at home, we will share the feedback gladly. We apologize for the miscommunication regarding to resort fee. Please let us know if you come back to Miami, we would love to make it up to you.

Florencia Gariboldi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I'm happy I chose this hotel for my first visit to Miami. I love cute and quaint boutique hotels with luxury service. The staff was very helpful and friendly, especially Maggie who helped me with everything.

The location is central to everything and you can walk everywhere - Collins and Washington Ave, Ocean Drive, Lincoln Road all have great stores and restaurants. It's also one block away from the beach! And speaking of the beach, you have access to The Raleigh's beachfront which is right across the street. This is included in your resort fee so you should definitely take advantage of this! The beach staff at the Raleigh is amazing and will provide you with impeccable service.

I also felt like this hotel was coincidentally perfect for me because I'm a music and art nerd who loves Audrey Hepburn. The lobby has a tastefully decorated wall full of Audrey Hepburn photos and the rooms have cool pieces of art hanging on the wall as well. There's a nice Bluetooth speaker you can connect your iPhone to AND a vinyl record player! If you appreciate small details in hotels, then this hotel would be a great choice.

If I had to make a note on something, it would just be the noise. No issue about noise from the street, but rather noise from the hallways. I could hear guests talking in the hallway from my bed and the doors are heavy, so if someone didn't carefully close their door, it would shake my room. I still really enjoyed my stay here though, so this wasn't a big deal.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Lisa C,
Thank you very much for taking the time and reviewing our property. We could not be happy enough to hear that you had an amazing time. We take great pride on our service and staff. We are honored that Maggie represented our passion for service and our standarts.We will gladly share the feedback. It is also refreshing to hear that you enjoyed the décor as an art and music lover like myself. We appreciate your comment in regards to hallways; we are already working on it. Please let us know if you come back to Miami, we would love to see you again. Sincerely, Florencia Gariboldi
Far
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is heaven on earth. The staff makes sure you not only spend every second enjoying it to the fullest but you see in them how much they care. I have no complain about the rooms, my only complain is that i cannot take the perfect staff home with me for company

• Stayed July 2014
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear John_Tripadvisor

Thank you for such a great review. We love to make our guests happy and it seems it felt like home… So glad you got that feeling. We’d let you move right in, if we could! We hope we get the chance to welcome you back again. Please call me for any future reservations and I will make sure we take care of you. It’s the least we can do to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We are staying in this hotel right now, and only good experience we have was the valey parking, everything else were horrible....my girlfriend told them to clean the room around 10 am and when we come back 2 pm nothing was touch ...the toilet paper is like sand paper not a paper what should be used by 4 stars hotel.... You can't get your own ice ...you need too wait for somebody to bring it to your room but that somebody will never come !!!!! and you are at hot hot south beach .... Anything we ask we never get .... It is really sad this hotel have 4 start !!!! Please be really wise and do your homework before you book this hotel .... Plus the room have really bad isolation .... You can here people to whisper ....no privacy !!!!too many option on tv but nothing is working ... We didn't get TV guide !!!! Please be smart !!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Bllava0069,
Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We take honest comments from people like you very seriously. It pains us to hear the not-so good stuff, but it helps us learn and improve! We’re proud of our outstanding service, clean and stylish rooms, and great location, and don’t like our guests to be anything less than 100% happy. My sincere apologies for not giving you the level of service you expected and should have received.

I would love to speak with you personally about your visit and where we dropped the ball. Our conversation will help me give our team the training, support and direction it needs to exceed our guests’ expectations moving forward. We really do want to win you over.
Hope to hear from you soon. You can reach out to me at Florencia.gariboldi@theredbury.com

United kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here for a week in early July.

Positives
- Great location, only a few mins from the beach and just across the road from some tour bus stops!
- Use of pool / beach faciliies of Raleigh across the street. Although when we went there, Raleigh reception said we couldn't use their pool. Similarly at the beach the attendant had no idea what the Redbury was or the arrangement, but after some convincing allowed us to use 2 chairs and towels for free anyway.
- Great restaurant just one block down - 1826 check it out!
- Super comfortable bed with huge TV - perfect comfort in the bedroom!
- Bathroom his/her basins fantastic, albeit we could hear our neighbours loud and clear (see below).

Negatives
- Extortionate parking fees; at least provide directions on your site to the parking lot opposite Loews hotel at $16/night rather than your $42/night valet option. It is a 10min walk and with luggage it isn't for the elderly, but I'd rather hurt my arms than my wallet and our stay would have cost in excess of $200 in parking, had we have gone with you...
- There are a number of food / drink amenities on the desk top in the bedroom. I wouldn't mind however the sum total of everything laid out must well exceed $200 and in a small room with limited desk-top space it just all takes up room and jiggles whenever you touch any of the bottles, like you're in a car ferry or ship. The record player, two trays of booze and snacks on top, then a bottle of Evian on another table (at $10 I believe!). It's like a platter selection right there. Perhaps stick it in the mini-bar like every other hotel so that if we're not interested, we can make use of the table tops to put our stuff instead?
- Sound proofing. I urge management to take a look into this. When taking a bath one evening I could hear my neighbours' conversation next door. I don't think this was because of thin walls, more because the extraction outlets in the ceiling are linked and so there's just air connecting the rooms. I could hear absolutely everything they were up to in the bathroom and it grossed me out.. I would urge management to test this to see exactly why this is the case as the sounds from bathrooms are audible from one to another.
- Cost. I booked well in advance at a "25% Discount Rate" rate to secure the booking. It was a pre-pay booking. I checked a few weeks before departure and for the same room and on a flex basis, the cost had gone down perhaps 30%. I felt gutted that I had been robbed in this way, especially considering I had booked directly with the hotel. Their "early-bird" special discount rates aren't so special after all, so PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH when booking so as to get a good price (unlike us).

The staff were all friendly and the pool was great. I guess the hotels in SB aren't all that special which surprises me with the Ritz Carlton and other world famous brand 5* hotels down the street, for this to be the top.

Room Tip: Get one where you can't hear your neighbours in the bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear P0lak,

Thanks for taking the time to give us such detailed feedback. We take honest comments from people like you very seriously. It pains us to hear the not-so good stuff, but it helps us learn and improve! We will certainly add all your comments to your profile, therefore we can better accommodate your stay in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were here working, and a gf was here to come hang with you from NY. Every hotel was booked and this was what was left but everything happens for a reason. As it was an amazing experience. Have James at Lorenzo as your server he is so amazing fun and comical! Great time. As well the hotel is very accommodating leaving us a hangover kit in our room. It's a small quaint hotel but I love it and so is our group of girls! I would recommend. And definitely get James as a server!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Brittany T,

I am glad that fate got you to give us a chance! I will share your comments with the Lorenzo Team and particularly with James, he would love to hear your kind words!
Please let us know if you come back to Miami, we would love to see you again.

Laguna Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Although centrally located to all South Beach has to offer, rooms are surprisingly peaceful. Every staff member we came in contact with was eager to help and extremely kind. We booked this hotel for its location and the fact it had a bathtub. Upon check in, we discovered our room only had a shower. We called down to the front desk and were immediately helped to satisfy our request for a bathtub by being moved to another room. This adjustment was made graciously and quickly!

Rooftop pool was clean with a nice view of adjacent Art Deco buildings. We were informed a bar was being constructed at the pool and will be available soon. Meanwhile, we were allowed to bring our drinks from the downstairs bar up to the pool.

Only negative item was that we had to cross the street to get to the beach, but not too inconvenient at all.

Dear WorldBound_5000,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. It’s great to hear that you had a nice time at The Redbury and that the staff was helpful and accommodating. We are currently working on a rooftop bar addition and we hope you will visit us soon to see the progress.
Please let us know when your travel arrangements bring you back to Miami, we would love to welcome you back at The Redbury.

Florencia Gariboldi

Been to The Redbury South Beach? Share your experiences!