Stayed here for a week in early July.
- Great location, only a few mins from the beach and just across the road from some tour bus stops!
- Use of pool / beach faciliies of Raleigh across the street. Although when we went there, Raleigh reception said we couldn't use their pool. Similarly at the beach the attendant had no idea what the Redbury was or the arrangement, but after some convincing allowed us to use 2 chairs and towels for free anyway.
- Great restaurant just one block down - 1826 check it out!
- Super comfortable bed with huge TV - perfect comfort in the bedroom!
- Bathroom his/her basins fantastic, albeit we could hear our neighbours loud and clear (see below).
- Extortionate parking fees; at least provide directions on your site to the parking lot opposite Loews hotel at $16/night rather than your $42/night valet option. It is a 10min walk and with luggage it isn't for the elderly, but I'd rather hurt my arms than my wallet and our stay would have cost in excess of $200 in parking, had we have gone with you...
- There are a number of food / drink amenities on the desk top in the bedroom. I wouldn't mind however the sum total of everything laid out must well exceed $200 and in a small room with limited desk-top space it just all takes up room and jiggles whenever you touch any of the bottles, like you're in a car ferry or ship. The record player, two trays of booze and snacks on top, then a bottle of Evian on another table (at $10 I believe!). It's like a platter selection right there. Perhaps stick it in the mini-bar like every other hotel so that if we're not interested, we can make use of the table tops to put our stuff instead?
- Sound proofing. I urge management to take a look into this. When taking a bath one evening I could hear my neighbours' conversation next door. I don't think this was because of thin walls, more because the extraction outlets in the ceiling are linked and so there's just air connecting the rooms. I could hear absolutely everything they were up to in the bathroom and it grossed me out.. I would urge management to test this to see exactly why this is the case as the sounds from bathrooms are audible from one to another.
- Cost. I booked well in advance at a "25% Discount Rate" rate to secure the booking. It was a pre-pay booking. I checked a few weeks before departure and for the same room and on a flex basis, the cost had gone down perhaps 30%. I felt gutted that I had been robbed in this way, especially considering I had booked directly with the hotel. Their "early-bird" special discount rates aren't so special after all, so PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH when booking so as to get a good price (unlike us).
The staff were all friendly and the pool was great. I guess the hotels in SB aren't all that special which surprises me with the Ritz Carlton and other world famous brand 5* hotels down the street, for this to be the top.