“Great place to stay in Miami!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Redbury South Beach

You added The Redbury South Beach to your Saves list
The Redbury South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1776 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Fairfax Hotel) (City Center)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Redbury Breakfast Package
Ranked #6 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great place to stay in Miami!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I just got back from my trip to Miami with my girlfriend and we stayed at the Redbury. Once we arrived we were greeted by Kristin at the front desk who was AWESOME! She told us all about the hotel and even took the time to provide us with a great list of dinner and club recommendations during our stay. The rooms were perfect and the record player in the room was a cool touch. We spent a morning eating breakfast poolside on the roof. The pool area isn't exactly huge but it gives you exactly what you need. The location of the Redbury was also great, a short walk across the street to the beach and just a few blocks to some great dining options. Our stay in Miami was made so much better by staying at the Redbury. I highly recommend staying here during your next stay in Miami.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Kevin b.,

It sounds like you and your girlfriend had a lot of fun during your trip! You are absolutely right, our Front Desk Team is awesome! We are glad to hear that you liked the room and got to enjoy our pool. Please let us know if your travel plans bring you to Miami, we would love to host your stay again.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I recently stayed at the Redbury in South Beach. We enjoyed the rooftop pool and all the amenities. I arrived in the afternoon and was done dealing with the hassles of traveling all day and when I arrived at the front desk, Kristin was there to greet us and check us in. She was very attentive to our every need and everthing went smoothly. The location of the hotel is great, close to everything. The hotel is small and we loved it and the staff !!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Sandy J,

Our hosts are very sympathetic when it comes to traveling, after lay overs and time changes it is easy to lose the excitement of starting a vacation. Sometimes all it takes is a friendly smile and a kind gesture to lift your spirit back up. I am happy that Kristin was able to make you comfortable right away. We would love you to have you back again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I recently stayed at the Redbury South Beach for the first time and I loved it. I have been to south beach numerous times before and this is my new favorite hotel by far. I loved the décor- super chic. I want my room at home to look like that! :-) The staff was so nice. Kristen was working during our stay and helped my girls and I out tremendously and trust me, we are high maintenance! The location was perfect for us as we love to shop, so the proximity to Lincoln road was perfect. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a wonderful time in sobe!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Meg A,

We remember your visit! What a fun bunch of ladies, Kristen’s “nothing is too much” attitude is why our guests come back again and again. Next time you are back in town let me know! I would love the chance to wow you again!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We arrived at the Redbury about 12:00 p.m. Checked in by Arthur who was such a handsome gentleman. Our stay was phenomenal the staff Arthur and Maggie was willing to accommodate our every need. I would Highly recommend this hotel for everyone planning to visit South Beach.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Earlynn R.,

We truly appreciate you recommending our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you had such an amazing stay with us. Please feel free to reach out to me to plan your next girls night out! We will make sure it is greater than the last.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My second time to this lovely hotel was just as good as the first time. Awesome staff-you would think they were part owners. Vanessa and the girls gave us access to the Raleigh and actually walked us over to make sure we were comfortable. Unbelievable!! Loved the records. What a cool touch. Thanks to the staff we found some really nice restaurants in Brickell..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear AlContrera,

They call us the “Redbury Sisters,” since most of our management team is female! We knew it was your second visit so we wanted to give you some different spots to try just off the beach. SLS Brickel will be opening in no time, you will have to try it out since you liked the area. We can’t wait for your third visit, we still have plenty more places for you to see and fun things for you to do! See you again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed at this property for a week while in town for business and I was pleasantly surprised. I usually steer clear of the Miami Beach area however I was looking for the convenience of being able to walk to the gym and dining therefore I ventured to this area. I cannot rave enough about how perfect both the hotel and location was for my needs.

Check-In

I checked in around 2pm and the process was smooth and seamless. The front desk was very inviting and eager to assist me in my every need. They even honored my request for a room on a higher floor which I greatly appreciated.

Room

The room is very spacious for South Beach standards. The furnishings are also very modern but do not feel cold. I felt very comfortable and at home. i almost did not feel as if I was staying at a hotel but rather a very posh guest room in someone's home. The bathroom is extremely spacious with double sinks and a large shower. That is definitely something I can appreciate as I am used to tight quarter so it was nice to be able to spread out as I was getting ready.

Property

Although this is a smaller property you have everything you can possibly need. The beach is located across the street which was not bad. You have access to the pool and gym of two of the sister properties which are only a short walk away. The rooftop pool was very nice. I only had an opportunity to visit in in the evenings and it was a nice spot to unwind before dinner.

I would definitely visit again. This place is great both for work and play. It was very quiet at night and I did not have any issues with noise at all. Also the location is great in that you are a short walk to Lincoln Road with restaurants and nightlife. I look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Although the rooms away from the street have no rooms they are very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Taimata,

We love to hear guests say "it felt like home“ in our hotel. So glad you got that feeling. We’d let you move right in, if we could! I can tell you are very well traveled so your compliments are much appreciated. We would love to welcome you back to the Redbury during your next trip to Miami.

Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We spent one night at this nicely appointed hotel. Its location, on Collins Ave [the main drag], is fantastic in that it's a short walk to the ocean and to many great restaurants and nightspots. The staff is professional and friendly, Bruce who checked us in was superb in making sure that we had a great stay. The room we got had some really cool touches, including a turntable with actual records. I couldn't help but play a Frank Sinatra album just to relive my childhood! I would strongly recommend this place for business and pleasure! The hotel has sister properties, both across the street where you get to use the swimming pool and spa.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paroxario,

Thank you for your recent visit, and your review! It must have been such a fun feeling to be able to flashback to the good times when you were a just a kid. Now that we know you like Frank Sinatra we will make sure we have an album in your room next visit! Feel free to reach out to me when you are ready to plan your next visit to Miami. Hope to see you again soon!

Hotel Manager

Been to The Redbury South Beach? Share your experiences!