“South Beach Perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Redbury South Beach

You added The Redbury South Beach to your Saves list
The Redbury South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1776 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Fairfax Hotel) (City Center)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Redbury Breakfast Package
Ranked #5 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Highland Park, Illinois
“South Beach Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a heavenly weekend stay at The Redbury South Beach. The hotel is absolutely beautiful; it was hard to leave! The rooms are beautifully appointed, with unique touches that separate it from the rest. The entire hotel is sparkling clean, and the bathrooms are more beautiful than any I have seen. The beds are so comfortable, and although we faced Collins Ave, our room was quiet. The staff was superior. Stay here - you will not regret it!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Stefanie K,

It sounds like you and your husband had an amazing weekend away from home. Thank you so much for the recommendations and review! Nothing is more gratifying than seeing our guests leave relaxed and happy. Please do not hesitate to contact me next time you need a little getaway, as we would love to pamper you again!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
lisbon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I had not stayed in hotels in South Beach in many years as the experience was always mediocre. This year we decided to give it a try as we really like the location, and having read so many good things about the Redbury, we tried it.Very happy we did ! The hotel is small and very intimate. The staff are amazingly nice. The room was of excellent size and nicely decorated. Service and cleanliness were excellent.Like someone else mentioned, a coffee/tea machine in the rooms would be a great plus, but that certainly would not be a reason for deciding where to stay. You cannot beat friendly,down to earth,caring staff !That is what will bring us back.Also being right in the middle of South Beach I was very impressed of how quite the room was - could not hear the outside noises which really are a problem for me. Keep it up !!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mylolisbon,

I am so happy you gave our little sanctuary a try! It makes me smile to know that overall it was our team that made you feel comfortable in your home away from home. We have made the proper notations in your profile so that next time you visit us we can make sure you have a coffee/tea waiting for you every morning. Please feel free to reach out to me when you are ready to plan your next trip to South Beach!

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is a very nice place. We stayed here while our house was being remodeled. We went on a cruise and then settled here for a week, it was very relaxing and the staff is outstanding! I would recommend this place to anyone who wants areal South Beach stay. Very nice thanks to all the staff, you were lovely.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Cindy R,

I am so happy we were able to serve as “your home away from home” during your house renovation. Living so close to us makes it very convenient for you to stop by and have some gelato in Lorenzo or have a drink by our pool on the roof top. See you soon!

new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed at the hotel after arriving from a cruise. We checked in super early since we arrive at Miami at 8am...I was aware that the room might not be available which is fine. We left our luggage and went relaxing on the beach...The rooms are very nice and spacious. They are very clean and didn't have any issues with housekeeping. They left enough clean towels every day. no complains.
The food is amazing at the restaurant...it is super affordable compare to other places in Miami beach...I wish I would have known sooner so I would have eaten every day there.
The staff is super friendly and super accommodating...didn't have any issues with this either.
Location is great @18 & Collins. Close to all the spots and also away from the craziness.
Loved that we have access to the sister hotels and you can walk right into them.
The beach is good and they provide beach chairs and towels...the umbrella is an extra ($20). The staff at the beach is also friendly & very accommodating.
I will definitively keep this hotel in mind when I’m back to Miami during the summer. I had a lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear JV82,

There is no better way to finish a vacation from a cruise, than a night in South Beach! Thank you for providing us with your honest feedback. I will be sure to pass on the compliments to Lorenzo’s Chef. We would love for you to visit us again this summer. Please feel free to reach out to me prior to your next trip, as I would love to help you plan the perfect getaway vacation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We just had a wonderful time staying at the Redbury. The staff was top notch and very helpful and friendly. Our room was so cool and comfortable. The bed was heavenly, bathroom had everything you would want plus more! Lots of extra retro details made this hotel one with a very edgy style. I think our favorite part of the room was the record player along with a perfect selection of albums to sit back and enjoy. Don't forget to check out the rooftop pool, it's a perfect place to get away from the crowds and relax.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Slevy48,

The title you have selected has a beautiful ring to it! “A little bit of Paradise” is exactly what we aim for. Thank you for the compliments on the room and décor. Nothing makes me happier than hearing from a guest who had a pleasant experience. If you find yourself in need of some more relaxation, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would love to help you plan your next vacation in South Beach!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are vacationing in Orlando and decide to go meet some friends in Miami. We booked a 1 night stay at this hotel and I was a little skeptical about a hotel in South Beach. I travel plenty of times to Miami on business and usually stay at the Four Seasons, JW Marriott or the Mandarin. I was surprised to say the least at the level of service they were able to provide. Friendly people all throughout the place. The valet guys were courteous an helpful. I advised them I was going to be in and out often and my car was conveniently kept nearby. Check in was smooth and the hosted was very friendly. The room was spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. They even had an LP player with a very good selection of LPs ranging from Marvin Gaye to Duke Ellington. The bathrobes were the best, better than most I've seen at some world class hotels. At one point as I walked down the hall towards the elevator one of the employees walking by the elevator noticed me and press the elevator button on my behalf. Now this act may have only saved me 20 seconds but it was the fact that an employee instinctively and without hesitation was ready to provide such service. The hotel is conveniently located near Lincoln Road which means after a night of dinning and drinking you can either crawl as you are nearby or cab it for a few bucks. Checkout was just as great. Bruce is the best. And by the way thanks for the hat.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Pray 687342,

Thank you so much for the fabulous review. I understand that South Beach has an interesting reputation, to say the least. Thank you for trying us out, I am happy we were able to win you over. I love the story about the elevator, while it is a small gesture it does make a difference in the guest experience. Orlando is just a few hours away, so if you ever feel like escaping please think of us! We would love to have you back.

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was our first stay at this hotel... and it was also our last stay at this hotel. We booked here after reading the reviews and based on availability at the time of our stay. Even though we booked well in advance of our stay we were put in a ground floor room that seemed basement-like.
If you like coffee in the morning, forget it, they don't provide a coffee maker in your room like every other hotel in the world where I've stayed. If you like having your room made up while you're out you should stay elsewhere; it took them two days to come clean, provide clean towels and make the bed; they finally did it late in the afternoon of the second day ... after two calls. They don't put top sheets on the beds, only a heavy duvet type blanket causing us to turn the air conditioning way down so we didn't overheat. There is one cheap plastic chair to sit on and it's not the most comfortable chair; certainly not for reading, chatting or viewing TV. We were told we could view TV programs from all over the world, among other things, but, none of that worked. There was a record player with a few good albums in the room, however, after lowering the tone arm it was so light it would just skip across the record. When leaving the room, you cannot rely on the door closing behind you, you must pull it shut. We asked for a late check-out for our departure date because our flight was late in the afternoon; they said they couldn't tell us if it was o.k. until the morning of our departure; that morning when we called we were told they would grant us late check-out to noon. Upon check out, they asked how our stay could have been made better, so, I told them; by their reaction, or rather lack of, I don't think it mattered to them at all. I can't tell you what other hotels in the area are like, but, we did have dinner and drinks at a couple of the hotels in the area and found their staff and facilities to be excellent; I'm sure there are many other wonderful hotels in the area. Maybe we just caught the Redbury on a bad day, but, I would avoid the this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear CG,

It makes me sad that we could not anticipate your preferences. We are clearly different than most hotels that you have stayed in and we appreciate your comments. In most cases if we are advised of certain preferences prior to arrival we can make them happen. We wish this could have been the case with items such as the coffee maker and high floor request. You have very valid points and we appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of items that we can take immediate actions such as the online programing and the door closure. I have added your preferences to your profile should you happen to come back to Miami and wish to give us a second try. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Redbury South Beach? Share your experiences!