“Superb. Well done!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Redbury South Beach

Save Saved
You added The Redbury South Beach to your Saves list
The Redbury South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1776 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Fairfax Hotel) (City Center)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
20% Off Summer Rates
Ranked #2 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Superb. Well done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Let's say first off first time in So be. We are Naples people. Having reservations about So Be in general we were apprehensive. But we thought how can you go wrong with #1 hotel on TA? Turns out you can't! Perfect. Soundproof rooms with great bathroom amenities. Great size for So Be. Are lunch at the massive lovely Raleigh pool everyday. Got a mixology class from ?aldo the Redbury bartender. Have HIM make you a proper Manhattan. Great shower pressure. Can do front staff. Beautiful BMW ride gratis for our dinner at Juvia and great valets. Perfect housekeeping when you ask for it. Great location walking distance to sister SLS for a Hyde beach night. Would def stay here again! Well done.

• Stayed January 2014
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Westmount,

We are so happy to be your first in Miami! Please let me know when you plan to make your return visit, so I can inform the team to start brainstorming for the next cool place we can drop you off at in our BMW!

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The Redbury lives up to the great early reviews. But it's all about managing your expectations. Located on the west side of Collins (at 18th) it's not on the beach. It's across the street from one of two sister hotels (Raleigh and SLS) on the same block. And it's the access they give Redbury guests that makes it such a great value. We spent three days at the Raleigh pool and felt completely at home there. Food and drink were billed straight to our Redbury room. Chairs and towels were no problem. And the beach at the Raleigh was just as accessible.

The SLS offers Redbury guests access to their spa. But beware of a steep hotel surcharge for services if they don't mention it when booking.

The Redbury rooms are spacious and very comfortable. They have that still-new look and are in mint condition. We stayed in a "Collins King" room. Bathroom and shower were both large and beautifully done. More than enough closet and dresser space for a long weekend stay. The bed was firm and really comfortable. The TV looked to be an ultra thin LED with a great interactive system and a picture that was perfect for watching playoff football. The Crosley record player, with a small selection of old fashioned vinyl records supplied, was a unique touch.

There is indeed a roof top pool. But don't be misled by the website description. While the roof itself may be 12000 sq ft., the pool itself is tiny. However, access to the legendary Raleigh pool made us forget this within minutes.

The service was impeccable. Kristen, Bruce and Maggie in particular are stand outs. Bruce even swung us a prime time table at Juvia (easily the best restaurant in Miami.) And the availability of the free house car (BMW 750i) for shuttling around the immediate area makes renting a car pointless.

The Redbury is ideal for those seeking a quiet oasis within the craziness of South Beach. Like the access to it's sister hotels, it offers the best of both worlds.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Branbud,

It seems like you had a lovely vacation relaxing in the sun at the Raleigh beach! I am so happy to hear you were able to experience all we have to offer across the three properties. Dining at our sister’s and being able to charge back to your room is always a great convenience. Our team is very knowledgeable about where are the new hot spots in Miami are and love to assist with planning the perfect itinerary custom to your style. Thank you for reviewing our quiet oasis!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

By chose this place for a 2 night/ 3 day trip to SoBe. I do Miami a couple of times a year. I was mostly tempted by the access to the Raleigh (beach and complimentary chaise chairs, 2 per room) and to the swank if not a little to hipster SLS gym. Rooftop pool was clean, new slick chaises but empty. I preferred the scene at the beach.

But the Redbury team was really remarkable. Young, enthusiastic, down-to-earth with a "can't-do-enough-to-accomodate-you" attitude. Thanks Cristin/Kristin though i never got the spelling i got spoiled ;) and the other awesome ladies and men behind the counter. Top flight guest treatment.

I didn't care much for the view (I actually hated it) but it's a hotel right up against a rundown low- rise apartment building with battered AC and electrical wires exposed BUT SO WHAT? I didn't pay for the best view which, alternatively, would've been Collins and Collins is noisy. My room was as quiet. AND the room was awesome... W minimalist-meets-art-deco... and new and wicked bathrobes that are hands-down the most comfortable i've worn. Fact is each is embroidered with an "R" (for "Redbury", get it?) and that also for my last name. i was going to inquire about purchasing one but, alas, I forgot. Maybe paint the old walls of the next door building? LIke, art deco street scenes or palm trees and sand. Or not... i just kept the drapes closed!

In short: great rooms, even better service, the best access to the beach PLUS access to a small but lux gym across the street at the SLS. I worked out in the nice sunshine instead but used the gym's wicked 2-head shower to steam up and clean up from the beach later afternoon before my flight out.

Best review ever, right ladies??!!

'nuff said.

Chuck

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Chuck,

Kristen was so excited to see your review on Trip Advisor!! Your description of the hotel is fabulous and we appreciate the compliments. If you do come back you should definitely try out the Collins view room. You would think it is very noisy but we actually have great sound proofing so that you can enjoy the view of the busy streets without it disturbing your rest.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

You already know from reading the other reviews that this place is pretty awesome and I really hope it stays that way because it was such an incredible stay. I hope for this place to be my go to when I return to Miami. Staff are amazing, helpful, friendly...sad to say that this isn't the norm at every hotel but it was great to be greeted by such wonderful ppl They were quick to give me an overview of my stay and details bout the hotel. My room was soooo tasteful. My expectations...quite high might I add, were blown away! The room is so modern chic and I lovedddd the nice touch of the record player with the Bob Marley records. Set the mood. The room was spotless, no reminants of a previous patron...I can't say enough about the Ciel toiletries which smelled sooo good. I was obsessed with the lotion. Room is spacious and functional. Closet space and drawers were great. Beds were kushy and comfortable though pillows could improve. I stayed in a room with a King bed the first two nights and it was perfect. I moved to a double room to join my friends at the tail end of my trip and the double beds are smaller than the canadian standard size somehow but not a big issue. Wifi was not an issue and always working.
We used the complimentary car service one night which was prompt and so much fun to be whisked away in a white BMW 750. The location of the hotel is perfect and walking distance to everything. The corner isn't crazy noisy which is great.
I can't say enough about the rooftop patio which was emmaculate and very enjoyable during the warm night I was there. To top it all off, staying at this hotel also gives you access to The Raleigh pool across the street and it was perfect with lush greens. Completed my stay. I could really keep going but Just book this hotel already and have a great time!

Dear Klam,

Thank you for making the Redbury your “go to” spot in Miami. I promise on your return you will not be let down and that you have plenty of Ciel toiletries in your room! I will make sure Bob Marley is in your record collection again as well. Who doesn’t like to start their vacation on the beach with a little “One Love”? This review is lovely. Thank you! The friendly smiles at the front desk will be waiting for your return.

Curitiba, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The room was very nice and really clean. It is sad to have to say that we enjoyed that the room was clean, since this is something that we should have on all the hotels but, unfortunately, even paying a pricey rate, sometimes you do not have it. At The Redbury it was really possible to notice that the room had been cleaned and properly vacuumed (this is rare to see).

The staff was really very proactive and friendly during all the time. At our arrival, our room was ready with very nice amenities to our 4 yrs old daughter.

I read another review from a guest saying that the photos did not correspond to the reality of the hotel. I disagree. We got exactly what we booked, a nice and clean room (fancy as well), faced to the Collins Avenue, including some amenities as the vinyl player. Is is always nice to feel that you are not staying on a business category hotel (specially for those ones that travel a lot for business purposes, that is my case).

The only minus that I mention is related to the price but, unfortunately, sometimes, even paying more you do not get what expect. At The RedBury we got we were expecting and the experience was really very good.

Definitely, I will come back when I get a chance to enjoy Miami Beach again.

Room Tip: We got a Collins Avenue room and we do not regret....
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Heberson,

It is lovely to hear that your daughter liked her amenity! I know it is very hard to travel with beach toys, that is why we like to have some extra here just in case a cute little girl needs something to make her smile. It is our priority to make sure we meet each and every guest’s expectations and make sure the experience is one that will be lasting. I truly appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Please reach out to me again before your next trip to Miami. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed at the new Redbury on South Beach this past weekend. Have to say was pleasantly surprised. A very classy place with interesting details all around. Rooftop pool, friendly staff, good sized room and bathroom, excellent restaurant on site, very clean, very quiet, and the best mattress and pillows ever.

Dear Dennis P.,

Thank you for the kind review. It is great that you enjoyed your stay and were able to get use out of all the amenities we have to offer. I love the mattress and pillows too! We know how important a good nights’ rest is after a day in the sun on our pool deck. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great location, awesome room, friendly staff. Staff went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was perfect. Vanessa gave us cool Redbury hats when she noticed that we had gotten sunburnt after a day of Miami sun. Our room had a fun record player, tons of space, and a large bathroom. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hip, quiet, comfortable Miami trip.

Room Tip: Room 202 is next door to the housekeeping quarters.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Kevin K.,

I am happy to hear we were able to accommodate you with hats for your sunburn. Our staff truly does care for the guests here at the Redbury. Thank you for recommending us! We hope to see you in Miami again soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Redbury South Beach? Share your experiences!