“Superb...*speechless*” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Redbury South Beach

You added The Redbury South Beach to your Saves list
The Redbury South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1776 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Fairfax Hotel) (City Center)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
SunsetBites&RedburyNights
Ranked #7 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto
“Superb...*speechless*”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

You already know from reading the other reviews that this place is pretty awesome and I really hope it stays that way because it was such an incredible stay. I hope for this place to be my go to when I return to Miami. Staff are amazing, helpful, friendly...sad to say that this isn't the norm at every hotel but it was great to be greeted by such wonderful ppl They were quick to give me an overview of my stay and details bout the hotel. My room was soooo tasteful. My expectations...quite high might I add, were blown away! The room is so modern chic and I lovedddd the nice touch of the record player with the Bob Marley records. Set the mood. The room was spotless, no reminants of a previous patron...I can't say enough about the Ciel toiletries which smelled sooo good. I was obsessed with the lotion. Room is spacious and functional. Closet space and drawers were great. Beds were kushy and comfortable though pillows could improve. I stayed in a room with a King bed the first two nights and it was perfect. I moved to a double room to join my friends at the tail end of my trip and the double beds are smaller than the canadian standard size somehow but not a big issue. Wifi was not an issue and always working.
We used the complimentary car service one night which was prompt and so much fun to be whisked away in a white BMW 750. The location of the hotel is perfect and walking distance to everything. The corner isn't crazy noisy which is great.
I can't say enough about the rooftop patio which was emmaculate and very enjoyable during the warm night I was there. To top it all off, staying at this hotel also gives you access to The Raleigh pool across the street and it was perfect with lush greens. Completed my stay. I could really keep going but Just book this hotel already and have a great time!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Klam,

Thank you for making the Redbury your “go to” spot in Miami. I promise on your return you will not be let down and that you have plenty of Ciel toiletries in your room! I will make sure Bob Marley is in your record collection again as well. Who doesn’t like to start their vacation on the beach with a little “One Love”? This review is lovely. Thank you! The friendly smiles at the front desk will be waiting for your return.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Curitiba, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The room was very nice and really clean. It is sad to have to say that we enjoyed that the room was clean, since this is something that we should have on all the hotels but, unfortunately, even paying a pricey rate, sometimes you do not have it. At The Redbury it was really possible to notice that the room had been cleaned and properly vacuumed (this is rare to see).

The staff was really very proactive and friendly during all the time. At our arrival, our room was ready with very nice amenities to our 4 yrs old daughter.

I read another review from a guest saying that the photos did not correspond to the reality of the hotel. I disagree. We got exactly what we booked, a nice and clean room (fancy as well), faced to the Collins Avenue, including some amenities as the vinyl player. Is is always nice to feel that you are not staying on a business category hotel (specially for those ones that travel a lot for business purposes, that is my case).

The only minus that I mention is related to the price but, unfortunately, sometimes, even paying more you do not get what expect. At The RedBury we got we were expecting and the experience was really very good.

Definitely, I will come back when I get a chance to enjoy Miami Beach again.

Room Tip: We got a Collins Avenue room and we do not regret....
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Heberson,

It is lovely to hear that your daughter liked her amenity! I know it is very hard to travel with beach toys, that is why we like to have some extra here just in case a cute little girl needs something to make her smile. It is our priority to make sure we meet each and every guest’s expectations and make sure the experience is one that will be lasting. I truly appreciate you taking the time to review our property. Please reach out to me again before your next trip to Miami. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed at the new Redbury on South Beach this past weekend. Have to say was pleasantly surprised. A very classy place with interesting details all around. Rooftop pool, friendly staff, good sized room and bathroom, excellent restaurant on site, very clean, very quiet, and the best mattress and pillows ever.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Dennis P.,

Thank you for the kind review. It is great that you enjoyed your stay and were able to get use out of all the amenities we have to offer. I love the mattress and pillows too! We know how important a good nights’ rest is after a day in the sun on our pool deck. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great location, awesome room, friendly staff. Staff went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was perfect. Vanessa gave us cool Redbury hats when she noticed that we had gotten sunburnt after a day of Miami sun. Our room had a fun record player, tons of space, and a large bathroom. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hip, quiet, comfortable Miami trip.

Room Tip: Room 202 is next door to the housekeeping quarters.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Kevin K.,

I am happy to hear we were able to accommodate you with hats for your sunburn. Our staff truly does care for the guests here at the Redbury. Thank you for recommending us! We hope to see you in Miami again soon.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

What an experience... Beautiful. Quiet. Close to all fun spots. Couldn't have been happier with my stay at this hotel. The staff helped us out whenever we had questions and they were so friendly. Vanessa and Kristin especially... Friendly people that just want to help you out and make sure you have a great stay. 5 stars!

Stayed January 2014
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Tylervp,

Thank you for the 5 star review!! Sounds like you had a great experience while you were in Miami. Please come visit us again soon, Vanessa and Kristen will be ready to answer more of your questions.

Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Like most boutique hotels in South Beach, the Redbury does not go cheap. However, it's new and has rave reviews, so we were expecting quite a lot. We weren't devastated, by any means, but we certainly were not impressed either.

When we arrived in South Beach, we were using GPS to find the location. We drove by it several times, because it's just not clearly marked. It was really hard to see the sign on the building and it was completely unclear where the valet parking was (around the side of the building). It's off a major street in South Beach, so it's not like you can just slowly drive up and down the street to find it.

We finally figured it out, after circling around the area of 20 minutes and found the valet parking. It was pouring rain and no valet was in site and the area was full of cars. We didn't know what to do! Leave the car blocking the road and go find someone? Park way up the street and drag our bags in the pouring rain to the hotel? Finally we turned on the fourways and my husband had to get out of the car and go inside to find someone. They told us to leave the car there in the street and they'd take care of it. We did this, but I felt uneasy leaving our car in the torrential downpour, in the middle of the street. Visibility was bad and I was worried someone was going to hit our car.
We were early and our room was not ready and it was raining hard, so we decided to have lunch on the hotel restaurant. We were seated...and then waited and waited and waited for someone to even come and take drink orders. There was hardly anyone else eating the the restaurant, so we couldn't figure out why we had been forgotten. After 15 minutes, finally someone came. No apologies, just came like no big deal.
We ordered food and everything was fine, but nothing blew us away. We had crab bruschetta, which I thought was very fishy tasting. My pizza was pretty average, as my my husband's pasta dish. We had a coupon from the hotel, but even so it was extremely expensive. Just a tip for those visiting South Beach. EVERY restaurant is extremely expensive, but MOST are unbelievable. Don't waste time at this place when there are so many other excellent choices. As I said, we were a bit stuck.
For those considering the hotel, please visit their website. See the hotel room they have pictured? Amazing, right? Fresh flowers, books on the tables, a record player...yeaaaah none of that is there. Take all that stuff out and that is what your room will look like. Our gorgeous view?? An alleyway and dumpster, no joke! There were some cute prints on the walls, but otherwise, it was pretty plain. Worst of all was that the bathroom lights weren't working. They had JUST cleaned our room! Really?? No one noticed RIGHT before that the bathroom light wasn't working? We had to call the front desk and they had to call some repair guy to fix it. No apologies once again, just came on it and started puttering around in the bathroom. We finally left and went up to the rooftop pool. It was raining a bit still, but what are you going to do? Besides, we're from Canada and the cold water didn't bother us! If nothing else, we had the pool to ourselves. However "pool" may be stretching it a bit. the 12,000 square foot pool and event space is very separated out and the pool is barely bigger than a hot tub! No swimming laps in the this place! Clearly a patio meant more for suntanning, than swimming.
We only stayed one night, but while the bed was quite comfortable, the room temperature was not. It was a nice 75 degrees all night. I kept going and turning the A/C on/down, but I would wake up an hour later, still boiling hot and go to look at it...nothing had changed. Still 75 degrees. I wasn't going to call someone at 3 in the morning and since we were only staying the night, I didn't bother with it again and forgot about it the next morning.
The next morning the sun was trying to peak through, so we went to the beach, which we have access to through the hotel across the road. The beach area is very nice, but the hotels are all gated off and when I went to go use the restroom, I couldn't figure out which hotel I came from. None of them are labelled. I accidentally went to the wrong hotel! Oh well, no one was the wiser.
We checked out, but stayed a bit longer at the beach. Later on that afternoon, after exploring South Beach some more, we took off for Fort Myers.
Needless to say, this hotel was not what I expected and hoped for and I wouldn't spend the money to stay at this place with so many other, equally expensive, but perhaps better options in South Beach.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ka_Schmeer,

I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of the entire team for the incoveniences that you experienced during your stay here at the Redbury. We were only one month open when you stayed with us and we defiantely had more work to be done. Please do not think that your comments have been taken lightly, all aspects were reviewed carefully with our team and will not go unnoticed.

I have reached out to your personal email to further discuss the incidents and how to recover. It makes me sad that you did not report these issues during the stay because I would have made it my priority to fix these glitches while you were still in house. If only we had the opportunity to turn your stay around, you maybe would not have left with such a bad taste in your mouth.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed when the hotel was first opening. The rooms were beautiful, large and extremely quiet! Our room was directly facing Collins, but you could not hear fire engines go by!

The staff was lovely, helpful and accommodating!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Alicia O.,

It is so cool that you were one of our first guests! So much as changed since your stay, we hope you can find some time next year to come back and visit us, I think you may be pleasantly surprised with how far we have come. Thank you very much for the review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay!

Hotel manager

Been to The Redbury South Beach? Share your experiences!