“Nightmare on Collins Ave- BEWARE-DO NOT GO” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The President Hotel - Miami Beach

You added The President Hotel - Miami Beach to your Saves list
The President Hotel - Miami Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1423 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #103 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Nightmare on Collins Ave- BEWARE-DO NOT GO”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Absolutely the WORST hotel experience of my 30+ years of travel. I booked two rooms in January for an April trip. Upon arrival we were told one room was ready, one was not. They lied. There was no room. And we didn't find this out until we inquired an hour later. I had all the documentation, including my credit card statement and the hotel's confirmation email. The woman at the desk was the rudest I have ever met. No sense of customer service at all. No manager was on duty (late afternoon) and it took over an hour to get a front desk manager in on the conversation. The hotel did not have the second room available. I tried to resolve this situation with every scenario possible at the front desk, since the woman clearly was incapable of saying anything other than "we do not have a room" nor capable of any original thought and still got nowhere. And they could not have cared less. They offered to ship two of the four of us across town to a lesser hotel. Not acceptable as we had one car. I had no choice but to find another place to stay, which I did (God bless Marriot). Only AFTER I made two reservations at the Marriot (which I did in front of them ) did they refuse to refund my money. The front desk manager said the manager he talked to on the phone (from some mysterious back room) would not refund our money, even though they did not honor the booking they had confirmed and charged us for in January. BEWARE travelers. This hotel is a shaky operation. STAY AWAY. They ripped me off for more than $600.00 and did it in a way so slimy I still can't believe it. Not one call from my attorney to either the manager or general manager was returned.

Room Tip: Chose one in ANOTHER hotel.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is a good place to stay if you want to be close to everything, but not pay a huge amount. Ocean drive is a block away. You can walk to the beach, bars and restaurants. You can often get deals to this hotel and that's the only way I would recommend to stay here. They have done a good job with the upgrades, new showers, updated beds, etc, but it still has that old Miami beach feel, which is good. This is NOT the place to stay if you are looking for a luxury hotel experience. Another nice feature is that you can open the windows and get some fresh air in the room. The downfalls... The elevator is soooo tiny. 3 people max and takes a very long time, so I hope you are up for the stairs. You also get charged a "resort" fee.... This is definitely not a resort, there is no pool, no hot tub, really nothing other than the hotel. It is also impossible to unload your car. The gave a minimal number of spots at the front of the hotel. After driving around the block for an hour, one finally opened up for my turn to unpack. Maybe all the hotels should get together and offer shuttle service from the parking garages.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Holland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is an excellent choice in a three star. The hotel is in an great location, just a block from the beach and surrounded by shops and restaurants. The staff was wonderful!! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We had a car, so it was a bit of a bother to unload and then park at a garage a couple of blocks away. We were upgraded to the penthouse, which was very large, and comfortable. We had a nice walk-in rainfall shower, and a beautiful, huge round bed. The decor is very trendy and light. We could spot the ocean out the back door at the end of the hallway. Our reservation included two complimentary drinks, which we liked a lot, since things are rather pricy in South Beach. There is no pool, but you can sit in a lovely courtyard to enjoy your drink. Breakfast was served off the lobby, and was the usual choices. I would stay here again for the price, location, comfort, and very helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Greater London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First of all, the hotel is located in a brilliant place, it is very close to a lot of great venues so i was extremely pleased. The food in the restaurant was delicious and the bar tender Tyler was very pleasant to be served by . I came to Miami for a social adventure on myself and I must say that without Giovanni showed me all the great venues to go out when i was in search of a good night - so without him i would not of had such a good stay and pleasant atmosphere!

if anyone else if looking for a party packed holiday i recommend this hotel for its location and good atmosphere
HOWEVER spent all night not sleeping as the walls are so thin that I could hear the guests next door also not sleeping. The restaurant food is very good but the breakfast was quite horrible and it's not the best food to eat when you're not feeling well.
The beds in the hotel room i was in wasn't so comfortable but i didn't spend much time sleeping throughout my vacation so it wasn't an issue.

thank u to all the kind and welcoming staff i mentioned earlier! u guys rocked !!!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The only positive statement I can make about the hotel is it's location. We had to wait a long time to check in.. After checking in we entered the elevator and it was super scary because it would stall and make noises. We then decided to take showers and there were no towels in the room. We had to wait quite a bit for them and the lady brought 2 even though there were four of us. They offer beach towels but they look like they have been used since the 1980s.. The complimentary breakfast was a joke.. It considered of toast, strange tasting oatmeal, and imitation cheese.. The hallways are very dirty and stuffy since there is no AC.. Hopefully this helps:)

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I like this Hotel, the Service was nice and friendly, the rooms clear and cool disignet, the restaurant inside the hotel was awsome there are really delicious drinks and foods. I think i will come back once ;)

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very pleasant rooms, lovely wall paper! clean. passage bit stuffy. Location is excellent !!! so so near ocean drive! Breakfast is basic but nice. Staff very friendly. they helped me with my million queries!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The President Hotel - Miami Beach? Share your experiences!