“Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The President Hotel - Miami Beach

You added The President Hotel - Miami Beach to your Saves list
The President Hotel - Miami Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1423 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #103 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Hanover, Maryland
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

If you are not too picky this hotel is for you. Very nice. Also depends n what room you get!
For price 64$ you get clean room, free breakfast, drink at the bar, towel with chair for beach and free Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: 406 room was very nice
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Veronica S, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thanks Odavidov! Short and sweet, just the way we like it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Eastchester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were a bit taken back when we arrived, since it didn't have the luxury lobby we've become used to, or squeezing into a 3 person elevator with our luggage.
But, this was after all, one of the older, art-deco hotels in SoBe.
Surprisingly, the room was very cool (round, king-sized bed, nice shower, and a wooden deck (not just a balcony!) with lounge chairs.
The staff couldn't be nicer, especially Rim at the front desk, and Mike behind the bar.
Oh...one thing I should mention...we DID get to hear ALL of our neighbors' activity in the early morning (quite an audio show!).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear JosephG445,
We are glad to hear you had such a great time at our hotel!! Thanks for this review!!
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I spent 4 nights in this hotel during the thanksgiving break. The hotel is in a very good location : Btwn Ocean Drive and Washgtn Ave. And also at 1 and 1/2 from the beach.
The room was great and the staff was very nice, more particularly the receptionist which called RIM. We had a warm welcome and she was very involved in our comfort, she also speaks french which was very practice for me.
I really recommend you this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Veronica S, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thanks Yannis! We really appreciate your kind words!
Jeddah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The best thing about my stay is that I booked a regular room on the same day of arrival, and when I arrived at the hotel they said they didn't get my booking! When they checked their fax machine and found it, they upgraded me to the pint house which was spacious and very clean because they didn't have a regular room available :).

The location of the hotel is brilliant and the staff is very friendly. After I finished my stay here, I went to another hotel, mainly because of the price. That hotel didn't have a 24-hour front desk and my friend needed to leave his bags in a luggage room. So, I came back to the President Hotel and asked the receptionist Alessia if I can keep the luggage with them and she were very nice to me and said yes but she had to take permission from the supervisor Jamie Bellman who also had to have a 5-minute meeting with the mangers Noelia & Barbra to confirm that. Finally, the kind staff of the President Hotel accepted.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Veronica S, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear EAwlia,
I'm glad to hear that our staff would go above and beyond to satisfy a guest request. Thanks for mentioning this.
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Visited on Thanksgiving weekend 2012
- The girl at the front desk gave us a room with A/C and no option for heat. When I asked she mentioned that no hotels in Miami has heat in the room. Secondly , When I asked to speak to a manager and told her that we can get sick because of cold room. She gave us a another room with the option for heat which was also noisy with paper thin walls, DEFINITELY NOT a place for relaxing sleep...!!!! The room is way too much green....green walls , green curtains , green TABLE LAMPS WITH GREEN LIGHT TOO....!!!! Too Much Annoying & Discomfort : That's What One Would Feel In This OVERLY GREEN ROOM...!!! And Definitely the beetle insect's picture on the room door is not a good welcome gesture....!!!!! Uncomfortable screeching beds...!!!! I never knew hotels saying breakfast is complimentary , still charge extra which they say IS COMPULSORY for every person who stays and then icing on top , they mention PLEASE DONT FORGET TO TIP THE WAITER....!!!!! The Bedsheets Stink as If haven't been changed since loooong...!!!! The Staff is very rude & tells lies of all sorts to deceive you...!!! Parking is an issue as they are ready to charge a good amount for valet if you are unable to find parking....!!!! After all this i learned my lesson THE PRESIDENT WOULD NEVER BE MY CHOICE EVER AGAIN....!!!!TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY AND SPOILED TRIP FOR SURE....!!!!

Room Tip: Spend a few more Bucks But Never Opt For The President Ever.....!!!!!!!!! or even the INNS are a far...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Veronica S, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
My dear Deepun,
I'd like to start by setting the record straight about our rooms' decorations. We do not have green walls, our walls are white; we do not have green tables and green lights, our tables are white with flowers and our lights are white as well.
Our breakfast is not complimentary; in order to access it you need to pay a daily Resort Fee. No website says that our breakfast is complimentary.
Our linen supply is almost entirely new and we always replace our bedsheets on check-ins, meaning, if you're staying in a rooms for several days, we will not replace your bedsheets unless you request it with the proper notification card. This is a water savings' program that almost every hotel is on these days.
I do not appreciate you calling my staff rude and dishonest; this was clearly a misinformation that was immediately rectified. We would never lie for no reason to any guest of ours. This makes no sense at all.
Valet parking services are $30 a day and we recommend it to all our guests because of the difficulties finding parking in this area. I don't think we should be blamed for the City of Miami Beach having parking issues. Unfortunately we do not control this.
Thanks.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is older as most of the Art Deco buildings in Miami. Overall it was just perfect for my weekend stay. The rooms are nicely decorated and very clean! The bathroom upgrades are wonderful. Continental breakfast in the mornings and a complimentary drink in the evenings! It was a great stay and only one block from Ocean Drive!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Veronica S, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so very much for this review.
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

location is the only thing going for this place.
It was very noisy with paper thin walls, not a place for relaxing sleep unless you are comatose from binge drinking the night before.
the bedding didn't appear very clean and neither did the overall feel of the place.
there are too many other places to stay on the beach that I would pass at this dump.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I have 3 words for you, location, location, location....Thanks!

Been to The President Hotel - Miami Beach? Share your experiences!