“Breakfast? What breakfast?” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Madrileño por el mundo
“Breakfast? What breakfast?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Hotel is nice and rooms are chic: iDock, round bed, strong a/c, and terrace.

Breakfast is TERRIBLE, don't pay more for it, go to Sbucks!

Elevator takes for ever and we were locked inside twice.

We found lady hairs everyday on bathroom floor and over towels.

Receptionists were rude.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Veronica S, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Hotelerista,
Thanks for the nice comments about the rooms.
In regards to our breakfast being overpriced, a medium size coffee (just the coffee cup) at Starbucks would cost you about $4. By means of our Resort Fee, which is $15 per day per room, you can get enjoy continental breakfast for 2, 2 happy hour drinks per person, bottled water in room, use of W-FI, complimentary local calls, beach towels, portable beach chairs, and use of safe in room. Continental breakfast includes, coffee, tea or hot chocolate, orange juice, apples, oranges, toast, butter and jelly. It may be just a simple breakfast but it is much cheaper than anything you can find around the area; I can assure you that.
Your cleanliness issues have been brought up to the Housekeeping Dept and we will make the proper research.
On the other hand, I did not receive any reports of any of our guests being stuck inside the elevator twice. I sincerely apologize if this has indeed happened to you and your party. Our elevators are properly inspected on a daily basis to make sure the machinery is in good working condition but as you'd understand, accidents happen sometimes, specially if the elevator is overloaded, which may or may not have been your case.
Thanks very much for your review.

765 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
palm beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed the weekend of my birthday this September, and I have to say we really had a wonderful time. The location is great, right on the beach, but you don't feel removed like some beach hotels where there's nothing to do. Our first day Jamie the concierge recommended three different tours for us, was very helpful with rentals for water skis and para-sailing, and the restaurants we went to - upon his recommendation- were excellent. The rooms were very clean and nice, although maybe a bit small. Everybody was very friendly and helpful, but Jamie went above and beyond. We can't wait to do this again next year!

Stayed September 2012
Veronica S, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Hey Lidia,
We are as glad as you are to have Jamie as a part of our team. He has great knowledge of the area and he's always ready to share it with all our guests. Thanks for this great review! Should you come back, please contact us directly for a special deal.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

After a 2 month roadtrip in the west of the States we headed over to Miami and were very warmly welcomed by the personal. After having booked a few days in a penthouse room, we extended our stay for another night for the standard room-price, but still getting the penthouse room. Rim and Frank at the frontdesk were always very helpful, friendly and ready for some funny words, which made them very sympathic. After a few days in the keys/Everglades we came back to the hotel by car. Jamie the bellman help us taking our lugagge before we even got out of the car. He was extremly friendly and even gave us advice where to have a drink and stuff.

The room was very nice too. Nice modern design with a "circle-bed". Breakfast was good and i would say fulfils the basic wishes.

A few things may be improved, didn't bother us though: In the bathroom was the "towel-hanger" loose and the Wifi-service was quite weak (in room nr. 417). The hotel-neighbour sees straight into the bathroom...(window could be covered..)

All in all very good! We would definitely come again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Veronica S, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Malakeli,
Thank you so very much for this review. We are aware of some of the issues you mention in your review, such as weak WI-FI signal and no blinds in the shower in room 417 and we are working towards finding a solution as quickly as possible. I'm so glad to hear that these minute details were not a deal breaker for you. Come back before December 2012 and we will extend you a complimentary upgrade. Thanks again.
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at the President Hotel June 20-25, 2012. I am sorry for the delay in writing this review. First of all I would like to say that I read the reviews before booking, and I decided to take a chance. I didn't have high expections, so that I would not be disappointed. I am a picky person, and OCPD. I arrived at the hotel at 11:00am, way before check-in time. The attendant at the time, Alisa (?), was very nice, and allowed me to check-in. She upgraded me to a penthouse on the fourth floor.Iopenedthe door, andwaspleasantly suprised! The room was BEAUTIFUL! Very retro. I loved the green and white decore. The room was SPOTLESS, I rubbed my fingers looking for dust. I did not find any! I had a nice view, and plenty of space. The bed was very comfortable, and I slept well in the quiet room. All of the staff was FANTASTIC! Jamie, the bellman was so kind, all of the desk clerks, willing to help when needed. I had a problem with my sink when I arrived, slow drain, they took care of the problem. My maid Belkis was AWESOME! I loved her personality, and my room was on point. I wish that I could have seen her before I left, but I did call her boss, Kris to let her know. I did not realize that I was right on South Beach. Everything was walking distance, and I never had to catch a cab. The location is great, hotel great for the money, the breakfast was fine for a light bite, and the fruit was good! The entire staff was awesome, and I would recommend it to everyone that is looking for a great location, and not break the bank. (Sorry for the run on words, the computer would not allow me to correct it).

Room Tip: Miami Heat had just won the game. eventhough it was very noisey outside, the fourth floor was very...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Veronica S, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
FreeSpirit757,
You are awesome! What a nice review! Thank you for remembering everybody's names, that speaks very well of the kind of person you are. I do remember you calling Chris to mention Belkis' outstanding cleaning job. We are very proud of our staff and we love when our guests appreciate them as well.
Should you come back to South Beach, please contact me directly. THANKS!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This hotel was the best I stayed at so far . Great rates and service, hotel is nice and clean the staff was great always friendly . I want to thank Anthony the front desk supervisor for helping us out during my stay he was awesome he took the time show get us directions and show us things to do in Miami ,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thanks Bob! We know Anthony is great! Come back soon!
Merchantville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We booked this hotel fri 8/31 night and checked in on sat 9/1 (Labor day weekend!!) The rate seemed ok and the location was perfect on Collins Ave. Now it was our own fault that we didn't check that their will be a $15.00 pp hotel fee and $30 a night to park, needless to say this is where the rate wasn't so cheap anymore. And they wanted us to pay $7 for an extra person for breakfast, even though we already had the resort fee. Our fault for not doing the research! The lobby looked very nice and bright, we go to our room 203. It smelled like bleach the whole stay. The room looked ok, could use a serious paint job. Closet was nice size and had a safe and mini fridge in it. The bathroom.... looked like it was just remodeled, actually nice LOOKING. But the door didn't shut right because it hits the toliet, the shower head wouldn't adjust, either the water was extremely hot or cold and the pressure was low and finally the sink didnt drain! Next, the beds.... they felt like you were sleeping on a cot! Not comfortable at all and squeaked everytime you moved. The walls were thin...we heard every conversation next door, even with the music on. Luckily the only time we spent in the room was to get dressed and sleep! Ohh and the pool is not in working condition and even if it was it looked like a kiddie pool (we went next door to use their pool, thanks to new friends we made). The housekeepers would clean and take all of our towels but not replace them, so we had to call almost everyday to ask for more because we didn't have any! The room size was comfortable for 3 women so for a last minute decision this was average only for location and for Frank at the front desk! He always smiled and welcomed us back and even opened the door for us, the night time black woman I cannot say the same for. She was either on the phone and/ or never acknowledged us. One night the doors wouldn't open and she took her sweet time coming to open the door. If you don't want to work there miss no one is forcing you!
I am a hilton girl and this was not up to my standards sorry.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear HotelLove88,
The Resort Fee charge of $15+tax per day gives you access to continental breakfast FOR 2, happy hour drinks FOR 2, bottled water in room, WI-FI, portable beach chairs, beach towels and free local calls; therefore if you were 3 occupants, we would have to charge you an extra $7.50 for the third person.
I am sorry if our hotel accommodations were not to your standards. Having always stayed at Hilton, which is a 5-star hotel I understand a 3-star hotel was a step down for you. Our rates are also about $200 apart, thus the difference in amenities.
Finally, our African American (this is the proper term and not, "black woman") night clerk Sandra is always courteous and we have received plenty of wonderful comments about her. This must have been an exceptional situation.
Thanks for your comment.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

The goods:

Location is on 15th and Collins! Beach is behind us as clubs and shopping are walkin distance.

Service: great package for the price. You get towels, drinks, and comp. breakfast and the great location for a great price.

The bartender: Bernard was the best. We are a young couple and loved his energy and hospitality. We were there for happy hour and he took time to tell us what is good to go and see. We tipped him well and he told us more about how to get to the places we needed to go, even a shortcut! See what good tipping gets you? Best staff member right there. Drinks are great too.

The bad:

Room wasn't ready in time, we were put right in front of the elevator. The doors let in all the sound so we can hear every conversation in the hallway. The parties ending means lots of drunk stumbling. The morning is noisy with big families yelling and laughing and getting ready.

The beds are plenty uncomfortable. Mine creeks every turn and is stiff. I am sure it sunk in while we were there (and we are lightweights). They also slide if you aren't careful about lying down.

The fridge was frozen also.

The rooms are green and pretty! Great location and service.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Klae17,
Thanks for the "goods"; we'll make sure to take care of the "bads".
I just wanted to say, even though I know you were trying to make a funny comment, that our staff would give you great tips and would make sure you have a great time, even without the tipping. We are here to pamper you and above all, to make sure you experience the fun of South Beach.
Thanks for this review.

Been to The President Hotel - Miami Beach? Share your experiences!