“This place was awesome!” 4 of 5 stars

The President Hotel - Miami Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1423 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #98 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Dallas, Texas
“This place was awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

The President hotel was not only super cute on the inside it was totally affordable. I only had the privilege of staying there one night but was it was a real joy. Its close to absolutely everything...the beach, Ocean Drive, Lincoln Road shopping, night clubs, etc. The only things I had issues with were the "breakfast" and resort fee. Their website tells you all that is included in the resort fee but it was a tad disappointing. The bottle of water provided was a tiny 8 oz bottle, the beach towel provided was actually a regular sized towel but was also old and very thin, and the beach chairs were the short little chairs that my little sister likes to play with in the yard with. As for the breakfast, it was literally dry corn flakes and stale Danishes.

But aside from those tiny things...the hotel and staff were awesome! I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
VeronicaPenguin, Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Hi LCarlisle81! First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's always refreshing to see how people appreciate our efforts. I'm very sorry our beach towels and breakfast were not up to your standards. We are currently expanding our breakfast by popular demand and you can now have eggs, French toast , fruit salads, mapple chicken sausage and a lot of other delicious treats for a minimal extra fee. You'll love it next time you come and stay with us. Hope to see you back soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I just spent 3 nights at the President and enjoyed my stay. The hotel was as pictured, clean and simple. It had a really nice smell in the hallways and in the room. It was also pretty soundproof, as I stayed right across from the elevator, and did not hear it open at all. The lighting in the room was good, and the double curtains could be closed to block out morning sunshine if needed.

The property includes a minimal $15 resort fee per room which includes a free happy hour, continental breakfast (toast, fruit and cereal), beach towels and the use of their beach chairs. There is also an in-ground jacuzzi that looked nice, but i didn't use.

The hotel is located 1 block from the beach, and in the midst of everything you would want to do on South Beach! I definitely recommend for the price and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
fmarchese, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful positive comments on our President Hotel.

We pride our selves on so many wonderful comments from guest who stay with us that appreciate the cleanliness of our rooms and public areas. We have a wonderful housekeeping staff who work diligently to keep everything to my standards.

The resort fee is something we starting in 2011 and has been so well received with all the amentities you expeienced.

Our location is one of the best in SOBE, blocks from Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive and the pristine white beaches, which we provide chairs and towels for your use.

Please feel free to contact me on your next visit so I can ensure you have another wonderful
experience here at the President or our sister property on Ocean Drive the Penguin

Frank Marchese
South Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We went to SOBE with another couple. We stayed in the penthouse room, and they got a regular room. Our penthouse room was definately bigger, and had a round bed. The room was clean, but the AC didn't work very well. We woke up sweating!! When we arrived, they did let us check in early, but there is no parking and we had to park 2 blocks away. They had a problem with the cards to open our rooms. After having maintenence try to open several times, they asked us to go to lunch and come back. For the trouble they gave us ex happy hr drink cards. The "pool" is acutally a splash pool and can hold maybe 8-10 people. The hh drinks that you get are the size of a dixie cup and very small. All in all, the hotel was clean but service was not at its best.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I sincerely apologize for the a/c issues and the key card issues.

I'm glad that the staff tried to assist with the additonal happy drink coupons for your inconveniences.

You are correct in that the Penthouse rooms are larger and your particular room comes with
a beautiful city view terrace.

I also aplogize for the service standards, our staff pride them selves to insure that guest
have a wonderful experience.

Please feel free to contact me personally on your next visit so I can ensure you have a wonder stay with us here at the President or at our sister property on Ocean Drive the Penguin.

Frank Marchese
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night while hanging out on South Beach. The location was great and it was a nice hotel. Very clean and simple. The shower pressure was not as great as I would have liked but otherwise everything was great. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
fmarchese, General Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Thanky you for you wonderful comments. I am so happy that you enjoyed the hotel and our location which is one of the best in SOBE, we are steps from lincoln road mall with all the greats shops and 50 restaurants.

We are steps from the beach and our sister hotel The Penguin is right on ocean drive behind The President.

Our housekeeping staff and other hotel pride themselves on doing a great.

Please contact me on your next visit so I can ensure you have another wonderful stay.

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is within walking distance to Ocean Drive and near municipal parking. The room was small but very clean. Free drink & breakfast tickets were distributed at check in. The bartender was friendly & informative about the area and parking enforcement. Some late night noise for lite sleepers. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful comments. Glad you enjoyed the resort fee with our deluxe continental breakfast and our "happy hour" cocktails between 5PM & 7 PM.

Our location is the best in SOBE, steps from Ocean Drive and blocks from Lincoln Road mall where are the shops and restaurants and clubs are located.

Our Housekeeping staff prides themselves of doing a great job and most guest find us one of the cleanest hotels in SOBE.

Please contact me directly on your next visit to South Beach so I can ensure you have another great experience here at The President

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

I have to say that this is quite a remarkable place to stay. I have stayed at both the penguin and the presidend and have never been dissappointed. With their recent enhancements it is even more attractive. It is ideally located in the heart of south beach. I must say I had an amazing time here and the staff was so friendly helpful and accomadating. Frank the manager was excellent and unsurpassed with his fine customer service skills and friendly nature. I would recommend this place to anyone who would like to stay in a beautiful place at in an awesome location.

Room Tip: Always try and book in advance!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great comments. Yes we all agree that our location is one of the best in SOBE. I'm glad you had the pleasure to experience both our hotels The President and The
Penguin.

We have in the last 6 months made many changes for the better with new room amenities,
breakfast, cocktails, WI-FI, luggage assitance with our bellstaff, and some great thing to come in the next 6 months.

Please contact me directly on your next stay here at the Penguin and President si I can ensure that you have another great experience.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011 via mobile

The President Hotel was very nice. It was clean and nicely decorated. The only qualms that I have about the place was that housekeeping did not clean our room one day, and we had trouble with our keys that required extensive maintenance. Definitely was not happy about coming back to the room at 3am and being unable to access our room. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. I highly recommend taking a day trip to Key West. It is a really quaint town, and if you rent scooters you'll enjoy it even more. Definitely venture off of South Beach because there are a ton of things to see and do. Happy Traveling!

• Stayed June 2011
Thank you for your response.

I do apologize for the key issue, it was an unforseen situation and I again so apologize for the issue.

As far as houskeeping it is unacceptable and I wish I would have know when you were here at the hotel--I have investigated this and have addressed with the staff.

Please contact me directly on you next visit to SOBE so I can assure that you will have an excellent visit with us.

Frank Marchese General Manager

Been to The President Hotel - Miami Beach? Share your experiences!