“Very friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel St. Augustine

You added Hotel St. Augustine to your Saves list
Hotel St. Augustine
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   347 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (South Pointe)   |
Ranked #79 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Santiago, Chile
“Very friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I spend several days at Hotel St Agustin with my wife and daughter. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. They were like a family to us as they helped us with everything that we needed during our stay(s).
The room and bed were comfortable and tidy all the time. I will return to Hotel St Agustin in the future and I can recommend it for family & couple trips.

Room Tip: King bed room is excellent.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The people at the desk were very friendly and helpful about shopping and beach areas, the room was clean, and the shower was very nice, but otherwise I was very disappointed in this hotel. It hardly resembled the pictures that were posted on-line! I wasn't looking for fancy, but I was looking for cheerful and comfortable! The hotel was art deco, but the rooms were more hostel-like than boutique-like. There was a very sweet smelling odor in the hallway that wasn't pleasant at all. The room had a large piece of fabric for the shade covering the window and I understood why when I peeked behind it. It faced the side of another building which was not any more attractive. Furthermore, we did not see any patio area as was shown on-line. The sink area of the bathroom was separated from the bedroom by a drape which provided very little privacy, especially since we were traveling with teens who wanted their privacy. Both of our boys ended up sleeping in their clothes because they didn't feel comfortable changing in the room. Yes, there was parking, but it was a very small lot and very difficult to maneuver. I selected 2 other hotels from TripAdvisor for our vacation in Florida, and the other 2 were as nice as they were pictured. Make no mistake. Hotel St. Augustine is not as pictured!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The place was really good and I will definitely go back. First of all there is parking on site. In South Beach that is hard to find. The clerk at the front desk took my bag from my car to the room for me, which was a treat. The place was very, very clean. All of the staff were super nice. The location was great. In walking distance to all the shops, restaurants and bars. The breakfast was delicious. I had a pastry, yogurt and orange juice. They pastries were delicious. The shower/steam room was perfect. The price was very affordable. The bed was very comfortable. I am very happy with the place and being that I live in Fort Lauderdale I will stay there the next time I go to South Beach.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Middle Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I drove down this year as I have never been to south beach. I must say, after our experience last year in lauderdale by the sea this was a nice treat. The staff was extremely friendly and gave us some good places to eat. They recommended a Cuban cafe for lunch(delicious). As for the hotel, it was very clean, the complimentary breakfast was fresh pastries, orange juice, cereal, yogurt and coffee. I must say the steam shower was FABULOUS!!!!! I wish I was able to bring it home with me. I would definitely go back again

Stayed June 2014
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Thanks so much to Jasmine and James for making our stay in South Beach even more incredible! The hotel is conveniently located a block from great restaurants, two blocks from Ocean Drive / amazing beaches, and a block from the pharmacy for snacks, drinks and anything you may have forgotten.
The studio style room had everything you needed and the bed was very comfortable. The room was nice and quiet. The complimentary breakfast and beach towel sign out were very convenient.
Thanks to both Jasmine and James on great recommendations on where to eat, shop and play. Great Cubano sandwiches, ceviche, restaurants, lounges, and Nikki Beach. You made a wonderful time even more special. Can't wait to come back and stay with you again. Worth the drive from Toronto!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mechanicsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Upon arrival, we were greeted by friendly hotel staff. The room was warm and inviting. Great art deco décor. Hotel was quite and two blocks from main art deco on the beach road. Always greeted by hotel staff with a smile. Very helpful in suggesting places to see and restaurants. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I found this hotel to be great value for money, especially when other options are so much more expensive. The location in South Beach was walking distance to the beach and shopping areas - so it isn't right in the action but close enough not to be a problem. The room was of a very high standard and there was plenty of space to move about.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel St. Augustine? Share your experiences!