“Best Hotel for a budget stay” 4 of 5 stars

Starlite Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #157 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Tampa, Florida
“Best Hotel for a budget stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Loved the Hotel! Location, location! This is not the Hilton, but if you're on a budget this is a great place. Service is decent, and the lobby is kindof like a hostel. However, the beds exceeded expectations. We got the ocean view, and it was well worth it. You are right in the action. I do not recommend Ocean Drive for families, as there is a lot of action. Families should go a little farther north on Collins. You can find much nicer hotels in Miami if you want to be pampered, but if you're looking for a good time on a budget, this is my favorite in Miami for the price.

Stayed August 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Starlite is an affordable hotel at a great location. Our room was rather small but it came with a refrigerator and served it's purpose. We only needed to sleep and shower there. My only complaint is that I wish there was a 24 hour housekeeping staff on the premises. We had to go buy toilet tissue.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2015

Moved here after our previous hotel had bumped up its prices for the weekend, beyond our budget. For its Ocean Drive location, the Starlite is great value. Steps from the beach, bars and restaurants, you couldn't be any closer to the action.

But that also means some noise from revellers, but you knew that right, otherwise you wouldn't be staying in SoBe! Light sleepers beware... That said, some guests are downright disrespectful; hollering in the hallways in the early morning hours, and every time we left our room the corridors/elevator stank of weed and or cigarettes, mostly weed. So this is party central - you have been warned.

The front desk staff are no-nonsense rather than friendly but I don't blame them given the clientele they mostly deal with.

The room itself was spacious enough for a one night stay, and clean, as was the bathroom. For $85 inc. tax for an Ocean Drive location, in peak summer season, it was a very fair deal. Especially as they are one of the few hotels NOT charging the exorbitant, ridiculous "resort fee" that most properties charge PER DAY for so-called "free" wifi, "free" watered down "cocktails" and "free" airport shuttle (that you don't necessarily use if you're not staying there at the beginning or end of your trip). This alone means I'm a fan of the Starlite, even if the hotel is far from perfect.

Had breakfast at the sidewalk Starlite Cafe once which is under separate management. Service was slow and the waitresses were young, inexperienced and seemed to have no idea what was going on.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Griswold, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2015

When I was booking this hotel I was looking for something simple, cheap, and right in the action. I booked through expedia and this was one of the cheaper hotels. Seeing how it was one of the cheaper ones I was a little nervous how it was going to be in person. Arriving at the hotel I was like where exactly do I go? The entrance of the hotel is kind of hidden but its there! The front desk lady was very helpful(forgot her name!). We got to our room and it didn't look that bad at all. For the price, room was doable! The view from the window was the ally way which I knew could happen from reading reviews. That was no big deal because I didn't go on vacation to look out the window all day. Location of this hotel is KEY! This hotel is right on Ocean Drive, right in the middle of the action for the bars, restaurants, and beach.

In the end, this hotel offers a cheap price though you won't getting something amazing. Window view may not be spectacular but then again your not spending your trip in the hotel 24/7. Best part is the location of the hotel!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2015

This hotel is definitely for anyone that is looking to have a good time on ocean drive and take in the Miami sun. It is primarily located in a party scene area. With the beach just steps a way, literally across the street from the hotel. Sleeping is less than likely because of the location and thin walls. The room was sufficient, wool sheets in Miami is something I would not consider ideal.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2015 via mobile

Stood with my thirteen year old son after a cruise. Read many mixed reviews and went with an open mind. The room was basic, yet had the essentials including a fridge and a microwave. I did not put the microwave to use, but it's nice to have. Being there weekend of 4th of July I expected not to sleep, no complaints there, did not hear a sound. The doors are thin the walls appear to be good enough to let you sleep. The bed was comfortable as were the pillows, the room appears clean, however it doesn't seem like they mopped prior to my arrival. The floors were full of sand....a broom and a mop can go a long way.

The hotel didn't not charge a resort fee so I would return based on location, and price. The receptionist in the morning was really nice.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2015

When we stay in Miami we usually stay at the Colony Hotel, they were booked so we stayed here!!! We were greeted by Patty a 13 year employee she was nice and checked us in early. The Hotel is clean and the room was awesome. I don't understand the negative reviews I've read for this place. We had a TV fridge and Microwave. I think we've found our new South Beach Hotel. It was right where we like it on Ocean Drive. I think the problem is with negative reviewers are that they are expecting Hilton- type Hotels on the strip.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple