“Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #147 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Excellent location, comfy bed, no lobby, just for sleep, lot of restaurants, bars, nightlife, next to the hotel a Fat Tuesday. Valet parking available, $22 from noon to noon and in and out

Hablan español, cerca de bares y restaurantes, solo para dormir

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Right on Ocean Drive so it is very convenient when going to beach or hanging around in the night. Parking is a bit husstle with very conjested road and limited space even for temporary parking for valet, but you have to deal with it if you stay on Ocean Drive and you need to park a car. Room was not too bad. Not very spacious but enough for single stay. The room had a micro wave oven but no fridge. The ice vending machine was right in front of my room so it was good.
No table clock in the room. Free Wi Fi.
You have to tell the hotel front 20 minutes before you need your car ready, because actual parking space is a few blocks a way and they have to bring your car from there to the hotel.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When we checked in the front desk lady, would not make eye contact. Then when she did, she was very rude. We arrived around 3pm and she said the room was not ready. But then picked up the phone and started "yelling" ( I'm using non swear word) at the house keeping staff. We did get into a room. It was NOT clean. There was make up on the towels, black hair on the towels along with dirty hand prints. We did check the bed and it "appeared" to be fresh. Oh, and let's not forget the "fight" going on at the front desk between hotel and restaurant person, trying to collect money.
I would NOT recommend this hotel. The only reason it is booked in my opinion is it's location. It is right on Ocean Drive across from the beach. But honestly, there are so many hotels to choose from this should ONLY be considered a LAST resort. Go to the Chesterfield- great staff, clean rooms and Very comparable in price.

Room Tip: Walls are VERY thin, noise level is high
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As many whom have post about this hotel I was very skeptical to say the least about staying here and def was looking for back up hotels just in case it lived up to some of the bad reviews. Nonetheless I arrived with my cousin we were going on a cruise and decided to stay a couple of days in Miami before we sailed out, check in was quick they put us up on the 4th fl rm 412 towards the back away from the noise,honestly there's nothing bad I can say about the hotel nor the staff. We had a great time there I had to print our boarding passes up for the cruise and they allowed me to use the computer to do so, we needed a bottle opener for our beers and Pat let us borrow one(it's the small things that count) I'd def come back and stay here without a thought.
Def loved that it was in the middle of all the action...

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Perfect location in the middle of Ocean Drive!! This isn't a 5 star place by any means but it's cheap and perfect place to crash in SOBE! I would go back again for sure!!
The beds were ok.
The tv worked. And the rooms actually smelled really good. We had a mini bar in our place which worked out great for making drinks!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

We stayed in this hotel 1-st time and I was slightly afraid of the service after reading reviews. We were met by very nice lady, Jenny, who right away placed us in the room on the 4-th floor, so we didn’t hear all noises that are on the street. She helped us to book multiple tours and gave very helpful recommendations. Me and my spouse used the room only for rest and then back out to paint the town or visit beach.

Room Tip: Higher floors rooms are quieter
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Riverside, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I was in Miami at the end of July. I've been to south beach before so I had an idea of what the quality of rooms would be like in this hotel. Even then, our room was a little below what I anticipated. My main problem was that it just never felt clean. Part of this is the fact that people are coming from the beach so yes, it tends to get a little dirtier than normal, but the room just felt dingy. We kept asking for new towels because they just didn't feel fresh and you could see stains on multiple towels, sometimes lingering hairs, which just freaked me out. You can however, makes friends with the staff and ask them to please change the sheets and provide extra towels, which is what we did.
Its also a little cramped, not very many places to put your things especially in the bathroom. Not so easy for the ladies to get ready in there with absolutely no counter space. However, for the price and prime location it is not a terrible choice if you are on a budget and don't plan on staying in the room much anyway. You are steps away from everything. The staff was pretty friendly overall as well.
All in all I don't think I'd stay here again, but we still had an amazing time and it by no means spoiled our vacation. It is Miami after all :)

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Starlite Hotel? Share your experiences!