“Location location Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #151 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Location location Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I always say location is everything ! This location is perfect just steps away from the beach . It's right in the middle of where all the action is it's perfect for the price. It was actually more then I expected after reading all the reviews I was pleasantly pleased with the room. It was clean a decent size & perfect for our pre cruise overnight stay . The only complaint I do have is that the shower leaked onto the floor. Other then that the staff was decent they kept to themselves . Don't expect a high end luxury hotel . You get exactly what you pay for here. For me it was perfect for what I needed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

At first I was a little worried based on the reviews that I read but I travel and stay at a lot of hotels and I have to say this stay was great! We stay on May 15 and also on May 18. Customer service was great. Jenny and Patty (I apologized if I got the names wrong) were very helpful and patient. We got there early and they let us leave our bags so we could eat and walk around until check-in. They called us when the room was ready. Before walking into our room, I expected a 3 star feeling not a 5 star which is why people are always disappointed. Smh. The room met my expectations. It was nice and had a large comfortable bed and the bathroom was up to date. It had a microwave and a frige and a decent couch in the room. It was clean and we had a corner room with a view of the beach! Who could complain? The hotel was booked but it was the normal noise you would expect because it is right by bars and everyone is out partying. If you want quiet rooms then you should check in to hotels not on Ocean Drive! The hotels on Ocean drive are old Art Deco so they can only do so much but they are really nice and lets you know there is some history to these hotels. But I think the Starlite Hotel is fine the way it is! Our trip was cancelled to go to bimini because of the weather and the Starlite was book for the weekend which was okay. We did find another hotel and then checked back in on the 18th. A group of us are coming back in January and I will definitely be staying at the Starlite Hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a large ocean view room. If not the others rooms are still okay.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dorset, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This beachfront hotel was probably the noisiest we have ever stayed in. All through the night we were disturbed by both noise from outside and inside the hotel - mainly people shouting and swearing. The room was very shabby and the bed and pillow lumpy and uncomfortable. The bathroom although clean was very old and needed updating. We finally had some quiet time between 4 and 5 am. Luckily we only booked 1 night but did not get the sleep we required prior to a road trip. There were no vending machines/facilities and the area outside did not feel safe to walk around late at night. The view from the bedroom included men relieving themselves throughout the night in the alleyway! Would not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: I doubt if there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The overall experience was horrible. I've been to Miami a few times and this has been the worst hotel experience! The front desk was very rude and unprofessional. Our air conditioner was broke& the maintance ore yeses to fix it, we explained to them it was still very hot in our room and instead of coming to inspect it, the lady at the front desk stated,"it's Miami that's the coolest the room will get here." There are ROACHES!!They do NOT change your pillowcases or covers, just your sheets! My friend slept with makeup and some got on her pillow, the housekeeping just turned the pillow over! If you have a complaint, forget trying to get something accomdated, they have every excuse in the book!!

• Stayed April 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

After reading the reviews, I was very nervous about my stay here and was even prepared to bail out if we got to the room to find a disaster. What we found was a clean, comfortable room, with plenty of space and a comfortable bed. I'm not sure why the awful reviews from so many people but our experience was very nice.

The only problem I could see would be if you are a light sleeper. There is a generator that kicks on an off and there did seem to be a motion activated light in the alley across from our room that would switch on several times a night. Not a problem for me as the blinds kept most of the light out, although you could still feel the light change with your eyes closed and the hum of the generator didn't really bother me.

Other than that, the room was clean, we had plenty of space, the fridge/microwave came in handy and the location could not be better. We got the cheapest room in the hotel (superior queen) so I can't imagine other rooms being worse. Not a sign of bugs, mold or anything else disgusting. The staff was also awesome. Patty and the other front desk staff were great and anytime I saw a maid she would ask if I would like to have my room cleaned. Considering the price and location I would have no problem staying here in the future or recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jackson, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I had the misfortune of spending 4 days here. 1 st let me say was this South Beach or a 4 hr stay motel in the hood? Lobby is nonexistent and desk staff have no personality the rooms are in desperate need of a refurbish. The pics on the walls were all crooked and could not be straightened. The lighting was horrible and the shower was a weapon. The water pierced your skin and temperature was either scalding or freezing. Not to mention the shower curtain kept wrapping itself around you Very unsanitary.
We faced a cement wall so Florida sunshine was not visible at all at anytime.
The toilet clogged and no one came to fix it After 9 hrs my husband had to plunge it himself.
On positive side ; location is perfect right in middle of everything , the bed was extremely comfortable and room was ugly but clean.
Bring beach towels if you stay here as the ones provided look like rags. Don't expect more than 1 towel per person and if you ask for more the answer will be no.
This hotel should be no more than $50/night not 200.

• Stayed March 2014
Glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We booked this hotel for 4 days as it looked good but some reviews were a bit iffy, we should have listen to our fellow travellers. No tea and coffee making facilities, no safe and a door that was not that safe. A microwave but no dishes:( Good fridge though nice cold water here.
Internet was great and location and view fab.
The whole hotel is still in the art deco era not had a lick of paint since, some of the worst décor I have ever seen, well over priced, not that clean and no where to park.

Andy's Top Tip in Ocean Dr, Park at multi storey car park on 16th St on $16 a day, I drop the good lady of at the hotel and walk back takes 10 mins and you can watch the silly skate borders try to kill themselves on the road LOL.
PS The most the staff are miserable as well :(

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Starlite Hotel? Share your experiences!