“An "ok" stay.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #155 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Ontario
“An "ok" stay.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed only for a night before our cruise the next day. We booked through Expedia.com as a flight and hotel package. It was decently priced so we booked it. The reviews were average.
South Beach is an amazing place to see. We arrived early after a morning flight and knew our room wouldn't be ready but didn't like the idea of having to put our bags in a hallway, where the woman behind the desk would "keep an eye on them". They were literally right out in the open and quite accessible to anyone who wanted to take one. We had to put trust into this and went out for our day. Nothing happened to the bags, luckily, but they must certainly know that people arrive early and need a place to store baggage!
The hotel was old, our room small and really needed updating. It was pretty bad actually but again, we knew we were there only for the night.
I'm not sure I'd "recommend" this hotel but for our purposes, it was ok. They have water and coffee on a small table in the entrance area. I wouldn't want to turn anyone away from it either, but it just depends what you want from your stay. Lets say that I'd look for another location before I booked this one again but if I had to, I would. I hope that helps?
We didn't find the hotel that friendly, not like other's we've stayed for the night. I really liked the Congress that I stayed in last time. I booked this one because it was cheaper and I wanted to stay and experience something different.
The location is GREAT though, right in the middle of everything.
I give this hotel a "poor" grade because Im not sure I'd even call the Starlite "average", but it certainly provided the one night's stay we needed before our cruise in an awesome environment like South Beach. Please email me with any questions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

It's your typical SoBe sidewalk cafe with the same generic menu as all the rest but it's great for people watching. I ordered the lobster ravioli ($23.50) and one of those 2 for 1 ($25) margaritas with two Coronas. My food arrived cold and I was shocked to see 5 small raviolis drowned in sauce. My drink was delicious but it was so huge; there was no way I could finish it. They have hookah here if that's your thing. I won't be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Vilnius, Lithuania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was looking for cheap place to stay at South beach - and i really found it :) A hotel was good - i and my girlfriend got everything what we wanted - a room to stay for 3 nights. Room was good with small place for our clothes, fridge, air conditioner, microwave, TV and bathroom. We respect this place because of location - just 1 minute across the street and you could get to the beach - it was really very nice. Sure, all halls in hotel looks as dormitory..but we didn't spend a lot of time inside - we try to chill out and spend a lot of time at the beach and traveling around Miami. That place is good for those, who would like to spend a lot of time at the South Beach and be very closer to non sleep streets and amazing sandy beach. I am recommending to visit Miami Seaquarium - it's amazing place to have fun and do not forget to try the delicious Miami mojitos :)))

Have fun in South Beach!!!!

Evija from Vilnius (Lithuania)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This place was great.. Very clean and organized room.. We were seconds away from the beach. And there cafe downstairs was great. We smoked hookah till four am one night.. No complaints! Try the Starlite Hotel you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2013
Long Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great location right on the ocean drive strip of south beach. Walk right outside and you have the beach directly across the street not to mention the numerous restaurants. Great price but very basic, which is great when you want a good location and a place to sleep without spending tons of money. Rooms were very clean, decent space comfortable beds and flat screen tv's.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the night and the hotel was wxteemely clean and beautiful! We were offered around of mimosa's as we were leaving the hotel to join at there cafe. They were awesome! The staff was friendly and very courteous. They had hookah and huge mojitos! How can you go wrong! LOVE THIS PLACE by the way Patty at the front desk is a trip!

• Stayed March 2013
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Although this is an older building, the rooms are updated and clean. We booked it to be close to the Beach action; And at a reasonable price and we're pleasantly surprised. Would stay here again.

The bar outside (I think connected with the Resturant next door, however is NOT RECOMMENDED. We had the 2 for 1 ($30.00) 16 oz. cocktails (mostly ice) and the Mohito was too sweet. I asked for a less sweet one for the second one with more mint and got a duplicate of the first sweet one - ie NO CHANGE. As a 20 year Services Management Consultant, here's a tip. If you add the 17 or 18% tip to the cheque automatically the staff has no incentive to perform....a no brainer, and very un-american in my opinion. Not directed at this Resturant in particualr as they all seem to do this on the Beach and even on Lincoln Road (which I really don't understand)!

I se from the other reviews, this lack of performance is standard at the resturant/ bar. AVOID!!!

Room Tip: Good hotel but AVOID Bar/ Resturant outside. Actually the best restaurants/ bars ARE NOT ON the Beac...