“Great value & location. Recommend for young couples/groups” 4 of 5 stars

You added Starlite Hotel to your Saves list
Starlite Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #148 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Great value & location. Recommend for young couples/groups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Staff very friendly & helpful. Rooms cleaned to a good standard daily. Other guests were all american, although lots of groups of youngsters, they were respectful & not too noisy. I would ask for a room on the top floor to avoid street noise. I would stay there again

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This review is solely for the restaurant attached to this hotel along Ocean Drive. People watching is great here - but that is the only favorable part of the restaurant.

Drinks are outrageously expensive. Food is mediocre at best. But the worst part is the dishonest staff and extremely rude manager. First, we were offered free, complimentary shots with our meal. We looked over the menu, ordered our meals and expensive drinks, then we perused the shot list and ordered our free shots. When we ordered these shots, we made sure they were complimentary, because the prices on the shot list were very high, and we weren't really looking for shots in the middle of the day, but we were game since they were free. The waiter assured us that they were free. Our meal was unremarkable. Our drinks seemed light. Oh well, just another learning experience. Then we got our bill and we were charged an enormous amount for the free shots. When we brought this mistake to the attention of the waiter, he suddenly then told us that the shots we ordered were not the free ones. Free shots are not listed on the shot list. We were only supposed to get a generic fruity shot with little alcohol. So, when we let the waiter know of his mistake, he went to the manager woman to ask about it. She rudely stated that they would not right their mistake. We would still have to pay a boatload for the free, complimentary shots. We then noticed that other patrons were also having this problem. The old bait-and-switch. This seems to happen fairly often here. Please, don't fall for it. Never give your business to these swindlers. The waiter tried to make amends by giving us a couple of fruity shots, but they were rather nasty. Never again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Manalapan, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My 2 sons and friends went on vacation last year to South Beach Miami, they stayed at the Starlite and they had a ball. Loved the location right across the street from the beach; location is great with all the action at your hands. food at your door step, rooms were clean but a bit small. But who cares you're there only to sleep in and for the price and location you can't go wrong thats for sure. Front desk service was great and so friendly we they enjoyed talking to them and even would bring them donuts. Everything was so great that they are all going back to the starlite this summer already booked and paid for. They are so excited they can't wait.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The location of the hotel is great ,but other than that awful.
We were put in the back room on the ground floor ,
Which looked out onto the garbage bins in the back alley .
You could smell the garbage ,plus truck coming by early every
morning to collect disturbed you sleep.
Room was dusty needed a good clean ,
and hairs in bath/shower
dont stay here !!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Massapequa, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Dealing with these people was surreal. After booking this hotel through hotels.com, I arrived there with the family. The first thing the desk representative that evening told us was that he probably couldn't accommodate us for the nights we booked. That's always reassuring. They actually showed us a chart of their rooms and their bookings to prove that they were not making it up. That's not the point. The point is to not represent your hotel as one having vacancies if you don't!

The following day, we were told that we would have to move to another room. The following day, were were told to get ready to move again. We asked whether they'd asked any other guests to move. This seemed like a novel idea to them. We had to repeat to them the question, "Why are you asking us to move twice before other guests are being asked to move once?" The lady at the front counter became upset, saying she was out for a long time on a medical leave, that this was her first day back and that she didn't appreciate being talked to like we were talking to her.

I have a big issue with hotels.com as well. I called the company during this debacle and was told by a representative that they would credit us for two of the nights to recognize the aggravation. A month later my credit card bill arrived, and of course, it had no credit. I called hotels.com and they had no record of my call or their promise. When I asked for a supervisor, I was told that the identify of this person could not be revealed because of security reasons. What cowardice.

The Starlite and Hotels.com, a perfect marriage of losers.

PS: Have another moment? I just received my latest hotels.com statement via email. With regard to the 10 nights and the 11th is free program, the company has us credited for only half the number of nights that we stayed on this trip. What a joke.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I often wonder about the people who write hotel reviews. Many times I think that it is an employee from a competitive property. I had an awesome experience at this hotel, not to mention a free oceanview upgrade. The rooms were a pleasant and clean with modern decorations. I loved the 24hr iced water canister! I was able to refil my water bottle with really great tasting water. I stayed on the 4th floor over Ocean Dr and suprisingly enough the sound from Wet Willie's next door nor traffic outside.

The front desk worker offered excelent recommendations for for tour and nitelife activities. And she was kind enough to watch my bags after the 11a.m. checkout. Noone bothered my luggage and all was well.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: make sure that you call for airport shuttle service 24hrs in advance because a cab ride to the aipor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Overall my experience was good. Hotel Location was the best, close to everything.The room wasnt the best. We stayed in room 208 and the view we had was of the dumpsters in the alley. Their was not great ventilation in the bathroom. When we took a shower the entire room would get hot. The shower pressure was extremely high, so high that if the water hit certain part of your body it would be cause pain. Also, the shower head was not adjustable, it was at a level for someone who is at least 5'11. Since the shower head was not adjustable, the water would hit the wall and get all over the floor and the bathroom smelled like mold or mildew. Maria the maid was rude, but other than that the hotel employees were nice and helpful.
If you have kids do not come. The walls are paper thin, the rooms are small.I could hear full conversations with people across the hall and in the rooms next to us. I could hear the people next to us using the shower, I could hear what they were watching on tv,and anything else you could imagine i heard

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Starlite Hotel? Share your experiences!