“avoid” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #146 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Dublin, Ireland
“avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The location of the hotel is great ,but other than that awful.
We were put in the back room on the ground floor ,
Which looked out onto the garbage bins in the back alley .
You could smell the garbage ,plus truck coming by early every
morning to collect disturbed you sleep.
Room was dusty needed a good clean ,
and hairs in bath/shower
dont stay here !!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
Massapequa, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Dealing with these people was surreal. After booking this hotel through hotels.com, I arrived there with the family. The first thing the desk representative that evening told us was that he probably couldn't accommodate us for the nights we booked. That's always reassuring. They actually showed us a chart of their rooms and their bookings to prove that they were not making it up. That's not the point. The point is to not represent your hotel as one having vacancies if you don't!

The following day, we were told that we would have to move to another room. The following day, were were told to get ready to move again. We asked whether they'd asked any other guests to move. This seemed like a novel idea to them. We had to repeat to them the question, "Why are you asking us to move twice before other guests are being asked to move once?" The lady at the front counter became upset, saying she was out for a long time on a medical leave, that this was her first day back and that she didn't appreciate being talked to like we were talking to her.

I have a big issue with hotels.com as well. I called the company during this debacle and was told by a representative that they would credit us for two of the nights to recognize the aggravation. A month later my credit card bill arrived, and of course, it had no credit. I called hotels.com and they had no record of my call or their promise. When I asked for a supervisor, I was told that the identify of this person could not be revealed because of security reasons. What cowardice.

The Starlite and Hotels.com, a perfect marriage of losers.

PS: Have another moment? I just received my latest hotels.com statement via email. With regard to the 10 nights and the 11th is free program, the company has us credited for only half the number of nights that we stayed on this trip. What a joke.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I often wonder about the people who write hotel reviews. Many times I think that it is an employee from a competitive property. I had an awesome experience at this hotel, not to mention a free oceanview upgrade. The rooms were a pleasant and clean with modern decorations. I loved the 24hr iced water canister! I was able to refil my water bottle with really great tasting water. I stayed on the 4th floor over Ocean Dr and suprisingly enough the sound from Wet Willie's next door nor traffic outside.

The front desk worker offered excelent recommendations for for tour and nitelife activities. And she was kind enough to watch my bags after the 11a.m. checkout. Noone bothered my luggage and all was well.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: make sure that you call for airport shuttle service 24hrs in advance because a cab ride to the aipor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Overall my experience was good. Hotel Location was the best, close to everything.The room wasnt the best. We stayed in room 208 and the view we had was of the dumpsters in the alley. Their was not great ventilation in the bathroom. When we took a shower the entire room would get hot. The shower pressure was extremely high, so high that if the water hit certain part of your body it would be cause pain. Also, the shower head was not adjustable, it was at a level for someone who is at least 5'11. Since the shower head was not adjustable, the water would hit the wall and get all over the floor and the bathroom smelled like mold or mildew. Maria the maid was rude, but other than that the hotel employees were nice and helpful.
If you have kids do not come. The walls are paper thin, the rooms are small.I could hear full conversations with people across the hall and in the rooms next to us. I could hear the people next to us using the shower, I could hear what they were watching on tv,and anything else you could imagine i heard

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

A really nice place in the very heart of South Beach. Video security, key cards, a 24 hour desk, and right across the street from Miami Beach. The staff was friendly and the prices were reasonable for this small but colorful hotel. It is near everything and lots of sidewalks for walking everywhere. They have an outdoor restaurant and a bar. Who wants to eat indoors anyway in Miami Beach. All rooms have free WI-fi, refrigerator, and microwave. A clean 3 star hotel right in the heart of all the action. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask about an ocean view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I come to South Beach every year! I always pick a different hotel and this is by far the worst one I have chosen! Valet was horrible! You have to pay cash daily before 4pm and they won't give you a written receipt! The front desk help was just plan awful/ rude!!! Every time that we needed our car brought around it took almost an hour!!! One time the women at the front desk just simply didn't call!!! One day we completely lost power in our room! They flipped the breaker and it still did not come on!! In the middle of the night the stupid lights came on ad woke us up!! Then our cards quit working! It took is to trip down to the front desk to get working keys!! All I have to say is.... You get what you pay for!!! I won't ever make this mistake again!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was my first time in south beach, Starlite is no 5 star but it was clean, beds were comfortable and very affordable for South Beach. We had a room at the front of the hotel. Room 302 had the best view of the beach and the strip on Ocean Dr. Front desk reception were friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the water pressure in the shower was very weak. I would definitely stay here again. FYI if you dont want to break the bank when eating out do not eat any where on ocean drive its way over priced and the food is not even worth it. collins and washington st have more affordable places to eat only a short walking distance away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Starlite Hotel? Share your experiences!