“Great location, good short stay” 3 of 5 stars

Starlite Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #147 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great location, good short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in November, and arrived late after a long flight to a warm and pleasant welcome by the receptionist. Our rooms were comfortable and large, with a small kitchenette, well stocked en-suite and digital TV.
The cleanliness was not brilliant, the sheets and towels were clean, but behind the sink, under the table and other nooks & crannies could have done with a bit of a scrub. A few of the tiles were cracked and some of the paint could do with a little touch-up. However, for the price we payed, it was actually above expectations.
The location is fantastic, all the bars, clubs & cafes you could possibly want are right on it's doorstep. My room actually looked out over Lummus park & South Beach, which was lovely to wake up to.
We opted for Valet parking, which costs $24 per 24 hours, and since the nearest parking is a ten minute walk away and costs $20 per 24 hours, is actually great value, and the service was great.
One note of warning, we went down to the little bar outside for a drink when we first arrived, and having just ordered a couple of drinks without thinking, 2 of the most enormous glasses arrived, which stung us $25 each. I think this is standard on the strip, so make sure you ask the price BEFORE you order!
However, almost every eaterie on Ocean drive does a hearty breakfast for $5.75 (including unlimited orange juice and coffee), great for the morning after one too many drinks (or just one of the huge ones!).
Espanola Way was a real highlight of our time in Miami, and a short walk from the hotel, with a more chilled out atmosphere, with nice bars it was a bit kinder to the wallet too.
I would reccommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be central to the action, doesn't mind the hustle & bustle (people watching is fantastic on Ocean drive) and doesn't want anything too luxurious.
We'd stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the beach have a great view, but are also the noisiest. Try and avoid rooms on the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Well I like south beach Miami. The location was perfect for tourist, good value for everything I do not pay to much. But the impression I get when I arrived was terrible.No elevator was broken I have to take my logged for the step to the four floor. When I getting to the room was dirty very stinks with smoke sigar. I ask to the front desk for another room but the lady toll me the all room was the same. I was very disappointing no helpful. Finally next day I ask again on front desk to change my room and she toll me I am going to change your room after four day's be in the stink room. The service was terrible, the maid make my bed only one time because I ask her. Never Again, I will never recommend this Hotel to any body. To have this experiences.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Split, Croatia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had a great time in Miami! The location of Starlite hotel is perfect. Good value for money. We did not pay so much. The lady in reception desk was very hapeful. I would recommend the hotel young people with not so big expectations.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Campinas, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Terrible!!! When we arrived, they provided us a used dirty room. After our complain, the maid quicly (tried) to tide the mess but left dirt towels with stains and hairs.
Also, they overbook reserves, so it´s not sure you will be in the room you choose (what happened to us).
Also, since it doesn´t have parking lot, you will MUST pay US$22,00 per day for a valet get your car the leave it (who knows where!?!?). Due to this charge, it´s better to choose a better hotel.
Run away of this hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The service was terrible, the room is crap and the sheets were NOT changed. You can hear clearly through the walls, no privacy. No lobby to wait in for your room to be ready. Your luggage sits in the hallway until you are checked in. If you would like stroll around to kill time, luggage is out in the open and vulnerable. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012
Palm Bay, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

October 29, 2012 - Monday

Requested a front room overlooking the park thru Expedia....was told those rooms are more expensive. We got here at 12 noon and was told we'd have to wait an hour and to leave our luggage in the hallway. No coffee maker, refrigerator doesnt work and there is no HEAT. It's going down in the 40's tonight and all they can offer is more blankets. For $95 a night, plus $22 for parking, they should have the BASICS!!! I will never stay here again. Room 215.....dont bother. I'll have photos to add when I get home.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and get the basics. Collins Ave is only a block away and runs parallel and the ho...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
wisconsin dells
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I ignored all previous reviews thinking people are too demanding.OMG,I was so wrong.First of all,out of 5 front desk people only one was nice,maybe because we didnt speak spanish at all.Second,room was terrible.Used to be a housekeeper,so I know what a clean room looks like.this was not even close to clean.Found hair all over,bathroom not swept and mopped good,and found these little tiny ants-looking that were all around,so when we brought leftovers in the room,next morning found bunch of those in the box.IT WAS GROSSS.First morning woke up early because of a terrible noise,but then the noise stopped.Next morning that same noise woke me up again,and when I went downstairs to complain,they were fixing the elevator,and you could hear the noise even on the last floor.And when i started complaining,front desk lady said they will fix the elevator today,so there wont be any noise tomorrow.No sorry,no apologize AT ALL.I went there on vacation,not to wake up two days in a row at 7 in the morning.The one and only good thing was that she let us leave the baggage at the hall after we checked out,while we were on the beach,and let us use the restrooms to change clothes.All in all,Ocean drive hotels are just a tourist trap,and not only hotels but all of the restaurants out there.Will never be back to the "famous" ocean drive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Starlite Hotel? Share your experiences!