“NO HEAT!!” 1 of 5 stars

Palm Bay, FL
“NO HEAT!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

October 29, 2012 - Monday

Requested a front room overlooking the park thru Expedia....was told those rooms are more expensive. We got here at 12 noon and was told we'd have to wait an hour and to leave our luggage in the hallway. No coffee maker, refrigerator doesnt work and there is no HEAT. It's going down in the 40's tonight and all they can offer is more blankets. For $95 a night, plus $22 for parking, they should have the BASICS!!! I will never stay here again. Room 215.....dont bother. I'll have photos to add when I get home.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and get the basics. Collins Ave is only a block away and runs parallel and the ho...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
wisconsin dells
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I ignored all previous reviews thinking people are too demanding.OMG,I was so wrong.First of all,out of 5 front desk people only one was nice,maybe because we didnt speak spanish at all.Second,room was terrible.Used to be a housekeeper,so I know what a clean room looks like.this was not even close to clean.Found hair all over,bathroom not swept and mopped good,and found these little tiny ants-looking that were all around,so when we brought leftovers in the room,next morning found bunch of those in the box.IT WAS GROSSS.First morning woke up early because of a terrible noise,but then the noise stopped.Next morning that same noise woke me up again,and when I went downstairs to complain,they were fixing the elevator,and you could hear the noise even on the last floor.And when i started complaining,front desk lady said they will fix the elevator today,so there wont be any noise tomorrow.No sorry,no apologize AT ALL.I went there on vacation,not to wake up two days in a row at 7 in the morning.The one and only good thing was that she let us leave the baggage at the hall after we checked out,while we were on the beach,and let us use the restrooms to change clothes.All in all,Ocean drive hotels are just a tourist trap,and not only hotels but all of the restaurants out there.Will never be back to the "famous" ocean drive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Norrkoping, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

hotel terrible,went cockroaches andworms,dirtyi got at the bacteria in this hotellocation was ok but nothing moore i choise another hotel after two days in the hotel,i was verry ill because the maschine which gives the could bad work and in the room was very cold,when you turn off the maschine it was warm abd the cockroaches went everywhere

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
South Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Okay for real, the Starlite is not a '5 Star' hotel, nor a '4', nor a '3'. But it gets a 10 for location and it's cheap! It is right on Ocean Drive with that beautiful thing, called the beach, right across the street. I am typically very fussy about my hotels, but I stumbled upon The Starlite prior to a cruise. And I've been stumbling back to it ever since. Everything about it needs help, but I keep going back. And with the money I save, I can eat and drink more. Don't get me wrong, Starlite is not dirty and NASTY, it's just not aesthetically pleasing. And I will keep going back! See ya next time, Starlite!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Me and a few friend wanted to experience the place referred to as south beach, and what an experience it was!
Hotel is located on 8th and ocean right in the middle of the ocean drive strip. Beside wet Willie and literally across the street from the beach it is walking distance to everything a tourist could want. From 10am-5am this location stays live.
Check in was fast and friendly rooms were clean and cleaned daily. Room has fridge and microwave. Iron and ironing board also come in handy so you can enjoy the night life

I would 100% stay here again and recommend to anyone who want a no frills value hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at the starlite hotel with my father and son. It is an older building, the location is right on south beach and is great access to the beach, resturants and night life. Our room was a double bed, it was a dated room but clean. The bathrooms were worn but clean. Everything in the room worked. The towels and sheets were clean. The staff from my experience was not all that bad, check in was a bit slow but for the price you pay it really didn't bother us. This is not a five star hotel. It is a budget friendly beach hotel. If your purpose is to have a place to shower and rest, and spend your time enjoying miami this is a great place for you. If you are planning on spending most of your time in a hotel room in miami you will be greatly disappointed.

• Stayed December 2011
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My friend and I (two english girls in their 20s) LOVED STARLITE!!! we are both well travelled and iv been a holiday rep abroad. Before our holiday the negative reviews of the hotel worried us a little however as soon as we got to the Starlite our worries went out the Window.
Right in the centre of Ocean drive and Overlooking the beach what more could you want for the price??? The room itself was clean, full of light and tv fridge and clean towels! and a dressing table......we were plesently suprised.
Patty the receptionist could not do enough to help us! I lost my phone one night and she spent a whole morning ringing around places helping me find it!

If your young and with your friends and looking to be right in the hub of the partying the starlite is for you!

For our 5 night stay no maid cleaned our room BUT the cost of the hotel is so cheap this didnt bother us!!! your on ocean drive people! book Starlite best deal and risk i have ever taken lol.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends