“You get what you pay for.. Best deal on Ocean Drive” 4 of 5 stars

Starlite Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #148 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Bocas Del Toro
“You get what you pay for.. Best deal on Ocean Drive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is not a 4 star hotel but it is a GREAT 2-3 star property and the best affordable option on Ocean Drive and maybe in all of South Beach. I have stayed here several times over the years and always come back. $60-$100 a night on average if you book on Hotels.com or one of those sites. Rooms are well done for the price and are not dirty or disgusting by any means. The cheaper rooms have views of other buildings or dumpsters but your not paying for the view your staying cheap 100 meters from the beach on Ocean Drive. Reliable internet. Looking for cheap in Miami Beach look no more book the Starlite.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!! It is VERY VERY VERY dirty!!! The staff is rude and ignorant. The hotel will charge you the TOTAL of your stay at check in. That's right - the total of your entire stay will be charged at check in. Then when you walk in the room and see how dirty it is, they will not let you cancel nor give you a refund because you walked in the room. They must be used to the complaints. Once again DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!! You will regret it. I recommend staying in a chain hotel that you're familiar with.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

Be careful with the cute restaurant in the street, family size paella cost us 454 DOLLARS!! And the never give us the price because it was an special.... 55 dollars for the big size drink and to top all that, when I questioned the Price the waiter Named RAM, a cute Cuban guy, called me drunk.... Not nice!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Awesome location! Right across the street from South Beach between 7th - 8th and Ocean Drive! I called Starliet Hotel a week prior to my check-in date to confirm my reservation, the Receptionist was RUDE! I was totally fooled by the pictures they had posted on their website! The towel bar in my room was broken and being held up with a spring! None of the shower curtin hooks matched! The walls in the restroom were filled with dirt, mold, cracked/chipped paint, and the door was so warped it wouldn't close! The two pieces of art work in the room were very ugly and broken! Visible dusty piping throughout the room! There was one light fixture in the room which only lit entrance of the room! Someone's Grandmother lamp was in the room for extra lighting! Room service will only change your bedding or make your bed if you leave a note on your bed requesting it! The walls in the room are paper thin! The couple in the room to the left of mine faught everyday and couple in the room to the right of me smoked weed all day everyday! Please review the pictures I've attached.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Patti was the rudest person I have ever met. You don't go on vacation to be approached by some ingrate like that on your vacation. She just seemed like she was angry at te world. Go to coloney hotel it's better.

• Stayed May 2012
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The location couldn't have been better, however the hallway and room was like something I picture in a movie where a guy stays when he's down and out. If you're looking for a place to pass out after a hard night of partying and want to save a few bucks then this place is great, however if you're down there as a couple you might be disappointed. The service and staff were great.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I try to be brutally honest when writing these, so sorry for the long review! Hope it helps though, here it is!

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night during the summer, while we waited for our cruise departure the next day. I've been to Miami before but always stayed in South Beach, however this time since we were only there for one night we wanted to stay on Ocean Drive to get the best nightl ife and restaurant atmosphere. Looking back I'm not sure if I'll do that again.

We arrived a few hours before check in, which was fine for us, we figured we'd drop off our suitcase at the hotel and walk around for a bit. When we arrived to the hotel, the lady at the receptionist counter was extremely nice and told us that she would let us check in early which was amazing. She told us to come back in an hour and she'd have a room ready for us. We asked if we could leave our luggage there and she said that was fine. However, there was no where to put the luggage! We were advised to leave it right next to the desk, out in the open. I personally felt very very uncomfortable leaving my luggage right in the middle of the entry way where people were walking in and out. But she assured us it would be safe. So we left and came back and thank god it was still there. I think they should reserve a closet for situations like this. We can't possibly be the only people who have arrived early at this hotel ever.

We checked in and the room was ok, basically you are getting what you paid for. If I recall the floor was like a classroom floor, concrete, no rugs. So that wasn't that pleasant. The TV was pretty old, and we didn't get alot of channels on it. The bedding was absolutely horrible. It was like from the 1970s and was extremely rough and not comfortable to sleep in. The bathroom was actually the nicest thing about the hotel considering everything. Our room was in the back of the hotel, which was nice, so we honestly didnt hear any noise from the street. However the walls were VERY thin. We heard a drunk girl fighting and screaming alllll night through the walls. Also there was ALOT of noisey drunk people in the hallways up until the middle of the night. But i guess you have to figure if you're staying on the main strip there is bound to be drunk people, so that didn't bother us so much. The one and ONLY huge problem I had was I didn't necessarily feel 'safe' in the room. The door lock felt like not enough security from the outside world and it felt like someone could bust in at any moment.
Again I realize it was a super cheap hotel to stay in, with GREAT location. I don't think I would ever stay there if it was more than 1 day. It was perfect for just an over night thing. If you're a college student on vacation this place is perfect for you. But if you're with your family and/or significant other, save your money and stay in a nice hotel in south beach.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Starlite Hotel? Share your experiences!