“Rude... Dirty bad maid service” 1 of 5 stars

You added Starlite Hotel to your Saves list
Starlite Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #139 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
“Rude... Dirty bad maid service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Patti was the rudest person I have ever met. You don't go on vacation to be approached by some ingrate like that on your vacation. She just seemed like she was angry at te world. Go to coloney hotel it's better.

• Stayed May 2012

382 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Manchester, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The location couldn't have been better, however the hallway and room was like something I picture in a movie where a guy stays when he's down and out. If you're looking for a place to pass out after a hard night of partying and want to save a few bucks then this place is great, however if you're down there as a couple you might be disappointed. The service and staff were great.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I try to be brutally honest when writing these, so sorry for the long review! Hope it helps though, here it is!

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night during the summer, while we waited for our cruise departure the next day. I've been to Miami before but always stayed in South Beach, however this time since we were only there for one night we wanted to stay on Ocean Drive to get the best nightl ife and restaurant atmosphere. Looking back I'm not sure if I'll do that again.

We arrived a few hours before check in, which was fine for us, we figured we'd drop off our suitcase at the hotel and walk around for a bit. When we arrived to the hotel, the lady at the receptionist counter was extremely nice and told us that she would let us check in early which was amazing. She told us to come back in an hour and she'd have a room ready for us. We asked if we could leave our luggage there and she said that was fine. However, there was no where to put the luggage! We were advised to leave it right next to the desk, out in the open. I personally felt very very uncomfortable leaving my luggage right in the middle of the entry way where people were walking in and out. But she assured us it would be safe. So we left and came back and thank god it was still there. I think they should reserve a closet for situations like this. We can't possibly be the only people who have arrived early at this hotel ever.

We checked in and the room was ok, basically you are getting what you paid for. If I recall the floor was like a classroom floor, concrete, no rugs. So that wasn't that pleasant. The TV was pretty old, and we didn't get alot of channels on it. The bedding was absolutely horrible. It was like from the 1970s and was extremely rough and not comfortable to sleep in. The bathroom was actually the nicest thing about the hotel considering everything. Our room was in the back of the hotel, which was nice, so we honestly didnt hear any noise from the street. However the walls were VERY thin. We heard a drunk girl fighting and screaming alllll night through the walls. Also there was ALOT of noisey drunk people in the hallways up until the middle of the night. But i guess you have to figure if you're staying on the main strip there is bound to be drunk people, so that didn't bother us so much. The one and ONLY huge problem I had was I didn't necessarily feel 'safe' in the room. The door lock felt like not enough security from the outside world and it felt like someone could bust in at any moment.
Again I realize it was a super cheap hotel to stay in, with GREAT location. I don't think I would ever stay there if it was more than 1 day. It was perfect for just an over night thing. If you're a college student on vacation this place is perfect for you. But if you're with your family and/or significant other, save your money and stay in a nice hotel in south beach.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Clinton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Before booking this hotel, I read through reviews and was little skeptical at first. The only set back was the room wasn't ready, but that was because of my early arrival. The staff was nice and called when the room was ready and held the luggage while we started our vacation. The room was very clean and welcoming. The location is perfect. It is in the center of the main strip and next too a very popular bar. I enjoyed this hotel very much and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Waukegan, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Ill say this first so people actually read it. Dont use the elevator. take the stairs. when it opens you can already tell somethins wrong when it takes 15 seconds for the door to open. it takes a very long time to get to your floor. (we were only on the 3rd floor) when you actually get to your floor there is this loud buzzer (i thought it was broken) oh and the load capacity is 1000 lbs. and inspected a year ago so dont put more then 4-5 people in it.

now on to the actual review

Great location, right on the beach, restaurants all down the street. Bad Side: Loud music/people until very early hours and a pretty small room w/ no view whatsoever.

Service was pretty bad. When we checked in we stood at the front desk for 5 minutes waiting for the receptionist to quit watching television and talking to her friends. She had a pretty snobby attitude but when we finally did get her attention, she was pretty nice. we got there around noon and check-in wasn't until 2 O'clock but she called the maid and had her get our room ready right away. BTW: be aware of a $100 deposit required opon check-in. $100 on hold on a credit card.
On our last day we had an early flight so we had to leave the hotel around 5:30. I had asked the desk to call me a cab for 5:30 the next morning and when we went downstars at 5:20 the cab was already there waiting. The man at the front desk, however, was very unnatentive. his accent was so thick we could not understand him at all.
Housekeeping just threw the sheets over the bed to make it look like they made it. they didnt sweep the floor, clean up crumbs, etc. she forgot to take out the garbage and we had to ask for clean towels.

Overall a pretty decent hotel w/ lousy service. room furniture and electronics were all modern and the bathroom looked decent but the building itself needed some upkeep.

Room Tip: Rooms that end in 1-3 (301, 203, etc.) have an ocean view. all others have a view of an alley or a b...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Scandinavia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Location is awesome, if you want to party and be in the middle of the action on Sobe.
For being a two star property, you get what you can expect.. The front desk staff is quite nice and accomodating. The elevator was really slow, and not working well.. I was on fourth floor, and didn`t mind walking the stairs.. I stayed in a room facing Ocean Dr, and had a great beach/ ocean view. Not so many of these rooms, and you have to pay a bit more.. The only thing I really can complain about.. is that I started itching in the bedsheets.. dont` know why.. This hotel is definately for a younger crowd, so if you`re a light sleeper.., go somewhere else :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to Starlite Hotel? Share your experiences!